HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SoloProFan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:37 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sstuff View Post
Your Solo bros looking good. I was thinking of doing the same but in red .

My draco fuselage is in pieces. I think the solo tail looks more durable. Waiting on my order to be shipped(solo v tail boom in red).

Tried the solo pro a few times, but its very twitchy even on the slow mode. Was able to hover and go forward and backwards. Draco feels kind of less challenging after flying solo pro . This hobby is addictive.
Quote:
This is what i was talking about...
I have seen that canopy once before but I've never seen it for sale, nor installed on a 210a - nice canopy, though.

The Solo Pro flys like most fixed pitch helis, although the controls are somewhat sensitive. When you switch to any fixed pitch you have to start with small, gentle movements. If possible take it outside over grass to gain some confidence. Once you get a handle on it your coax will mostly stay on the shelf.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
Hey g,
What coax? only flying the solo pro now. Still waiting for the tail boom on solo.
I removed the flybar and rotor blades on solopro, looks like the innershaft is made of carbon fibre and its disintegrating at the point where the little screws hold the shaft. Is it normal?
Cheers
Sstuff
Sstuff is offline Find More Posts by Sstuff
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:58 AM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Hey g,
What coax? only flying the solo pro now. Still waiting for the tail boom on solo.
I removed the flybar and rotor blades on solopro, looks like the innershaft is made of carbon fibre and its disintegrating at the point where the little screws hold the shaft. Is it normal?
Cheers
Sstuff
Yes that is typical crash damage on the SP. A little bit of deterioration should be ok, though. Still it is best to keep a spare around.

Metal shafts are available but they do add extra weight.

regards . . . g
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:36 AM
Callsign blocked
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2008
223 Posts
I don't see the port on my bravo III heli to plug this USB charger.
Brickyard is offline Find More Posts by Brickyard
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:42 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickyard View Post
I don't see the port on my bravo III heli to plug this USB charger.
Nine Eagles standard package does not include the charger (only deluxe package has it).

I think you need one of these standard NE chargers.

regards . . . g
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:21 PM
Callsign blocked
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2008
223 Posts
I agree sir. For some reason, my kit had a USB charger included.
Thank you, Jay
Brickyard is offline Find More Posts by Brickyard
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:20 PM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Jan 2013
72 Posts
Bravo SX Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by malden86 View Post
What a great post SoloPro, thanks for all your hard work. I got my Bravo III earlier in the week and I already broke a piece on one of my landing skids, I haven't crashed yet but had a rough landing. Does anyone sell upgraded skids or replacement skids?
Hi,

Can anyone help? Recently got an SX. When I plugged battery in w/ the TX on and w/ the left stick down, it suddenly powered up. After I unplugged the battery and restarted it, the red board light wouldn't go on , only the led lights. Didn't smell anything burnt. Thanks.
multiflyer2 is offline Find More Posts by multiflyer2
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:46 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,529 Posts
Better chance on getting an answer here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post24396777

Just the somehow that thread got unstickied...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2013, 03:17 AM
jclassic1
New Houghton, Derbyshire, UK
Joined May 2006
1,383 Posts
I know this thread is old but I could do with a bit of advice from people that know more than me.I have bought a Merlin Tracer 80 which I believe is a Bravo111 re badged.It has a habit of spinning to the left even with full right trim which makes it no fun to fly.I can hold the tail straight with the stick but as soon as I release it it starts spinning again.I don,t think it is a motor problem more like the transmitter needs resetting as in Q1 in the help guide.I bought the Merlin second hand and with it I got another complete Tracer 80 but this one also has a major problem.When I switch on the power to the heli the blades start spinning without any input from the transmitter and it will not bind to the transmitter.The red led glows but does not flash on and off as if looking for a signal.I have tried it with the motors disconnected but it is the same.It will make a good source of spares for the other one but it would be nice to get it sorted.It will probably need a new 5in1 but someone might have had a similar problem and got it sorted.

Any help will be gratefully received.

John
jclassic1 is offline Find More Posts by jclassic1
Old Dec 30, 2013, 08:09 AM
Romania, TM, Timișoara
Joined Dec 2013
3 Posts
Hi guys!
I just bought a Merlin Tracer 90, which is a Solo Pro v2 I guess... I want to buy her one more battery, and the question is: Does the Bravo III battery fit in my girlfriend? Or I have to buy the Solo Pro one, which is a bit more expensive in my country and out of stock...
Thanks a lot!
TheMihai is offline Find More Posts by TheMihai
Old Dec 31, 2013, 03:03 AM
jclassic1
New Houghton, Derbyshire, UK
Joined May 2006
1,383 Posts
I bought a bravo 3 battery for my tracer 80 and had to trim the plastic a little to make it fit..

John
jclassic1 is offline Find More Posts by jclassic1
Old Jan 02, 2014, 07:59 AM
Romania, TM, Timișoara
Joined Dec 2013
3 Posts
Ok, thanks a lot, I'll just buy the bravo battery, it is cheaper and I don't think trimming some plastic is such a big deal...
Thanks again for your reply, and have a happy new year!
TheMihai is offline Find More Posts by TheMihai