HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2012, 07:23 PM
Half way there
USA, FL, Ocoee
Joined Sep 2008
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
from my experience bipes always have that "wingy" feel, a dominant attribute but that looks a little excessive. probably a little too light on the wing for my liking but I'm sure many will love it
bill clark is offline Find More Posts by bill clark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D printing small parts
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2012, 07:28 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
I'm not a biplane type of guy either. My brother is so I atleast get to fly the 3dhs biplane when it comes out !!!!!
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:04 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill clark View Post
from my experience bipes always have that "wingy" feel, a dominant attribute but that looks a little excessive. probably a little too light on the wing for my liking but I'm sure many will love it
the Vyper Bype has a very solid feel... Scott is pretty particular about how planes feel with their cubic loading, so in terms of general handling it's like his Extra's and the Vyper, but yet the wing area and excessive aileron authority come into play in a bunch of maneuvers. It's such a solid plane, landing it in a regular fashion like it's Vyper brothers is such a sweet experience. It's also solid in structure... I have accidentally done an inverted flat spin all the way to a shale gravel airstrip with no damage (not saying this will happen every time, but I was sure as heck surprised that it was undamaged).
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:07 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
wait I wasnt suposed to hover catch the vyper? Pooo
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:15 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
United States, OH, Bristolville
Joined Oct 2010
4,713 Posts
I might have to get one of these later this year, though It all depends on if I have enoph cash for it having bought 3 other 3dhs planes within the past few months. And I have been eying a 42'' slick to go with my 51'' slick.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:53 PM
Half way there
USA, FL, Ocoee
Joined Sep 2008
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
wait I wasnt suposed to hover catch the vyper? Pooo
or the 72
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:56 PM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
But bipes are always 'bigger' than suggested by their wingspan alone. Being bipes they tend to have smaller span wings than a monoplane, so this 42" bipe will likely be at least equal in 'overall size' (and weight) to a 48" monoplane. The fact that it uses the exact same powetrain as the 51" Slick tells the story.
I've seen this phenomenon, they do always seem larger than the span alone would indicate, but even so a 42" span bipe doesn't really hit that size sweet spot for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
yup, +1 to what JetPlaneFlyer says. bipes are "bigger" than their wingspans suggest, this bipe uses the 51" Slick equipment, etc etc.

This plane has been in development for such a long time to get it right, varying sizes may be looked at once this is nailed.
That would be good if they are going to come out with a couple different sizes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
Sounds like luke wants one with a 48" wing span that might be closer to a 60" monoplane.

Bingo, I have a 50" span mono now and I wouldn't really want any smaller. Ideally if my current plane was 60" i'd be even happier.

I think a bipe in the 48"-55" size would be sweet, unfortunately there aren't really many options in this size range. The GP Reactor and H9 Christian Eagle are the only real options. The H9 model doesn't appeal to me very much I'm not a fan of the color scheme never have liked the Christian Eagle scheme. I also have my doubts about the flight ability of the Reactor being what I'd like, I like a plane that even if i'm not doing 3D stuff I like to be able to throw it around at low level and low speed with confidence, the Reactor doesn't strike me as that.

So that's why the 3DHS product has my interest, as I imagine it will fly the way i'd like it too, i'd just like a bit bigger.
luke352 is offline Find More Posts by luke352
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:15 PM
Half way there
USA, FL, Ocoee
Joined Sep 2008
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke352 View Post
I've seen this phenomenon, they do always seem larger than the span alone would indicate, but even so a 42" span bipe doesn't really hit that size sweet spot for me.

That would be good if they are going to come out with a couple different sizes!

Bingo, I have a 50" span mono now and I wouldn't really want any smaller. Ideally if my current plane was 60" i'd be even happier.

I think a bipe in the 48"-55" size would be sweet, unfortunately there aren't really many options in this size range. The GP Reactor and H9 Christian Eagle are the only real options. The H9 model doesn't appeal to me very much I'm not a fan of the color scheme never have liked the Christian Eagle scheme. I also have my doubts about the flight ability of the Reactor being what I'd like, I like a plane that even if i'm not doing 3D stuff I like to be able to throw it around at low level and low speed with confidence, the Reactor doesn't strike me as that.

So that's why the 3DHS product has my interest, as I imagine it will fly the way i'd like it too, i'd just like a bit bigger.
I had the small Reactor bipe a couple years ago and it was the harrier king. wish I woulda kept it
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:36 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
Bingo, I have a 50" span mono now and I wouldn't really want any smaller.

...I don't know what you're reading... but we've typed numerous times that this biplane is a size up from the 48" planes, and is the equivalent to a 51" Slick, a monoplane... which by everyone's admission is regarded as rather big for a 51" plane. If we do a larger plane it would be 2-2.5Kw/6S 5000mah or 8S 4000mah size or more, standard servos etc.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:49 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,523 Posts
In an attempt to simplify my battery needs I've dropped the 4s 2650 planes from my fleet...even though the 51" Slick is probably my favorite airframe of all time. This bipe might just get me back into the market. I'm a little concerned that the hovers look real squirrely in the video though. My hovers already look like that with the airframes that everyone else can somehow lock in with no problems. I hope it was just windy in the vid, becasue I need all the help I can get!

A 4s 4000mah airframe would take away any dilemmas about hittting the buy button!

Quote:
. The H9 model doesn't appeal to me very much I'm not a fan of the color scheme never have liked the Christian Eagle scheme.
You should seek medical and psychological help immediately!!!

G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:32 PM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,291 Posts
Quote:

...I don't know what you're reading... but we've typed numerous times that this biplane is a size up from the 48" planes, and is the equivalent to a 51" Slick, a monoplane... which by everyone's admission is regarded as rather big for a 51" plane. If we do a larger plane it would be 2-2.5Kw/6S 5000mah or 8S 4000mah size or more, standard servos etc.
Not saying it isn't and this is in no way criticism, I will probably get one when they come out I just wish it was just that bit bigger.
luke352 is offline Find More Posts by luke352
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:43 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2009
123 Posts
I have a Zero Gravity Pitts that's 42in I think and it seems quite large in the sky, 2in bigger than my AMR. If you want 50in there's Sebart, 2 to chose from. You need $$$$$ though. OK that's it I've hit 50 posts in 3 years, never thought I'd make it. John
cepheus is offline Find More Posts by cepheus
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:31 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,735 Posts
Its got two wings!!!!!!
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:04 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
Its got two wings!!!!!!
Or four, depending on how you look at it....
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:08 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,515 Posts
Quote:
If we do a larger plane it would be 2-2.5Kw/6S 5000mah or 8S 4000mah size or more, standard servos etc.
A lager 6S 5000 Bipe, now that would be the shiznit!
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter