HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:17 PM
Joined Aug 2012
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
I would read that more like they expect their current supply to last 12-18 months. But if they run out of anything then tough luck.
That may be the case, but the rep told me he was "very confident" that the product would be supported for a year at the least.

Picking up some spares now though may not be a bad idea, I imagine a large number of people have probably bought the plane at the discount price despite maybe not being ready to fly it well...there may be a surge on parts after a few crashes this Spring
GREEN_MACHINE is online now Find More Posts by GREEN_MACHINE
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:42 PM
Joined Oct 2008
188 Posts
Just reserved one in UK

Just reserved one from aptly named hurricane models in essex...i saw the price drop online to 129 which i just couldn`t refuse....but funds are still low to next payday....they were good enough to hold with a deposit.Really wanted one before but the price tag put me off....from reading just a few pages of this forum it seems it has been discountinued....anyone know why?....i am hoping that it flies ok..lol....before i start trolling through the 200 pages or so of this forum is there a must do fix list for this plane.....any links to particular pages would be very helpful indeed....cant wait to payday!!!!!
DARKANGEL1 is online now Find More Posts by DARKANGEL1
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:48 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,981 Posts
There was a fix list posted about a week ago, maybe less.... just start working backwards.... it was a pdf file attachment.

It's all very minor... this is a great plane and flys beautifully, you won't regret it.
Toppers is online now Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:48 PM
Ripon, UK
Joined Apr 2010
170 Posts
Darkangel1 PM sent
Robdd1 is offline Find More Posts by Robdd1
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:31 PM
Joined Mar 2011
177 Posts
I found these acrylic jewels at the craft store,when the sun hit them they look like the real thing,I took fingernail polish remover to clean the paint off the lenses.
FokkerD is offline Find More Posts by FokkerD
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:08 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
I would read that more like they expect their current supply to last 12-18 months. But if they run out of anything then tough luck.
Yup! HH, while they have always dealt fairly with me, are not a benevolent association. Think about it. If the factory ceases production of the kits, will they run off parts afterwards? No. They make enough to fulfill their original contract, which is: so many models of one kind or another and so many spare parts and then they retool to make something else.

CR
Charley38 is offline Find More Posts by Charley38
Last edited by Charley38; Feb 11, 2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:48 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2012
1,078 Posts
Thanks Tom, what would you recommend? Also how does 3 blade hold up w/4s's? I asked several times about running 4s's- what needs to be done? I never got an answer.
I put in a 10amp Castle BEC just to CMA (always/every plane).
Loukhan is offline Find More Posts by Loukhan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fleet
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:23 AM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loukhan View Post
Thanks Tom, what would you recommend? Also how does 3 blade hold up w/4s's? I asked several times about running 4s's- what needs to be done? I never got an answer.
I put in a 10amp Castle BEC just to CMA (always/every plane).
The stock motor would not handle anything but a tiny 3 blade prop on 4s.

I replaced the motor in mine with a low Kv version out of China, but are still running on 3s on my home made 3b prop. It runs in the low 40 amp range at WOT.
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:20 AM
Joined Jan 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
Thanks how does 3 blade hold up w/4s's? I asked several times about running 4s's- what needs to be done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt View Post
The stock motor would not handle anything but a tiny 3 blade prop on 4s.

I replaced the motor in mine with a low Kv version out of China, but are still running on 3s on my home made 3b prop. It runs in the low 40 amp range at WOT.
Turnigy G25 710 KV Motor on 4s 4000Mah 45c with a 12x8 3 blade (MAS) = 50 amps peak for me.

flies fine with a MAS 11X7 3 blade also.
Blizny is offline Find More Posts by Blizny
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:07 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2012
1,078 Posts
I'm wondering..... I have a spare Stuka motor(says 600kv from FMS, and a spare motor from first run HH Corsair I believe is an 800kv), what do you all think? I don't have a watt meter but some of the guys I fly w/do.
Who is MAS?
Guy at LHS said that on 4s he heard shed do 100mph. B# or true? Some here have said that 4s is fine as long as not going heavy on the throttle. ?.?
Loukhan is offline Find More Posts by Loukhan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fleet
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:11 PM
You haz hurricane?
United States, VA, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
1,240 Posts
Quote:
I'm wondering..... I have a spare Stuka motor(says 600kv from FMS, and a spare motor from first run HH Corsair I believe is an 800kv), what do you all think? I don't have a watt meter but some of the guys I fly w/do.
Who is MAS?
Not sure if you are referencing the same thing but MAS can stand for Master airscrew, which is a company that make props that you can find in most LHS. They are what I use instead of the crappy Dynam props because they can take a beating.

Coot
Coot83 is offline Find More Posts by Coot83
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:44 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,179 Posts
Just did the maiden flight, 2 flights today.
Any possible substitute prop to have a bit more speed but keeping the stock ESC & motor.
I want a bit more speed.

Thanks,
_- Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:20 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,405 Posts
Quote:
Who is MAS?
Guy at LHS said that on 4s he heard shed do 100mph. B# or true? Some here have said that 4s is fine as long as not going heavy on the throttle. ?.?
you're not going to make a draggy hurricane go 100mph on 4s no matter how hard you try. even at 5s (and the right motor), pull a couple of g's at that speed an that foam will fold like a wet pizza box!
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:12 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Just did the maiden flight, 2 flights today.
Any possible substitute prop to have a bit more speed but keeping the stock ESC & motor.
I want a bit more speed.

Thanks,
_- Spyro
Apc 12x8 or 12x10. I'm running a 12x10 but mine is loaded pretty heavy with r retracts lighting mods and repair weight. I fly around at mostly 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and she moves nicely. I've done cooling mods though including a new one yesterday that works BEAUTIFULLY by making the exhaust stacks functional for esc cooling and tested it today and she's awesome. I also made the the scoop at the bottom functional.

I had to drill the opening out of the apc to get it to fit. No big deal.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:36 PM
Huntington Beach CA
Joined Jan 2008
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers View Post
There was a fix list posted about a week ago, maybe less.... just start working backwards.... it was a pdf file attachment.

It's all very minor... this is a great plane and flys beautifully, you won't regret it.
Any help locating this? I just read through about three weeks of posts and don't believe I saw any .pdf doc with suggested build fixes.
socalsteve is offline Find More Posts by socalsteve