HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SoloProFan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 04:22 PM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
581 Posts
skids a so flimsy on this very fun heli.2nd set done.going to order the bravo skids and 500 body.AUW on the 2 is a tenth of a gram different.for now using the skids off the Toy Black spider that no longer flies.
these actually made it more stable flying forward .Im haveing too much fun

it looks better in the air
crtaylor is offline Find More Posts by crtaylor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:44 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,081 Posts
Nice job. And a little heavier skids won't hurt, the Solo is stock a little lightweight, and adding some does improve handling. Until I shelved it for a while, I only flew with the Hobby King 150 mAh battery, not because I needed the extra power for longer flights, but because the added weight improved handling in fast turns.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:50 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crtaylor View Post
skids a so flimsy on this very fun heli.2nd set done.going to order the bravo skids and 500 body.AUW on the 2 is a tenth of a gram different.for now using the skids off the Toy Black spider that no longer flies.
these actually made it more stable flying forward .Im haveing too much fun

it looks better in the air
I have a Solo 210a which is the same as your Proto.

I have been lucky and never broken any skids. NE seems to have some quality variations with these. My Solo Pro has also never broken a skid but many report theirs are easily broken.

If you want an inexpensive scale body, check out the Draco kit over at Clubheli. It comes in two colors and is an easy fit: Pull out your tail boom, add the tail piece, and then the canopy. You also need some Solo Pro donut style canopy mounts.

You can see my Solo/Draco back on post #347.

regards . . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:36 PM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,328 Posts
where?

looking for suppliers of nine eagles in canada: any link?
thanks
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:53 AM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
581 Posts
will a NE heli Bind to the revell radio?
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:44 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crtaylor View Post
will a NE heli Bind to the revell radio?
It will. Taken from the first posting in this thread, which contains all verified information:

Q 10: Can I control a BnF Solo/Bravo III with my current Nine Eagles transmitter?

A: If you previously bought another Nine Eagles micro heli, you can certainly use the TX that came with your RTF set to control a seperately bought Bravo III for instance. This even holds for rebranded ones, like the Revell Proto CX, you can use that transmitter to control a Bravo III, and even the single rotor FP helis like the Solo Pro, or Bravo SX.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:57 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
It will. Taken from the first posting in this thread, which contains all verified information:

Q 10: Can I control a BnF Solo/Bravo III with my current Nine Eagles transmitter?

A: If you previously bought another Nine Eagles micro heli, you can certainly use the TX that came with your RTF set to control a seperately bought Bravo III for instance. This even holds for rebranded ones, like the Revell Proto CX, you can use that transmitter to control a Bravo III, and even the single rotor FP helis like the Solo Pro, or Bravo SX.
Wouldnt you agree that this has to be brought a little more into context, because it is kind of too general??
I cannot control my 328 with the TX from the free spirit and both are NE. Same is true for the newer solos as far as I know - I cant control a solo 270 with a 260 tx, right??

So isnt it necessary to be a little more specific than "can I bind a BNF to my current TX" to be on the "most safe side possible" to answer this question??

(considering that NE is even worse with their TX protocols than Walkera was with naming their helis at the peak of their "throw one model at the market every week" phase ... ....)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:26 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Wouldnt you agree that this has to be brought a little more into context, because it is kind of too general??
I cannot control my 328 with the TX from the free spirit and both are NE. Same is true for the newer solos as far as I know - I cant control a solo 270 with a 260 tx, right??

So isnt it necessary to be a little more specific than "can I bind a BNF to my current TX" to be on the "most safe side possible" to answer this question??

(considering that NE is even worse with their TX protocols than Walkera was with naming their helis at the peak of their "throw one model at the market every week" phase ... ....)
When this part was written, the 328 didn't exist, and all Nine Eagles helis used the same protocol. Indeed some products that were added later started using new protocols, so this part does need a little update, and that will be done soon. But it still gave a full answer to the question crtaylor asked, I think.

Edit: re-wrote that section a little to make people aware of the "catch" with some later released NE helis, as for TX compatibility.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; Apr 03, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:46 PM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
581 Posts
Thanks ,I will go back and read the begining again so I dont ask anymore stupid questions
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:43 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,081 Posts
It wasn't a stupid question, just one that had already been answered. No harm done. ;-)
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:30 AM
NE solo free spirit V2
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Mar 2012
137 Posts
esky nano canopy on the green chilli

Folks! Back in the air again

Just wanted to share a few pictures.
Esky canopy was available in my LHS. S300 canopy had to be ordered. An alternative would have been MIA or ace canopies. Glad with this choice.
The canopy and the tail will receive paint jobs. I'm thinking KLM colours

The heli is significantly quieter with the new canopy by the way.

Greets,

M
rcstringfellow is offline Find More Posts by rcstringfellow
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2012, 08:06 PM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
581 Posts
got my 500 body and skids ,it will be a task getting it to fit .And have to change the plug end .
anyone done this with the bravo body?

Update the body fits good ,but wont be flying it with it on .too heavy flight times reduced to about 3 mins . Ill just get a Bravo FP instead.it was worth a shot .
Last edited by crtaylor; Apr 08, 2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 05:52 PM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
581 Posts
just did another flight with the MD500 body, after charging on the new wall charger and it flew very well .I must have not had a full charge on the batteries when first test flew the new body. the heli performs great with the 500 fuse. Ill get pics of soon .always charging something .(camera)
it still has the TBE going on .I just cant get rid of that .but it is teaching me to hover .ill keep trying to get rid of that.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:55 AM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
581 Posts
Heres my Proto CX with the BravoIII bodie and skids, Now thats a Heli. Ive Always thought this was one of the best looking machines man has ever built.and the distenctive sound of the rotors is awesome
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:11 PM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
581 Posts
been reading about TBE, finally today lubed up the fly bar and top rotor assembely.and TBE is finally gone .now the heli flys super .
I used some graphite powder and it worked great .