SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:31 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,617 Posts
I don't begrudge folks picking up a few bucks on a pass through. Hell I'm expecting to have a PNP and BNF by this weekend, and I may sell the PNP at a swap meet the following weekend for what I paid for the BNF and it'll still be a great deal for all concerned. I'm not a flipper but I may have to rein in my impulse buys a bit and swap meet season is perfect for that.
BrownEyedFool is offline Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:49 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,924 Posts
I am not at all sure that there was a uniform colour for brown or green. I think they used what they could get.
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:53 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN View Post
I am not at all sure that there was a uniform colour for brown or green. I think they used what they could get.
+1, I think you are right
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:54 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredtech View Post
There is EBay and Paypal fees that come out of that. Let's give the guy credit, he's passing on a heck of a deal with free shipping ... could have gotten a lot more. It's close to Atlanta Hobby's price when I have to pay $54 shipping.

RT
Thats exactly what I was saying. Someone else had posted that the seller was trying to make a quick buck. He might make a buck or two but it will not be quick or easy. Was a good deal IMO.
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:57 AM
United States, IL, Urbana
Joined Jan 2005
7 Posts
4 cell pack use

Great forum guys. I've learned a lot.
Regarding the 4S debate...what's wrong with using a 4 cell pack as long as you just fly more scale? I understand the problem with WOT and over-amping the ESC, but I've got a couple 4S packs I'd like to try to get some flight time in.
Thanks
sdossett is offline Find More Posts by sdossett
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:11 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdossett View Post
what's wrong with using a 4 cell pack as long as you just fly more scale?

Nothing wrong as long as you either prop down and keep the stock esc, or keep the stock prop and get a larger esc...
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:47 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Mar 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
The PKZ Spitfire calls for 10/15 sized retracts, which are good for up to 4.5lbs (http://parkzone.com/Products/Default...rodID=EFLG1000. The Hurricane calls for 15/25 size retracts good for up to 7lbs (http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFLG200). The hurricane is listed around 4.5-4.65lbs flying weight, but she's a lady and ladies are never honest about the weight .
So true lol,in the uk they're still around the 200dollar mark so retracts is more outlay plus all new batteries. Kinda stil deciding or do I wait see what comes next.
megadaz is offline Find More Posts by megadaz
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:53 PM
United States, NJ, Gloucester Township
Joined Jan 2012
136 Posts
Local swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool View Post
I don't begrudge folks picking up a few bucks on a pass through. Hell I'm expecting to have a PNP and BNF by this weekend, and I may sell the PNP at a swap meet the following weekend for what I paid for the BNF and it'll still be a great deal for all concerned. I'm not a flipper but I may have to rein in my impulse buys a bit and swap meet season is perfect for that.
Hey BEF, is that swap meet local in South Jersey next weekend? Thanks.
Buzzcut2239 is online now Find More Posts by Buzzcut2239
Last edited by Buzzcut2239; Feb 01, 2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Sp
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:01 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,617 Posts
Central. Atoms RCers.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1793374
BrownEyedFool is offline Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:20 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by megadaz View Post
Hi guys thinking of getting one of these,can the retracts from the spitfire be adapted for this?
In therory, you could drill out the trunnion and axle to accept the larger 3.5 mm gauge wire (10-15 size accomodates 3 mm gauge).

Better still, acquire a pair of 15-25 trunnions and swap them into the otherwise common body
.... tramjets list them at $9.95 pair:-

http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...roducts_id=672

They also list an aluminium version of the 15-25 trunnion, but it is a different pattern.

Plane Chaos is offline Find More Posts by Plane Chaos
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:03 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
Nothing wrong as long as you either prop down and keep the stock esc, or keep the stock prop and get a larger esc...
Great info!

I maidened the plane at lunch in typical Florida winds and felt the stock lipo + ESC + prop was a tad underpowered to handle those annoying gusts. FYI - stock lipo NOT shoved through the slot balances at the tail end of the CG but was unpleasant to fly. I plan to shifting the CG to the 2.5" to 2.75" range.

I also have torque roll issues but maybe my ailerons are unlevel. I had various trim issues. Or it could be the turbulence over the nearby trees as my other warbird (I fly most jets) has similar torque roll issues.

Landing - smooth and easy - not twitchy like my T28 (too lightly loaded). No flaps needed. Landing gear is solid and I didn't bounce (might next time! LOL).

However if this was my plane immediately after the T28 I'd probably would have crashed it. I can imagine hundreds of pilots buying this after mastering a PZ warbird thinking their skills are good enough. Questionable CG + trim + tad underpowered = not beginner friendly.

Next up - 80A ESC and 4s 3300mah lipos (same as Habu + Carbon Z Yak).
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:26 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post

....... I plan to shifting the CG to the 2.5" to 2.75" range.
The C-of-G should indeed be 2.75" +/- 0.25"

... there should have been an adendum notice to this effect in your box (...main manual is incorrect)
... officially acknowledged by HH some time ago.

It is IMPORTANT that the new influx of folk being attracted to the E-flite Hurri by the various special clearance offfers, be aware of this for their maiden.

It is probably the single-most frequently made point of advice made throughout the pages of this thread.
Plane Chaos is offline Find More Posts by Plane Chaos
Last edited by Plane Chaos; Feb 01, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:41 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Some of you might already do this. When I'm using different batteries in this plane(i use 3200 and 5000 3s) I get the cg right and then mark the inside of the battery bay. I do this for different batteries and I mark a spot for "wind" and move the battery notch a half inch forward. That way once it's marked I never have to balance again unless I buy different batteries.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:24 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Chaos View Post
The C-of-G should indeed be 2.75" +/- 0.25"
Yeah, my manual stated 3.50" to 3.75" (wrong, wrong, wrong) but I saw the addendum on the Eflite website the day I bought the plane. I used 3" CG and still the plane felt tail heavy. Can't imagine the crashes the original one caused.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:43 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2012
1,110 Posts
What prop or esc are people using for 4s's? I was looking at castle 75 ice lite, good or bump to 100? How about 3 blade (never got an answer)?
Loukhan is offline Find More Posts by Loukhan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fleet