HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:39 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
promises... well, we only promised that development will take as long as it takes. as for saying it's in build, there is a build queue that has to get through, we need to keep building Slicks, the backlog, the new Velox, the 65 Vyper update... all promised also and also went into the build queue...


...anyways, we've tried to be as up-front about the communication of this project as we can, and as a result people will either think that it is coming or it's not coming, and this doesn't actually change the outcome. Either way, it is coming...
and once the plane goes on build queue, why could it be cancelled? because other things takes priority? at least as for me, i understand that if plane goes on build queue, it is already not a prototype, v1 is done and all the testers can relax? or im wrong? basically are you saying that im wrong and in build queue does not mean that plane will be (relatively) soon on the water and things can change?

p.s. i love new velox scheme! and if globalrc would get one, i would be first to grab it!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:11 PM
can't buy vaporware
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Actually the video's you saw before "July 19, 2012 8:37 PM"
Were video's shot while the plane was in development and at various shows, and its was always described as a prototype.
I am *glad* that 3DHS takes their time to make sure everything is excellent, but I have to disagree with some others here...I'd rather learn about what is actually for sale now. I'm strange like that.

That being said, I just noticed something I want from 3DHS is in stock...gotta keep it quiet until I order.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:17 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
IThat being said, I just noticed something I want from 3DHS is in stock...gotta keep it quiet until I order.
I bet it weighs130g
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:43 PM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
I am *glad* that 3DHS takes their time to make sure everything is excellent, but I have to disagree with some others here...I'd rather learn about what is actually for sale now. I'm strange like that.
.
That's to bad.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:55 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,606 Posts
What???? It's not here???? Just kidding!!....

Guys, I been into models for a long time, and I have seen companies promise things and sometimes NEVER bring them out (American RC Helicopters was notorious for this...and they were also notorious for just copying everybody else products). But then, lots of companies talk about planes/products, and bring them out without the proper testing, and then of course they get a reputation for producing junk (HobbyKing come to mind???) I would much rather know that when 3DHS brings out a plane, it will be the best it can be...and that's pretty damn good!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:44 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
davebloomer's Avatar
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
What???? It's not here???? Just kidding!!....

Guys, I been into models for a long time, and I have seen companies promise things and sometimes NEVER bring them out (American RC Helicopters was notorious for this...and they were also notorious for just copying everybody else products). But then, lots of companies talk about planes/products, and bring them out without the proper testing, and then of course they get a reputation for producing junk (HobbyKing come to mind???) I would much rather know that when 3DHS brings out a plane, it will be the best it can be...and that's pretty damn good!!!

SteveT
+1


To go with that, I like that they announced so early. Gives us something to ramble on and speculate about.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:47 AM
Registered User
mexico's Avatar
NJ
Joined Aug 2003
8,893 Posts
It all starts with that mean son of a - Scott. He has been trouble going back to the Stevens Aero Bipe.
I bet he was in on the Kitana Mini delays.
mexico is offline Find More Posts by mexico
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:09 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,507 Posts
I'll give a personal thank you to Mr. Stoops for the wonderful flying Vypers, Extra's and Velox's I currently own and have previously owned. Keep up the good work Scott! I can't wait to get a pull in on the byper!
Bivens is online now Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:40 AM
can't buy vaporware
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,484 Posts
opps
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Aug 03, 2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Don't criticize, condemn, or complain:)
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:42 AM
can't buy vaporware
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
I'll give a personal thank you to Mr. Stoops for the wonderful flying Vypers, Extra's and Velox's I currently own and have previously owned. Keep up the good work Scott! I can't wait to get a pull in on the byper!
+1. And for his book.

Love my super Vyper, as it was the first plane I got that could really 3D well.

P.S. It was Joe Smith's video of the Super Vyper, and the fact that it was in stock at the time, that resulted in me being the proud owner of it. So thanks to Joe, his Mom and pit crew???
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Aug 03, 2012 at 01:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:10 PM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
+1. And for his book.

Love my super Vyper, as it was the first plane I got that could really 3D well.

P.S. It was Joe Smith's video of the Super Vyper, and the fact that it was in stock at the time, that resulted in me being the proud owner of it. So thanks to Joe, his wife, and son.
Didn't know Joe had a wife?
Need to find out who it is.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:12 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
davebloomer's Avatar
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,734 Posts
I JUST TOLD HIM in the fly low thread to stay away from the ladies.....what does he do.. goes and gets married
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:29 PM
can't buy vaporware
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Didn't know Joe had a wife?
Need to find out who it is.
Oops, I thought it was joe senior and jr. Confused.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:35 PM
Registered User
mexico's Avatar
NJ
Joined Aug 2003
8,893 Posts
That was a good book. The editing was top notch.
mexico is offline Find More Posts by mexico
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:36 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
Oops, I thought it was joe senior and jr. Confused.
Jim= Father = jsmith285
Joe=Son = joesmith285
Jim's wife (sorry, don't know wife's name)

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial 3DHS-Bipe thread. Buzzkill2 3D Flying 139 Jul 07, 2011 01:13 AM
Question 3DHS Bipe? PinkYakRC 3D Flying 127 Jul 03, 2011 11:11 AM
Question Crashed my 3DHS Edge 55 need new planes any advice? bhoges17 3D Flying 11 Jan 26, 2010 01:19 PM
Any news of new GWS P-40??? CryHavoc Parkflyers 5 Sep 05, 2004 11:41 AM