HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:28 AM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2012
92 Posts
Got a chance to see the 3DHS bipe in person at the Toledo show Friday. Crazy activity at their exhibit planes were selling like hotcakes.

Have to be honest when I say its an ugly duckling IMO. Maybe it'll fly awesome, probably will but dang is it ugly. Little short fat kinda v shaped wings with the almost profile looking fuse just didn't do it for me at all. Kinda like a ultimate/profile/fat winged things. Loved the rest of their stuff.

Im a HUGE bipe fan of all kinds of bikes from all time periods just couldn't get into the 3DHS bipe.

I can see a new style scheme changing it a lot and I hope the get away from the white/classic styles we've seen so far.

Black/orange/chrome would work wonders on their bipe, so would just about any color with black and chrome (shiny silver) IMO.

The fat wings is really what killed it for me. Just not a fan of the pointed wings and the chord at the fuse is huge.

Love the rest of their airframes.
lostinthesun is offline Find More Posts by lostinthesun
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:34 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinthesun View Post
Got a chance to see the 3DHS bipe in person at the Toledo show Friday. Crazy activity at their exhibit planes were selling like hotcakes.

Have to be honest when I say its an ugly duckling IMO. Maybe it'll fly awesome, probably will but dang is it ugly. Little short fat kinda v shaped wings with the almost profile looking fuse just didn't do it for me at all. Kinda like a ultimate/profile/fat winged things. Loved the rest of their stuff.

Im a HUGE bipe fan of all kinds of bikes from all time periods just couldn't get into the 3DHS bipe.

I can see a new style scheme changing it a lot and I hope the get away from the white/classic styles we've seen so far.

Black/orange/chrome would work wonders on their bipe, so would just about any color with black and chrome (shiny silver) IMO.

The fat wings is really what killed it for me. Just not a fan of the pointed wings and the chord at the fuse is huge.

Personally, I am really looking forward to the plane and I really like the way it looks..... .Also to me a black/ orange/chrome plane to me would be very gaudy. I would end up thinking of Halloween every time I saw it.....oh well....To each his/her own... C'est la vie....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Apr 15, 2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:57 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
the only plane scheme i REALLY liked from 3dhs even before i bought it was a 57" extra... apart from that, well, i get used to schemes! most important is how they fly, isnt it? and how they pop in the air.. like PA ultimate i really like on the ground, but when in air its simply terrible! i prefer other way around when its nice in the air like all from 3dhs..
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:03 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
PA ultimate i really like on the ground, but when in air its simply terrible!
Are we talking about the same plane

Each to his own I guess but no way does the Ultimate fly 'terrible'.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:07 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Are we talking about the same plane

Each to his own I guess but no way does the Ultimate fly 'terrible'.
I believe he was just talking about the color scheme.... I.E. he likes it on the ground, but finds it hard to see in the air...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:09 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
I believe he was just talking about the color scheme.... I.E. he likes it on the ground, but finds it hard to see in the air...

SteveT
that was and example or opposite of 3dhs colour schemes... ultimate=nice on the ground, terrible on air, 3dhs (just my opinion), okey-ish on the ground but almost perfect in the air... and yeah, it was about colour schemes, not flying charasteristics..
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:22 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,418 Posts
Ahhh.. that makes sense. Yep the PA scheme isn't the best for orientation.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:46 AM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,218 Posts
My favorite scheme of all the 3dhs ones I've ever seen is the black/orange VR-1. The new bipe is sorta along the same lines with curving arcs rather than sunburst type designs. I love the scheme of the new bipe. I'm just not a huge bipe fan, but I am interested in this one all the same... hoping to see one at the Cape Girardeu fly-in.
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:13 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,712 Posts
Nice shoes
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:15 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Nice shoes
There are shoes in that picture???

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:32 PM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
All I see are legs, and of coarse the biper.
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:52 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
767 Posts
yep theres a plane there but i am trying to read the writing

all i read is fly loi? i can make it out gonna have to stare at it longer and see if that helps.
furballll is offline Find More Posts by furballll
Old May 01, 2012, 05:18 AM
AMA 13456 NSRCA 4513
Rio Rancho, NM
Joined Nov 2007
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinthesun View Post

Wing planform is interesting (especially tip shape), inovative amongst the current crop of designs but also reminiscent of Wolfgang Matt's Saphir pattern plane from the early 90's. I wonder how those tips affect flight characterisitcs? Also a bipe fan, Byper seems like a breath of fresh air to me - looking forward to it's release!
Jeff Worsham is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Worsham
Old May 01, 2012, 12:53 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,712 Posts
Blue Vyper Bipe at SEFF
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old May 01, 2012, 04:16 PM
Team 3DHS
Los Alamos CA .
Joined Jan 2009
306 Posts
Mr. Smith is there any chance that I can have a pull on one of these at Nall? PLEASE I will be traveling something like 1700 miles and I only want to fly a few team planes this being one and theKMs Extra 330LX is the other.
Thanks Tim
XXLBMXER is offline Find More Posts by XXLBMXER