HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SoloProFan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:52 PM
Joined Feb 2011
8 Posts
ben je trouwens nederlands?
GuusBots is offline Find More Posts by GuusBots
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2011, 03:04 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuusBots View Post
SoloPro, you are right, they are both broken, thanks very much for the help. You are the best!
Quote:
ben je trouwens nederlands?

Glad to be able to help, and that you found the cause of your problem. I added one of your pictures to the FAQ, to show how broken blade pivots might look like. I trust you don't mind using that pic, right?

En ik ben inderdaad nederlands.

(translation, GuusBots asked if I was Dutch, and I confirmed that)
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Last edited by SoloProFan; Feb 27, 2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 03:43 PM
Joined Feb 2011
8 Posts
No problem mate, thanks for the help!
Old Mar 01, 2011, 04:44 AM
Joined Jul 2009
56 Posts
great mini heli, i think this nine eagles model is resemble with the hughes heli
rcairplanes is offline Find More Posts by rcairplanes
Old Mar 01, 2011, 06:03 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcairplanes View Post
great mini heli, i think this nine eagles model is resemble with the hughes heli
The Bravo III has a Hughes 500 fuselage, if that is what you mean...
Old Mar 02, 2011, 11:06 AM
Joined Feb 2011
8 Posts
Hey SoloPro,

As you might remember i had 2 broken blade pivots for the lower blades of my Bravo III. I replaced the thing on the axel which has the pivots on it. Now i have the same problem as before, i can get it to hover steady without much trim but now it hardly goes forward and hardly banks left. Flying backwards goes fine and rotating goes fine and banking to the right goes fine. But flying forward and banking left is problematic. Do you have some tips for me on how to fix this?
Old Mar 02, 2011, 12:55 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,916 Posts
Quote:
Hey SoloPro,

As you might remember i had 2 broken blade pivots for the lower blades of my Bravo III. I replaced the thing on the axel which has the pivots on it. Now i have the same problem as before, i can get it to hover steady without much trim but now it hardly goes forward and hardly banks left. Flying backwards goes fine and rotating goes fine and banking to the right goes fine. But flying forward and banking left is problematic. Do you have some tips for me on how to fix this?
Trims are centered when in steady hover? If not, try to get them to center by using subtrim. Also observe if the servos move an equal amount in both direction and what happens when you give forward elevator or left bank/roll when the heli is on the ground.
Old Mar 02, 2011, 02:13 PM
Joined Feb 2011
8 Posts
Yeah, i trimmed the helicopter in subtrim mode (i find that easier) and made some little adjustments in normal mode. The weird thing is that the servos seem to move an equal amount when the helicopter is idle. I really have no idea why it is behaving so strange..
Old Mar 02, 2011, 02:55 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,916 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, i trimmed the helicopter in subtrim mode (i find that easier) and made some little adjustments in normal mode. The weird thing is that the servos seem to move an equal amount when the helicopter is idle. I really have no idea why it is behaving so strange..
Sure there is not too much play on the bottom shaft? There is a small plastic collar that holds the shaft in place, but it's very easy to over tighten the screw in that collar, and cause it to split near the screw hole. The collar then can slide a little on the shaft, and the shaft itself as well. Banking left and forward elevator will pull down on the swash plate. When there is too much play on the shaft, in the air the shaft will slide up a little, and when you then apply forward elevator, the first part of the servo travel will be used to slide the shaft down, leaving little travel left to move the blades.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Mar 02, 2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 06:50 AM
Joined Feb 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Sure there is not too much play on the bottom shaft? There is a small plastic collar that holds the shaft in place, but it's very easy to over tighten the screw in that collar, and cause it to split near the screw hole. The collar then can slide a little on the shaft, and the shaft itself as well. Banking left and forward elevator will pull down on the swash plate. When there is too much play on the shaft, in the air the shaft will slide up a little, and when you then apply forward elevator, the first part of the servo travel will be used to slide the shaft down, leaving little travel left to move the blades.
I'm pretty sure that the collar is screwed on in the right way, i checked for play with the inner and outer shaft and i can't find any play on them. I trimmed it again in subtrim mode, holding the helicopter in my hand and applying throttle and looking at the swash plate and trimming until that was horizontal. Then it flew like it should do, until i crashed and now it is back to flying weird..
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:54 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,916 Posts
I'd say, post a couple of pictures again, maybe we can spot what is wrong for the second time.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 02:29 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Upgrading 210A with 312A Bravo III motors

Is it possible to upgrade 210A motors with 312A Bravo III motors?
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Mar 06, 2011, 12:27 PM
Denver, CO
Joined May 2010
60 Posts
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that the collar is screwed on in the right way, i checked for play with the inner and outer shaft and i can't find any play on them. I trimmed it again in subtrim mode, holding the helicopter in my hand and applying throttle and looking at the swash plate and trimming until that was horizontal. Then it flew like it should do, until i crashed and now it is back to flying weird..
I know this is a basic question, but do you have the tx in standard mode or advanced? In standard mode, mine will barely move forward but will go backwards pretty fast, like you said yours is doing. Switching to advanced mode solves that for me.
bechtelfriend is offline Find More Posts by bechtelfriend
Old Mar 06, 2011, 04:54 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
210A Elevator servo problem

My 210A will get stuck in forward flight and I can't get it to return back to a hover or fly backwards.

The elevator servo will move for forward input but won't return back to its middle position or move for backward input.

There are no physical jams or binding. I tried sub trim, end of point adj for backward endpoint, mode 2, mode1.

Nothing seems to work. Is there a way to reset the trims and EPA to factory defaults?
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Last edited by Brosol; Mar 06, 2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old Mar 08, 2011, 11:37 AM
Joined Dec 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laarj View Post
I've logged 20 flights or so on my Bravo III and have a couple of questions.

After addressing the obvious issues, I checked out the controls and all seemed to work ok. I then ran up the throttle and noticed that the inner shaft gear was out of round by a large margin. On low throttle, there was a very noticeable vibration. Prior to taking the Bravo III apart, I noticed a tail vibration when hovering. This was there from day one so it wasn't from my landing skills. I took the gear and inner shaft out and found that the gear/locking collar assembly was out of round. Has anyone seen this?
Update on gear issue...

Received a replacement inner shaft gear and collar. The original gear was definitely out of round. The collar was fine. The vibration is gone and the Bravo III flys great.

Kudos to ClubHeli for their fast service....
laarj is offline Find More Posts by laarj