HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SoloProFan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:06 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malden86 View Post
Has anybody had any luck finding someone who has the Bravo III inner shaft in stock? The tabs that go into the blades broke off and are stuck in the blades. Any help would be appreciated.
Or you could use the mCX one, although you will have to replace the blades as well, if I recall it well enough.

If you use the mCX parts, you indeed need the mCX top blades and flybar as well. Or get the Twingo one. Added that to the FAQ btw.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:36 PM
San Antonio, TX.
Joined Feb 2009
623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravel View Post
Twingo & bravo III use the same inner shaft
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12029
Thanks jtravel, already ordered a couple.
malden86 is offline Find More Posts by malden86
Old Feb 15, 2011, 03:43 PM
Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
It should keep moving forward. Not lightning fast, but it should not stop on it's own. Do you have excessive play on the servos? Any crashes? How does it fly backwards? Much faster or also slow?
No serious crashes. Servos seem OK. It is faster backwards.
bricol45 is offline Find More Posts by bricol45
Old Feb 15, 2011, 04:07 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricol45 View Post
No serious crashes. Servos seem OK. It is faster backwards.
Much faster? What is the position of your elevator trim? Centered or a little far from the center?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2011, 09:05 PM
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Much faster? What is the position of your elevator trim? Centered or a little far from the center?
A bit faster. It still levels out in reverse. It's as if there's not enough travel to maintain attitude. Elevator trim is a couple of clicks forward, i.e. down
Old Feb 16, 2011, 01:45 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,177 Posts
Quote:
A bit faster. It still levels out in reverse. It's as if there's not enough travel to maintain attitude. Elevator trim is a couple of clicks forward, i.e. down
Sounds a bit like the blade pivots on the lower shaft might have sheared off. Or swash plate came apart. Can you see the servos move? How far does the elevator servo travel down on full forward?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:45 AM
Nederland, Noord-Holland, Krommenie
Joined Nov 2010
419 Posts
Does anybody know how to remove the outer shaft? I want to replace my swash plate. Any suggestions welcome!
Quagga is offline Find More Posts by Quagga
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:06 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagga View Post
Does anybody know how to remove the outer shaft? I want to replace my swash plate. Any suggestions welcome!
Remove the gears. Pull out the inner shaft. Unsnap links between swash and lower blades. Pull the outer shaft up. It may be held securely in place by the ball bearings, just carefully edge it out. Unsnap the control rods from the swash, and there you are. You could leave the inner shaft in place, but it's easily damaged, so I would take the extra time to remove it first.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:36 PM
Nederland, Noord-Holland, Krommenie
Joined Nov 2010
419 Posts
Thanks SoloPro! frieslander just walked me through the same steps. It is scary to apply force if you're unsure...
Quagga is offline Find More Posts by Quagga
Old Feb 17, 2011, 05:50 PM
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Sounds a bit like the blade pivots on the lower shaft might have sheared off. Or swash plate came apart. Can you see the servos move? How far does the elevator servo travel down on full forward?
Pivots are OK, Swash is OK. servo travel ~3mm
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:05 AM
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Pivots are OK, Swash is OK. servo travel ~3mm
I'm going nuts trying to analyse this, but here goes![*]I need forward trim just to hover[*]There's more reverse than forward motion available[*]There's more left than right aileron
It looks a if the servos aren't centred and are biased in one direction over the other. Is this possible? Is it adjustable?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 01:38 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,177 Posts
Quote:
I'm going nuts trying to analyse this, but here goes![*]I need forward trim just to hover[*]There's more reverse than forward motion available[*]There's more left than right aileron
It looks a if the servos aren't centred and are biased in one direction over the other. Is this possible? Is it adjustable?
You should use subtrim to center the servos, and then adjust the pushrods to make it hover with sticks centered.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2011, 04:28 PM
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
You should use subtrim to center the servos, and then adjust the pushrods to make it hover with sticks centered.
How do I use "sub trim" mode? You mention elsewhere pressing a little button on the back of the Tx. There are no little buttons on the back of my Bravo III Tx.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 08:01 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,360 Posts
Quote:
How do I use "sub trim" mode? You mention elsewhere pressing a little button on the back of the Tx. There are no little buttons on the back of my Bravo III Tx.
You have to undo the antenna screws and flip it up to get at it. The switch is under the antenna.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Feb 18, 2011, 09:23 PM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
1,948 Posts
Quote:

Turn your TX over.
See the two empty screw holes, Look between them and you will see the round button.
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel