HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:07 PM
United States, IL, Urbana
Joined Jan 2005
7 Posts
3 blade

Elsewhere on this forum there was a suggestion to use the bf109 3-blade from Parkzone. I found them, PKZ4901, but could not find the JR 2.75" 3-blade spinner also referred to, nothing in Dubro, Dave Brown,EFLite either. I have not picked my plane up,so have no measurements on the diameter of stock spinner.
Please post if any news.

Thanks
sdossett is offline Find More Posts by sdossett
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:08 PM
Eat, Fly, Dream, Repeat...
United States, GA, Jefferson
Joined Jun 2012
958 Posts
My BNF is still in the box, but you guys are inspiring me to do my first weathering and paint change project seeing all the paint mods here!

I know someone previously mentioned the FlyRC review of this plane (March 2013), but there is another article in of the same mag...Simple Weathering Techniques and they demonstrate it on the Eflite Hurri 25e. Some subtle but very effective changes.
IfIHadWings is offline Find More Posts by IfIHadWings
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCM&E "Can-Doo" scratch...
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:31 PM
Joined Mar 2011
212 Posts
[Removed by User
Retiredtech is offline Find More Posts by Retiredtech
Last edited by Retiredtech; May 29, 2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:02 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Chaos View Post
... there should have been an adendum notice to this effect in your box (...main manual is incorrect)
... officially acknowledged by HH some time ago.
FWIW~ I did not have an addendum in my box; but had read the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
Some of you might already do this. When I'm using different batteries in this plane(i use 3200 and 5000 3s) I get the cg right and then mark the inside of the battery bay. I do this for different batteries and I mark a spot for "wind" and move the battery notch a half inch forward. That way once it's marked I never have to balance again unless I buy different batteries.
Did you have to make any modifications to fit the 5000mAh battery?
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:43 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,421 Posts
Maiden today was a success, she flys great, but even on my 3S packs the esc was getting hot, what are people doing to increase airflow
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:47 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdossett View Post
Elsewhere on this forum there was a suggestion to use the bf109 3-blade from Parkzone. I found them, PKZ4901, but could not find the JR 2.75" 3-blade spinner also referred to, nothing in Dubro, Dave Brown,EFLite either. I have not picked my plane up,so have no measurements on the diameter of stock spinner.
Please post if any news.

Thanks
It may have been a previous post of mine you encountered:-

In which case I think there was a typo in there
....pack was labelled "JP" (i.e.J Perkins) ... not "JR).
... will correct that post.

Link here:-

http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co.u...tname=Spinners

Although the prop and spinner fitted together nicely, (and I now do have a spare PZ bf109 prop) .... I havn't actually tried it yet !! ... cautious of some comments from other folk in here, that the 109 prop might over-amp the stock power train I currently have; keep to meaning to put my meter on it.

Meanwhile, I'm still flying with the stock prop.

Plane Chaos is offline Find More Posts by Plane Chaos
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:20 PM
United States, IL, Urbana
Joined Jan 2005
7 Posts
Spinner

Thanks Chaos. I'll follow that URL!
sdossett is offline Find More Posts by sdossett
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:01 PM
United States, NJ, Gloucester Township
Joined Jan 2012
133 Posts
Cooling ESC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
Maiden today was a success, she flys great, but even on my 3S packs the esc was getting hot, what are people doing to increase airflow
I hollowed out the scoop and made it functional. Where the scoop goes over the wings and body I cut that out also to let the air in. I then cut relief holes in the bottom of the tail section. I havn't maidened the plane yet due to poor weather but these mods should help.
Buzzcut2239 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzcut2239
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:23 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,421 Posts
I saw that going through the attachments, looks good, but my wing is already in place, I also think there needs to be a vent hole, anyway I move my esc back into the bay and cut a vent in the underside, at least now it is not sitting on top of the batteries sandwiched in foam and should get some air flow will test tomorrow
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:42 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,010 Posts
I did the scoop mod also and made some exit holes out the back. maidened and crashed (camo works really good especially at dusk ) but the esc wasn't hot
Diesel6401 is online now Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:52 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
I did the scoop mod also and made some exit holes out the back. maidened and crashed (camo works really good especially at dusk ) but the esc wasn't hot
that sucks, ya I can see this disappearing quickly at dusk
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:59 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post

Did you have to make any modifications to fit the 5000mAh battery?
Nope. It's a Venom 5000mah I got from a hobby shop a while back. It slid right in. It's great for longer flight times. I get 12 min scale flying.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:32 PM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,324 Posts
I saw this on sale today for a steal in a BNF. Only issue is I don't have any 3200 batteries but tons of 2200 ones. Can I run 2 2200/11.1 in parallel in this plane? I would preference not to have to buy more batteries right now.
jrtubb is online now Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Eflite Carbon Cub!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:44 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb View Post
I saw this on sale today for a steal in a BNF. Only issue is I don't have any 3200 batteries but tons of 2200 ones. Can I run 2 2200/11.1 in parallel in this plane? I would preference not to have to buy more batteries right now.
If they fit, you can. I am going to be doing exactly same thing and having 4400mah will just give you a bit longer flight times. There is really no reason why you would need to buy the extra lipos
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:46 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIHadWings View Post
My BNF is still in the box, but you guys are inspiring me to do my first weathering and paint change project seeing all the paint mods here!

I know someone previously mentioned the FlyRC review of this plane (March 2013), but there is another article in of the same mag...Simple Weathering Techniques and they demonstrate it on the Eflite Hurri 25e. Some subtle but very effective changes.
Fall issue of Park Pilot has a review of the Hurricane that mentions the CG addendum along with the updated measurements.
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member