HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2011, 08:25 AM
Joined Sep 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capteasy View Post
Thanks buddy...it was the largest and heaviest plane I've flown so far and a pleasure once I got over some of the anxiety.
Capt,

I followed you over here from Watt Flyer where I complimented your bird, again, beautiful detailing! I may have missed it, but was wondering if you could provide a few detail pics of the Battery area mod and other mods you performed. And still waiting on videos! Best of luck on all future sorties!

Michael
Neurothief is offline Find More Posts by Neurothief
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:28 AM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,915 Posts
Hi Michael - Welcome, and thanks for the compliments. I'll be happy to post ome pics of the battery hatch mod and so forth when I get a chance asap.

In the mean, there's tons of info and pics to review on htis plane you might be interested in. There's another thread also that you'd find interesting also..... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1222580

Some helpful blogs sponsored by the guys on both these threads with very helpful tips and advice....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=1491

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=293994

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1335647

Stay in touch -

ce

p.s. still working on video - tried taping a small camera to my cap but couldn't get the angles right
capteasy is online now Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by capteasy; Sep 13, 2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:33 PM
Joined Sep 2011
17 Posts
Capt,

Thanks for the info, I've been going through those forums intently. So now a conundrum has presented itself. I found someone selling the 800mm version on craigslist. They were asking 100, indicating the bird had flown twice, no crash. I told them it was 99.95 new, and while I was interested in the larger version I might be willing to give them 65 for the plane. They accepted the offer (it's the RTF version, with everything). So now I'm thinking since I have been on Heli's for a while and haven't piloted a plane for a bit that $65 for the smaller plane would not be a bad investment if just to re-sharpen my wings a bit. This will put off the purchase of the larger bird on hold possibly till the holidays...All of this sounds like pretty sound thinking to me, but I may be too close to the situation...any advice? Anyone else care to chime in here?

Thanks,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by capteasy View Post
Hi Michael - Welcome, and thanks for the compliments. I'll be happy to post ome pics of the battery hatch mod and so forth when I get a chance asap.

In the mean, there's tons of info and pics to review on htis plane you might be interested in. There's another thread also that you'd find interesting also..... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1222580

Some helpful blogs sponsored by the guys on both these threads with very helpful tips and advice....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=1491

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=293994

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1335647

Stay in touch -

ce

p.s. still working on video - tried taping a small camera to my cap but couldn't get the angles right
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:49 PM
Rc, rc, and more RC
Joined Jul 2011
41 Posts
It's so beautiful...

AirField RC F4U Corsair, Powered by Hobbypartz (1 min 29 sec)
RaidenTech is offline Find More Posts by RaidenTech
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:53 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,924 Posts
At $65, It shouldn't set you back too long.... It's a cheap investment if you haven't flown for a while. My 1st plane in 15 years was a PZ P47, and if that little corsair flies nearly as well, you won't regret the purchase. Just my .02c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurothief View Post
Capt,

Thanks for the info, I've been going through those forums intently. So now a conundrum has presented itself. I found someone selling the 800mm version on craigslist. They were asking 100, indicating the bird had flown twice, no crash. I told them it was 99.95 new, and while I was interested in the larger version I might be willing to give them 65 for the plane. They accepted the offer (it's the RTF version, with everything). So now I'm thinking since I have been on Heli's for a while and haven't piloted a plane for a bit that $65 for the smaller plane would not be a bad investment if just to re-sharpen my wings a bit. This will put off the purchase of the larger bird on hold possibly till the holidays...All of this sounds like pretty sound thinking to me, but I may be too close to the situation...any advice? Anyone else care to chime in here?

Thanks,
Michael
Mitchie is online now Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:55 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,924 Posts
Gorgeous! Can't wait to see it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenTech View Post
Old Sep 13, 2011, 08:20 PM
Rc, rc, and more RC
Joined Jul 2011
41 Posts
This may be a repost, but just for you Mitchie:

New Airfield 1430MM F4U Corsair 2.4Ghz Brushless Warbird w/ Retracts Review (9 min 29 sec)
RaidenTech is offline Find More Posts by RaidenTech
Old Sep 13, 2011, 08:38 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,915 Posts
Quote:
Capt,

Thanks,
Michael
Michael, I aggree with Mitchie in that it sounds like you may have a good opportunity to refresh some skills for min investment. Take advantage of it and when you're comfortable go for it....but stick around and let us know how it's going.
Best,
ce
capteasy is online now Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:47 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,924 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention michael, I get it when you're done!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:57 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,924 Posts
I don't know how many times I've watched that video, but it's lots.... and just watched it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenTech View Post
This may be a repost, but just for you Mitchie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cSHr...el_video_title
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:33 PM
Joined Sep 2011
17 Posts
Mitchie,

Sure, but it may not be quite flight ready when I'm done with it..lol. That and you'll need to pick it up localy. Joking aside, when that time comes, we'll talk.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention michael, I get it when you're done!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:34 PM
Joined Sep 2011
17 Posts
Correction, pick up what's left of it...

Quote:
Mitchie,

Sure, but it may not be quite flight ready when I'm done with it..lol. That and you'll need to pick it up localy. Joking aside, when that time comes, we'll talk.

Michael
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:57 PM
Fly it like ya stole it!
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Apr 2011
110 Posts
Quote:
Correction, pick up what's left of it...
The 800mm isn't a bad little bird. It's seems a little on the slow side(to me anyway) which may be a good thing for a skill tuneup. Watch out on the landing. Come in a little hot as she likes to tipstall.
4x4nut is offline Find More Posts by 4x4nut
Old Sep 14, 2011, 06:53 AM
Joined Sep 2011
17 Posts
4x4, Thanks for the tips! I've been trying to decide between removing the gear or not. From everything I've read over on the thread related to this bird they seem to be a lot easier to belly land, as they will often tail over on the wheels. Inversely though they seem to be much easier to get in the air from the ground vs a hand launch. Maybe I should try to come up with a mod that drops the wheels just after TO...best of both worlds there...

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4nut View Post
The 800mm isn't a bad little bird. It's seems a little on the slow side(to me anyway) which may be a good thing for a skill tuneup. Watch out on the landing. Come in a little hot as she likes to tipstall.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 01:53 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
2nd Poll for the next FMS warbirds is up and running.

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot