Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:27 AM
You haz hurricane?
United States, VA, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
1,240 Posts
I am in the process now of converting mine to the sea hurricane...might need some more paint. With all my buddies flying this, gotta have a little identification.

Coot
Coot83 is offline Find More Posts by Coot83
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:47 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2012
1,088 Posts
Welcome Bradley, Thanks Chaos-great info.
Interested in answer to question posted- what to do to convert to 4s and (someone else's ?)-what 3 blade prop to use?
Loukhan is online now Find More Posts by Loukhan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fleet
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:47 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Isn't it amazing how much this thread jumped once the price was reasonable?
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:53 AM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
Isn't it amazing how much this thread jumped once the price was reasonable?
$129 for BNF is more than reasonable! Didn't know the BNF included flap servos. The lipo + charger are useless to me though.

Comparing it side by side with my Parkzone T28 - it's not much better (maybe 2-3 inches on the wings). Somehow I was expecting this to be a monster...

Overall the foam and build quality is a large notch higher than the T28. Justifies the bigger price but marketing never communicated that.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:22 AM
mondo1948
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2007
1,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
$129 for BNF is more than reasonable! Didn't know the BNF included flap servos. The lipo + charger are useless to me though.

Comparing it side by side with my Parkzone T28 - it's not much better (maybe 2-3 inches on the wings). Somehow I was expecting this to be a monster...

Overall the foam and build quality is a large notch higher than the T28. Justifies the bigger price but marketing never communicated that.
Hi,
Don't forget it also comes with the Spekktrum AR600 receiver installed. Great deal.

If you don't need the battery, just sell it on this forum....you'll get at least $20.00 for it.

Mondo
mondo1948 is offline Find More Posts by mondo1948
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:43 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,606 Posts
I'm not in a hurry on this bird, but do want to be prepared.

Am I right that you only need the pre-bent struts if you are adding the retracts?

Considering this is now discontinued and out of stock, should I be concerned about availability of the pre-bent struts moving forward? If there's going to be an issue on them I'll end up moving my purchase of retracts for it up and get a set or two of the struts. Parts availability moving forward may be an issue.
BrownEyedFool is online now Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:49 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,924 Posts
You do not need the pre-bent struts if you don't mind using a Dremel cut off wheel. It is real easy: slide on the wheels to the stock retract strut and bolt in place in the retracted position, center the wheel in the well and mark the end of the strut with a Sharpie, take the gear out and cut at the mark.

It also helps to put a little flat spot on the strut where the wheel collar set screw is. This permits the wheel from rotating on the strut. I have done many retracts this way, and it works great. Just make sure to get everything straight, or a little toe in. Measure twice . . .
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:51 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,481 Posts
I spoke to HH earlier this week regarding the Scimitar parts and how vertical fins are already out of stock. They said more parts are expected in Feb; I would imagine the Hurricane also has more parts coming, I hope.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:54 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,481 Posts
With the amount of these that got sold in the Atlanta Area, I am considering a paint job as well... but for now I just want to fly it!

@Moonbeam~ What other sources do you use for researching, aside from Google Images?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:59 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,481 Posts
You all wonder why HH was letting these go at rock bottom prices?

To make room for new toys: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1821114
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:04 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,184 Posts
The secret to getting good results in Google is what you type in the search. I have around 80 paint schemes for the Hurricane saved to my PC with back history for about 50% of them. It's actually one of my favorite things about these RC warbirds, finding paint schemes and history behind some of them. Makes you appreciate the model a little more.

Here's a link to one on Ebay that ain't too bad. Shipped to me it would be $215.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-Hawk...74760236?#shId
Moonbeam is online now Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:15 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post

Are you sure you're looking at the right plane? This thing is bigger than the P-47 which is bigger than the T-28, and it flys MUCH better than both combined! It doesn't get knocked around like the T-28, and is much smoother flying than the P-47. Could be because...... wait for it..... it's bigger?
Moonbeam is online now Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:18 PM
You haz hurricane?
United States, VA, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
1,240 Posts
I was shocked when I went on eflite this morning and noticed the new aircraft that had cranked out as well...$1000 glider...granted it is as long as my truck probably.

Anyway I am going to add weathering to it probably tomorrow after I do some experimentation with some paints...Hope these pics can do this bird some justice, beware, the photo quality is not that great.

Coot
Coot83 is offline Find More Posts by Coot83
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:23 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coot83 View Post
I was shocked when I went on eflite this morning and noticed the new aircraft that had cranked out as well...$1000 glider...granted it is as long as my truck probably.

Anyway I am going to add weathering to it probably tomorrow after I do some experimentation with some paints...Hope these pics can do this bird some justice, beware, the photo quality is not that great.

Coot
That turned out awesome.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush