Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:16 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,220 Posts
Battery Stickum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo1948 View Post
Hi Guys,
Instead, I cut a piece of this Non-Skid material that I have been using for 6 years in all my planes...the piece for the Hurricane is 3 1/2" long by 1 3/4" wide. I put a few drops of "Gorilla Glue" on the plastic tray here and there and then positioned this non-skid piece in place. Once the glue dried, I slid my battery in and tightened down the velcro strap....the battery will not move...it mushes down into the non-skid material and stays put. Make sure you position the non-skid material so that the "ridges" are facing up....they grab the battery.
Hi Mondo,

Another that works similarly is the stuff made for opening lids if your hands are slippery. It's a soft silicon circle with a waffled surface. Won't let strapped-down batteries slide. We used to buy them at WalMart. Can't seem to find them now online.

CR
Charley38 is online now Find More Posts by Charley38
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:18 PM
Eat, Fly, Dream, Repeat...
United States, GA, Jefferson
Joined Jun 2012
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I have seen the comments regarding tails, perhaps I just got lucky but mine is straight as an arrow...
Just checked mine the box...same as yours. No warp at all.
IfIHadWings is online now Find More Posts by IfIHadWings
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCM&E "Can-Doo" scratch...
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:30 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
My elevator was warped. The left side near the edge. It doesn't affect anything that I can see.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:31 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,042 Posts
No warp on mine. Been really happy with the Hurricane so far.

If there's a gripe I have, and it's very very minor, it's that I stripped both of the grub/set screws that hold the wheel collars in place when I was installing them. I spent $1.78 to buy some socket-head replacement ones from my LHS.

I'm not complaining though.
Left Coast DJ is online now Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:05 PM
United States, GA, Dacula
Joined Feb 2011
26 Posts
I bought 4 BNF's at Atlanta Hobby and picked them up. Simply couldn't resist the price. <---- Can you say addict... my wife sure can.

Anyway... I just checked the one I completed assembling this evening (with retracts... following T Seeker's vids... the epoxy is still curing) and I really don't have any warp at all.... if i got really picky, maybe just a tad. It's not anything like the pics in this thread.

Then I opened all the others and no problems at all... they all seem very straight and level.
dacula is offline Find More Posts by dacula
Last edited by dacula; Feb 08, 2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:00 PM
You haz hurricane?
United States, VA, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
I will take them if you have any...how much? Tried to send you a PM but I guess you cant receive them?

Coot
Coot83 is offline Find More Posts by Coot83
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:15 PM
Soli Deo Gloria
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Jan 2012
180 Posts
Got home from work today to find a postal notice on my door. Unable to deliver since nobody was at home. Rats! Going to go in tomorrow and pick it up at the Post Office.
GhostStone is offline Find More Posts by GhostStone
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:19 PM
United States, GA, Dacula
Joined Feb 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coot83 View Post
I will take them if you have any...how much? Tried to send you a PM but I guess you cant receive them?

Coot
Hopefully figured it out. Thank you.
dacula is offline Find More Posts by dacula
Last edited by dacula; Feb 06, 2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:54 PM
United States, OH, Rosemount
Joined Jul 2011
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley38 View Post
Hi Mondo,

Another that works similarly is the stuff made for opening lids if your hands are slippery. It's a soft silicon circle with a waffled surface. Won't let strapped-down batteries slide. We used to buy them at WalMart. Can't seem to find them now online.

CR
I just purchased some of this type of material to line the bottom of our new kitchen cabinets with, I got a roll of it at my local lowes store, it was around 8 bucks for a 6ft roll I do believe and is available in several different colors. very light thin rubbery vinyl material that can be cut to size and will NOT let your batts slide at all on any type of surface.
JM66 is offline Find More Posts by JM66
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: German Luftwaffe pilots
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:04 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Mar 2012
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm66 View Post
i just purchased some of this type of material to line the bottom of our new kitchen cabinets with, i got a roll of it at my local lowes store, it was around 8 bucks for a 6ft roll i do believe and is available in several different colors. Very light thin rubbery vinyl material that can be cut to size and will not let your batts slide at all on any type of surface.
great idea!
w1indse7 is offline Find More Posts by w1indse7
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:14 PM
Soli Deo Gloria
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Jan 2012
180 Posts
Thinking of upgrading the pilot that comes with the Hurri. What is everyone's opinion of this?

http://www.scalepilotsusa.com/1_10_RAF_Pilot.php

Or any other options that you guys know of? Thanks.
GhostStone is offline Find More Posts by GhostStone
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:19 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Mar 2012
97 Posts
Hurricane prop for sale...?

...nevermind
w1indse7 is offline Find More Posts by w1indse7
Last edited by w1indse7; Feb 06, 2013 at 09:29 PM. Reason: ...nevermind
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:31 PM
Eat, Fly, Dream, Repeat...
United States, GA, Jefferson
Joined Jun 2012
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacula View Post
I bought 4 BNF's at Atlanta Hobby and picked them up. Simply couldn't resist the price. <---- Can you say addict... my wife sure can.

Anyway... I just checked the one I completed assembling this evening (with retracts... following T Seeker's vids... the epoxy is still curing) and I really don't have any warp at all.... if i got really picky, maybe just a tad. It's not anything like the pics in this thread.

Then I opened all the others and no problems at all... they all seem very straight and level.

Anyone need a receiver or two?
Dacula....are you in "Dacula, GA"? I used to live north of Hamilton Mill near Spouts Springs. Where do you fly?
IfIHadWings is online now Find More Posts by IfIHadWings
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCM&E "Can-Doo" scratch...
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:35 AM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
United States, MI, Novi
Joined Jan 2011
519 Posts
Separable Wings?

Just got mine! Still in box, but I started reading the manual.

I was surprised that you have to epoxy the wings together. If I do, they won't fit in my trunk. Rather not straddle them across the front and back seats.

Has anyone come up with a mod for separable wings, like on my Radian?
mybad is offline Find More Posts by mybad
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:46 AM
The faster the better!
Southern England
Joined Jan 2009
1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStone View Post
Thinking of upgrading the pilot that comes with the Hurri. What is everyone's opinion of this?

http://www.scalepilotsusa.com/1_10_RAF_Pilot.php

Or any other options that you guys know of? Thanks.
Yeah go for it great quality pilots I've used them several times
TLMARK is offline Find More Posts by TLMARK