HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:21 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
That's great it's the real deal. I'm still curious how they sell it at that price.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:34 AM
So where does this bit go???
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined May 2011
591 Posts
Yup, how can one supplier sell this for in effect less than half price? (Well UK price anyways)

I've been very interested in this one since it was issued, but at over 200 plus the retracts (HH want 60 in the UK) this was hard to justify.
Especially considering the value offered with the Durafly models issued by Hobby King. I got the P47 and the P51 which are superb models, have retracts already fitted, they fly superbly, and are on sale at a great price.

This offer from the boys in Austria was just too good to miss
Redzed9 is offline Find More Posts by Redzed9
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
I wish I knew about this before I bought it at the hobby shop last week. I would have saved a boatload.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined May 2011
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
I wish I knew about this before I bought it at the hobby shop last week. I would have saved a boatload.
Condolences Badabush, it's all in the timing as they say...
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:35 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzed9 View Post
Yippee, the postman delivered a big box this morning! So the guys at Schweighofer mentioned in previous post did a great job!

129.90Euros delivered including free postage is a great deal, and their service was impressive with a very quick delivery.
*shakes fist* Raaaageeee!

They did a great job with the refund as well, got the money in my paypal account right away! Great service!
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:37 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
If it's of any consolation, I doubt they would be able to ship to US...
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:42 AM
Joined May 2011
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP73 View Post
*shakes fist* Raaaageeee!

They did a great job with the refund as well, got they money in my paypal account right away! Great service!
Hey Badabush & GP73, maybe you could offer a bit towards the postage?? It certainly seems worth it.

Good luck with finding one (each)
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:17 AM
rgthd007 on YouTube
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Mar 2010
425 Posts
[QUOTE=Redzed9;23043581]Yippee, the postman delivered a big box this morning! So the guys at Schweighofer mentioned in previous post did a great job!

129.90Euros delivered including free postage is a great deal, and their service was impressive with a very quick delivery.

This was a great tip. I live in British Columbia, Canada and I just ordered the Hurricane from them. The all in cost including shipping was $163.30 Canadian.

Outstanding! The PNP version sells here for $279.99 Canadian

Thanks for the post! It's one of those deals that you are warned about when a deal seems to good to be true.....

Cheers,

Bob
Oatmeal Savage is offline Find More Posts by Oatmeal Savage
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:20 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmeal Savage View Post

This was a great tip. I live in British Columbia, Canada and I just ordered the Hurricane from them. The all in cost including shipping was $163.30 Canadian.

Outstanding!

Thanks for the post! It's one of those deals that you are warned about when a deal seems to good to be true.....

Cheers,

Bob

They won't ship to Canada, the box is too big for Austria post and courier would be too expensive.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:22 AM
rgthd007 on YouTube
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Mar 2010
425 Posts
Quote:
They won't ship to Canada, the box is too big for Austria post and courier would be too expensive.
I guess we'll have to see. The order went through and I paid by PayPal. They quoted 15 Euros for shipping.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:24 AM
rgthd007 on YouTube
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Mar 2010
425 Posts
Quote:
Did you try to order one?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:24 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
I guess we'll have to see. The order went through and I paid by PayPal. They quoted 15 Euros for shipping.
I guess you don't care to read the messages where I did the same and they cancelled the order and refunded.

Quote:
Did you try to order one?
Yes my fellow Canadian. No cigar.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:28 AM
rgthd007 on YouTube
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Mar 2010
425 Posts
Quote:
I guess you don't care to read the messages where I did the same and they cancelled the order and refunded.

Yes my fellow Canadian. No cigar.
Bummer, so what happens now, they let me know that they won't ship it and refund the money or do I have to chase PayPal? I guess I'll give them a few days before I worry about it just to see what happens.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:45 AM
Joined Jan 2008
68 Posts
I hope you guys get your planes for the prices they are listing. Someone must have hi-jacked a transport carrying the Hurricanes to get prices like that. I purchased mine from Pinnacle hobbies in Markham. They service their customers extremely well. It was priced at $279.00 which is steep but I have not regretted it one bit. I have been very skeptical of the foam planes until I purchased this one. One thing that others may not have mentioned is that with the numerous tip overs in taller runway grass the rudder will seperate as the live foam hinge is quite thin. I removed the rudder and sanded both mating faces and used the fabric and cyano hinges with pins. Also the antenae has taken multiple hits and the base keeps getting glued or Rtv'd in place. Lastly the RTV on the gear door snaps has saved me a number of gear doors. For what its worth.. Tero T in Toronto
21onen is offline Find More Posts by 21onen
Last edited by 21onen; Oct 19, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
I'm waiting for my prebent struts to arrive. I have the normal retract struts. Is there some way to get these to retract without the massive amount of toe in on the wheels?