HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:20 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,053 Posts
Discussion
HobbyKing website: Cannot remove item from cart

Apparently these people don't want my business. I (accidentally) have a "USA warehouse" item stuck in my shopping cart. They won't let you mix international and USA items on the same order, but they also do NOT have a "remove item" button on their cart screen, so the item is stuck there forever. It won't let me change the quantity to zero. I can't "log out." I tried to clear the cookies, but as soon as I log back in, the cart comes back.

They have ZERO site support.

It's no wonder these people need Americans to do their research and engineering. They have one- or two-digit IQ's. They should consider hiring an American to run their website.

Anybody have any ideas here?
Where can I buy some Nano-Tech 2200mah 25c packs at a good price?
Who actually wants my business?

Thanks in advance...
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:32 PM
Are we having fun yet?
USA, NY, Clarence
Joined Jan 2010
386 Posts
Been there!

To the right of each line item in your cart, there's a picture of a trash can. Click it. Item removed.

I went through the same frustration trying to remove something once. To make sure I remembered correctly, I just logged in after reading your post, added something to my cart and then clicked the trashcan icon there and it was gone.

Hope this helps!

Paul
paullie is offline Find More Posts by paullie
Last edited by paullie; Jan 25, 2011 at 09:33 PM. Reason: clarity?!?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:38 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2007
569 Posts
You can delete your cookies for that website
ToxicBanana is offline Find More Posts by ToxicBanana
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:59 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,053 Posts
Got it. Thanks!
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:46 PM
Joined Mar 2009
368 Posts
zero site support??? tell me of another hobby retailer that has a customer support chat available 14hours a day?
djacobox372 is offline Find More Posts by djacobox372
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:28 AM
Suspended Account
USA, NV, Caliente
Joined Mar 2009
1,163 Posts
It looks to me like they are using the latest technology that monitors my ip address and browsing habits to offer me special deals and suggest products that they think I would buy but may be undecided on.
This is the latest effort from e-retailers to get us to buy more. for a hobby shop to do this to me is like showing beer commercials to an alcoholic; it is entertaining, but not necessary..
crypto666 is offline Find More Posts by crypto666
Old Jan 26, 2011, 06:59 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacobox372 View Post
zero site support??? tell me of another hobby retailer that has a customer support chat available 14hours a day?
Hobby Lobby! I have had soooo much person-to-person contact via phone! I bought a new J5 Cub and had some issues, mostly because of ME, and those folks remember and help! I am so impressed when I get an English speaking person that is willing to listen and help! You asked, I replied. Not a paid endorsement!
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Feb 04, 2011, 09:50 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2007
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacobox372 View Post
I have tried that chat in 5 different events and never got connected to someone.
ToxicBanana is offline Find More Posts by ToxicBanana