HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SoloProFan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:41 AM
Joined Jan 2005
3 Posts
This might be the place.

I just bought a Bravo III. Flew it at the LHS with no problems. Took it out in the garage today and as soon as I turn the onswitch on the Rx the motors/rotors start turning. The Rx doesnt arm. It doesn't matter if the Tx is on or off. I tried to bind to no avial. Any suggestions?
Skeeno is offline Find More Posts by Skeeno
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:54 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,600 Posts
Odd. Battery fully charged. Perhaps there is some other 2,4 GHz transmitter active, causing interference?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Jan 2005
3 Posts
Hobbico thought it was odd also. They are sending a new Rx board, so hopefully that will take care of the issue and I'll be in the air soon.
Skeeno is offline Find More Posts by Skeeno
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:29 PM
Raleigh Rookie
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Tail rotor?

Hi guys,

Raw rookie, first ever post!

Bought the Bravo III because my 5 year old "convinced" me that we needed it. Didn't need much convincing to be honest, I was reaching for it at the LHS before he insisted that we needed it.

Anyway, took it home, had a lot of fun flying it around. As you can imagine we had our rookie bumps and crashs but all in all were doing quite well... until the lamp got in the way. Not sure where it came from -- I think it must have leapt in front of the helicopter

Anyway, damage galore. One of the landing skids completely ripped off and, what's worse (I think) the tail rotor fell off. [It was a big lamp]. Seems to me that the rotor should snap back on to the tail, but the hole appears to small for the "bump" that the rotor snaps on to. Does that make sense? Do I need to buy a whole new fuselage?

I'm going to attempt to post the picture of the damage below. Thanks for helping a newbie guys!

Gordon
Raleigh Rookie is offline Find More Posts by Raleigh Rookie
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:16 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
The Bravo III is a coax and that tail rotor is decorative so nbd.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:15 AM
Raleigh Rookie
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Terrific thanks!

Thanks for your reply! I suppose I'll just super glue the tail rotor on to keep my very concerned five year old (and me to a certain extent as well) satisified and content

Onward and upward!
Raleigh Rookie is offline Find More Posts by Raleigh Rookie
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
Solo tail boom on draco. Is it possible?

Hello guys,

Thanks for all the wealth of information on this forum. Without it i would be impossible for anyone to figure out this hobby.

Would some of the coax gurus help me with my issue?
I have a ne draco. Broke the tail part of the fuselage in 2 days. Where i live parts are hard to come by. Could i change the tail part of fuselage and replace it with the tail boom of solo or free spirit or flash? I could buy parts for solo/flash/free spirit. I could also change the canopy to solo if possible.

I also have a solo pro. Waiting for my skills to mature before i take it out .

Thanks for the help.
Sstuff
Sstuff is offline Find More Posts by Sstuff
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sstuff View Post
Hello guys,

Thanks for all the wealth of information on this forum. Without it i would be impossible for anyone to figure out this hobby.

Would some of the coax gurus help me with my issue?
I have a ne draco. Broke the tail part of the fuselage in 2 days. Where i live parts are hard to come by. Could i change the tail part of fuselage and replace it with the tail boom of solo or free spirit or flash? I could buy parts for solo/flash/free spirit. I could also change the canopy to solo if possible.

I also have a solo pro. Waiting for my skills to mature before i take it out .

Thanks for the help.
Sstuff
I put a Draco fuse set on my Solo. They are interchangeable with the canopy and tailboom. The front half is the same as the Solo canopy.

The Draco canopy can be used by itself along with the stick tailboom to convert your Draco into a Solo.

Are you also breaking flybars? If so, you can do the Bravo III flybar conversion for much better durability.

regards . . . g
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
Thanks g

Thanks G. I havent broken anything other than the tail. crashed it like 20 times. The flybar broke loose a few times, but i was able to snap it back on with no issues.

The LHS guy showed me the 2 demo helis he had (draco and mcx2), both were broken in the same spot as mine. Its where the tail fin starts. Looks like its a weak spot. He suggested that i use some super glue. It worked. Im flying it with the glue fix now, seems to be holding well.

Thanks for the help. Will order just the tail boom for now.

Cheers
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:00 AM
North Carolina
Joined Oct 2005
88 Posts
Question on Bravo III

Just received Bravo III from wow hobbies. When throttle is advanced lower rotor does not spin up until 60 percent throttle and heli just spins in circle. Tx calibrated ok. Is there a proportional adj on receiver board or is this a defective board? Have not taken apart for a look/see as still new and don't want to void warranty. Also continues to spin in circles under full throttle. Bad motor?
360 is offline Find More Posts by 360
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 View Post
Just received Bravo III from wow hobbies. When throttle is advanced lower rotor does not spin up until 60 percent throttle and heli just spins in circle. Tx calibrated ok. Is there a proportional adj on receiver board or is this a defective board? Have not taken apart for a look/see as still new and don't want to void warranty. Also continues to spin in circles under full throttle. Bad motor?
Sounds like your upper gear is loose on the shaft.

Use something like a small screwdriver to carefully press against the upper gear from below. Then try to turn the lower blades. If they turn, you need to access and tighten the gear. It's pretty straight forward. Repairing/adjusting/tweaking is all part of flying.

I am not sure what you mean by 'tx calibrated ok'?

regards . . . g
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
Hello g,

Have you heard of solo pro 210? I saw it in a hobby shop?
It looks like a solo (red), but says solopro 210 on canopy.

Cheers
Sstuff
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sstuff View Post
Hello g,

Have you heard of solo pro 210? I saw it in a hobby shop?
It looks like a solo (red), but says solopro 210 on canopy.

Cheers
Sstuff
That's a new one to me.

But - you can very easily put a Solo 210a canopy on a Solo Pro. It fits right on and because of the slope, it virtually eliminate canopy strikes on agressive maneuvers.

regards . . . g

I call these my Solo Bros, a 210a and 260a with Flash canopies, sitting on my full size NE-24tx:
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:20 AM
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
Your Solo bros looking good. I was thinking of doing the same but in red .

My draco fuselage is in pieces. I think the solo tail looks more durable. Waiting on my order to be shipped(solo v tail boom in red).

Tried the solo pro a few times, but its very twitchy even on the slow mode. Was able to hover and go forward and backwards. Draco feels kind of less challenging after flying solo pro . This hobby is addictive.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:28 AM
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
This is what i was talking about...