SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SoloProFan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 02:41 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caunyd View Post
Hi guys, I just ordered a Bravo III, and I am looking to order parts and batteries for it. Hobby King has parts and batteries for Solo Pro FP II, but not for the Bravo III. Will the parts for Solo Pro FP II fit a Bravo III? I listed the link below. Thanks.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idCategory=359
There are few parts of the Solo Pro that will fit. The batteries can be used, but very little else. But parts of the Nine Eagles Twingo will, like the inner shaft for instance, and the flybar...: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12027
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2011, 03:54 PM
USA, NC, Concord
Joined Dec 2010
15 Posts
I rechecked the shaft lengths and there is a slight difference, the mcx shaft is probably 1 mm (.040) shorter than the Bravo III shaft; that being said, however, the mcx shaft worked perfectly in my Bravo III, and the screw in the locking collar lined up with the flat just fine. I suppose it's possible that tolerance variations might dictate that the shaft would be too short in certain helis. The flat on the end of the mcx shaft could be extended all the way to the end if necessary, with a little judicious filing. Or one could sand or file a little off the top of the plastic bushing at the top of the outer shaft. Lotsa ways to skin a cat....

Appears to me that the weak point in the mcx blade assembly is the little balls on the blades for the link to the flybar...I broke one off already and had to swap the flybar 180* so I could hook up to the ball on the other blade...when that one breaks off, it'll be back to the LHS for another set of blades. Like I said, my little flying area has a LOT of obstacles!

Dave
magna99 is offline Find More Posts by magna99
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:28 PM
Joined Mar 2009
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
There are few parts of the Solo Pro that will fit. The batteries can be used, but very little else. But parts of the Nine Eagles Twingo will, like the inner shaft for instance, and the flybar...: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12027
So, will this battery from the Solo Pro II fit the Bravo III without any modifications/soldering? Thanks.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11003
caunyd is offline Find More Posts by caunyd
Old Feb 22, 2011, 08:34 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caunyd View Post
So, will this battery from the Solo Pro II fit the Bravo III without any modifications/soldering? Thanks.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11003
I have a dozen of those and the the cheaper OEM's version that I use with all my NE sub micro coaxials, they just need very minor filing of the plastic cap to use with the coaxials, in fact, once modified, you can still use them with the FP birds, I use them with all of my NE sub micros.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14730
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:51 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
I have a dozen of those and the the cheaper OEM's version that I use with all my NE sub micro coaxials, they just need very minor filing of the plastic cap to use with the coaxials, in fact, once modified, you can still use them with the FP birds, I use them with all of my NE sub micros.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14730
+1 on the OEM version. It can handle the FP heli's higher current draw much better than the "genuine" stock battery, so these are more than capable of powering the Bravo III. They also last many cycles, I have one well over 100 now. And to get a little less jumpy throttle response you might consider getting some of the 150 mAh OEMs as well. The 120s have more "punch" but the 150s give more time in the air.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2011, 04:42 AM
United States, SC, Beaufort
Joined Apr 2006
17 Posts
Magna99,
All great ideas which I had contemplated but not yet had the time to implement. I'm currently deployed so my "free time" is limited. The biggest problem I was having was with the collar, getting it firmly attached to the bottom of the innershaft due to the "slight" length difference. With more judicious use of time, I'm sure I can make it work. I already stripped out one collar, but Thanks to Helipal, I got 4 in the mail 5 days after ordering. That is frigain outstanding turn around....as I am in Afghanistan. I'm still waiting on Hobbyking to get me my fuselage and batteries, mind you I ordered them over 6 weeks ago. I'm convinced I will not be shopping with them in the future. Received my Miracle-Mart parts about a week ago, they aren't much better...a smooth 5 weeks from order to delivery.
mrw3685 is offline Find More Posts by mrw3685
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:25 PM
USA, NC, Concord
Joined Dec 2010
15 Posts
mrw3685, I hear and understand, and while it's a b***h you're over there, I sure appreciate that! You and all the other guys and gals serving our country have our support and heartfelt good wishes.

Dave
magna99 is offline Find More Posts by magna99
Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:55 AM
Joined Dec 2010
25 Posts
I've logged 20 flights or so on my Bravo III and have a couple of questions.

Last flight of the day I had a rough landing and knocked something out of alignment. I took the fuselage off (canopy was glued at 2 spots) and saw that I had a RX-05 rx (12-29-09 date code). Assume that this was one of the first runs? Any known issues with this rx? Rx does have the skid battery connector. The skid (blue) is one of the good ones as it survived several hard landings with no breaks.

Next item of interest was one of the rx antenna wires was routed through the swash pin guide and on full right aileron (full rate mode) the swash pin would bind against the antenna wire. Easy to fix by re-routing.

Also noticed excessive play in one of the servos as mentioned by others.

After addressing the obvious issues, I checked out the controls and all seemed to work ok. I then ran up the throttle and noticed that the inner shaft gear was out of round by a large margin. On low throttle, there was a very noticeable vibration. Prior to taking the Bravo III apart, I noticed a tail vibration when hovering. This was there from day one so it wasn't from my landing skills. I took the gear and inner shaft out and found that the gear/locking collar assembly was out of round. Has anyone seen this?
laarj is offline Find More Posts by laarj
Old Feb 26, 2011, 02:30 PM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laarj View Post
I took the gear and inner shaft out and found that the gear/locking collar assembly was out of round. Has anyone seen this?
I don't have mine torn down at the present time but from what I recall the gear collar is not fully round. It is designd with a flat area on one side. You have to line the flat side up propelry when putting it back together.
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Feb 26, 2011, 03:33 PM
Joined Dec 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravel View Post
I don't have mine torn down at the present time but from what I recall the gear collar is not fully round. It is designd with a flat area on one side. You have to line the flat side up propelry when putting it back together.
I did check and the collar is properly inserted. Not sure if the collar or the plastic gear is the problem. I would think the plastic would have more of a variance then the metal collar. The outer shaft gear is fine. I may order another gear/collar and see if that resolves it.
laarj is offline Find More Posts by laarj
Old Feb 27, 2011, 08:26 AM
Joined Feb 2011
8 Posts
SoloPro, I am having problems with my Bravo III, when i push back on the transmitter it banks to the left and i need to trim it maximally in sub trim mode to keep it stable. As a result of that it goes forward very very slowly and doesn't go backwards at all. I recalibrated the transmitter, checked if the canopy is in the right position and it all checked out. What to do?
GuusBots is offline Find More Posts by GuusBots
Old Feb 27, 2011, 09:31 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuusBots View Post
SoloPro, I am having problems with my Bravo III, when i push back on the transmitter it banks to the left and i need to trim it maximally in sub trim mode to keep it stable. As a result of that it goes forward very very slowly and doesn't go backwards at all. I recalibrated the transmitter, checked if the canopy is in the right position and it all checked out. What to do?
Sounds a bit like the pin on the back of the swash plate might have jumped out off the guide. Pushing back on the elevator stick should not affect roll control, so it's not strange you can't trim it well. Other thing to check is if the swash plate hasn't seperated a little. If you could make some sharp close up pictures that might help in troubleshooting.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:11 AM
Joined Feb 2011
8 Posts
Thanks for your quick response SoloPro, i checked your suggestions and they al seemed to check out. I added some photo's, i hope they are sharp enough and if you need more just let me know. When i try to hover it banks, i adjust it with the trim to maximum, and because of that i can barely move the helicopter.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:00 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuusBots View Post
Thanks for your quick response SoloPro, i checked your suggestions and they al seemed to check out. I added some photo's, i hope they are sharp enough and if you need more just let me know. When i try to hover it banks, i adjust it with the trim to maximum, and because of that i can barely move the helicopter.
Looks like your bottom blades are not level. I think one of the blade pivots is broken. Can you check for that?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:30 PM
Joined Feb 2011
8 Posts
SoloPro, you are right, they are both broken, thanks very much for the help. You are the best!