HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Eastcoast78, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:03 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,274 Posts
Discussion
New Turigy TX Mitt (Winter is here)

Well recived my New TX mit form HK yesterday.
Its pretty nice. the bottom of the inside is a short nap type felt material .
Ive already got plan too install some fabric on the bottom. Goin too get some of that Shag carpet type material. I may just lay it in or get out the tread and needle.If its a heavy material ,i cant see it moving around much if you cut it 1/2'' bigger then the area of the base. Velcro would work as well.. Hmm Ideas ideas...

When i have the neck strap on and the radio hanging, there is tons of room on the bottom,as the radio come away from the bottom,but not enough for your TX sticks too hit the top.
The hand openings are a perfect size..With a Jacket on, the Cuffs well seal it up nice. To small of hand opening could spell disaster if your toss your plane with your right hand.( Like i do) I did some mock test today .of throwing a plane and trying too get my hand in the hole. Not a Prob at all.I should start throwing the plane with my left hand anyways seeing im left handed... im one of those mixed up people.im a south paw but do most everything with my Right hand. But i can Airbrush/paint/draw till the cows come home.

Bottom is a Pleather material

Inside the hand opening there is a wires frame keeping it keep its shape and Sturdiness

The only one flaw i have is the way it was rolled up in the box, the clear mat was bent and made a small pressure crack on the left side,there is a small hole at the end of the crack. Im just unlucky. Clear tape would fix it.

As of now im giving it a 8 out of 10.
Going too try it tomorrow,to see how well its holds heat form jsut your hands.
Heat packs would be a cheap, ideal solution for the Frigid Northern flights.
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Jan 27, 2011 at 10:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:47 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,114 Posts
Thanks for sharing your impressions, I have not heard any customer testimonials about HKs mitt before I read yours.

If interested, here were my impressions of a similiar mitt called the Raydiowarm:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1352013
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2011, 01:37 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,274 Posts
Cool thanks.
I think i heard of that one.
Ill Check them out.

Mike