HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:14 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,769 Posts
Discussion
Donats GEE BEE R3 (hobby lobby R3)

Hello, I have mine on its way to me, Im talking about the 59" big one..

I have read a lot of this bird, it looks fantastic, but Ive read many crached theirs,,, some say it stalls easy and goes into spinn ,, but others says you have to build them light and you will have no problems....

Im a pretty experianced flyer, so Im not worried, but if there is a construction fault in this plane, then I have to do what I can to prevent this fault before flying it,, Im planning on building it as light as I can to acheave the CG @83mm... Probably below 7 pounds..

Ive also read in German forums, here:
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...791-Gee-Bee-R3

thay are talking about the EDW angle between wing ant stab,, some say +1.5 degree and other say -0.5 degrees,,, I dont understand so much, maybee I have to check mine when it arrives,, Should the wing be + angle compared to the stab ?

Maybee some German reading can read the thread, its only 8 pages long, and explain please..

Anyway, I am going to build it , light and fly it, just want to hear something about it before start buidling it..

By the way, its this one I bought:
Hobby Lobby Gee Bee R3 (2 min 43 sec)

Sebbe
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:51 PM
Arlington, TX
Joined Dec 2002
589 Posts
Kind of pretty, I guess, but who got the idea to call this plane scale? Do'nt get me wrong, It does not offend me, and I hope it does not offend you, but I find it interesting. Someone a couple of years ago designs a cartoon(?) scale Gee Bee, and gave it a name. I know several folks that believe it to be actual scale.

Hmmm.
Rocketman209 is offline Find More Posts by Rocketman209
Old Jan 26, 2011, 06:28 PM
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Mar 2010
1,499 Posts
The designer, Mirco Pecorari, refered to this model as a "fantasy scale" ... not scale. He was inspired by the Gee Bee's and took his design cues from them... but he wasn't trying to pass it off as an actual Gee Bee in honor of the actual planes that inspired him.
rdsok is offline Find More Posts by rdsok