HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SoloProFan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:20 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
That is really interesting!! - it looks totally level from 3 sides and obviously "slant" (hope this is the correct word) from the 4th...

... so if not the swash itself is not level ... and it is NOT some optical illusion ... I am really out of ideas. No clue what it could be or why it looks so obviously like one side is higher than the other if you look at it from the front

(then again, as long as it flies, why worry?)
The slant to the right is not an illusion - that's the way it is built for some reason. And this one, which is mine, hovers and flys very well.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:38 AM
Spain, AL, Malaga
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Wooww!, I fixed all was wrong and now flies very smooth.
Thanks, thanks, thanks for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon07 View Post
1. All screws are fully tightened, this is correct?, I say mostly by holding the main shaft.
3. The plate-gear at the base of the helicopter, the lower of the two (which is dropped when you release the shaft, jejeje), then that plate hook to main shaft with a bit of slack, this is important? or should tighten up with absolutely no slack?.
These are related, the screw under the swasplate, was tightened but not in the correct place, i had to correct the location of the washer. So now, there is not slack in the plate-gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Also, you might find it hovers more stable with only one flybar link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Indeed, use one link. The timing is so delicate on these small coaxials, the added resistance of the extra link can already induce some strong TBE.
Thanks, you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
Have you tried mechanical servo linkage adjustments?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1542968
Thanks, I have adjusted the servo mechanically, this helps a lot.

Quote:
Using the long swash balls will require extending the linkage guide rods.
The links are attached to short balls.

However, I've been flying since two days a V911, and what a difference!, now i think "ne solo" is a little boring,
dragon07 is offline Find More Posts by dragon07
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:16 AM
OldCuss
USA, MI, Hartland
Joined Aug 2008
116 Posts
Severe skaking

My Proto CX has all of a sudden developed a severe shaking. It's been fine up to this point. I checked the balance of the blades and FB.
Could this be a Gyro problem?
AxlMyk is offline Find More Posts by AxlMyk
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:14 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
My Proto CX has all of a sudden developed a severe shaking. It's been fine up to this point. I checked the balance of the blades and FB.
Could this be a Gyro problem?
Perhaps one of the motors is not running smooth?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:50 AM
Joined Jan 2011
20 Posts
Hi. I'm planning on getting a Solo, or one of the rebrands. I cannot find a Solo for under 70 usd shipped, so I've been looking into the proto, but are they as good as the Solo? What I mean is, being a rebrand, is it actually the exact same heli, part for part? Different colors obviously. Also, are there other rebrands that I should look in to? I found a Proto on Amazon for 47 usd shipped.
skrubz is offline Find More Posts by skrubz
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:20 AM
OldCuss
USA, MI, Hartland
Joined Aug 2008
116 Posts
I have 2 Proto CX and have a Proto Max on the way. Bought one of the CXs and the Max on E-bay as parts helis. $17 and $20 for them. They are great fliers with just a couple bucks in parts. There is one more CX on E-bay for $13 + shipping. http://myworld.ebay.com/rc_clearance...84.m1423.l2754 is the seller from Utah. They are returns with control issues, but it's more that people don't know how to fly, or set them up.
You can get this one for $21, shipped, but no battery comes with it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revel-Proto-...item3a7121dcdd
They are Nine Eagles re-brands. My LHS stocks parts for both, so that's what I'm staying with.
AxlMyk is offline Find More Posts by AxlMyk
Last edited by AxlMyk; Mar 01, 2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:17 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrubz View Post
Hi. I'm planning on getting a Solo, or one of the rebrands. I cannot find a Solo for under 70 usd shipped, so I've been looking into the proto, but are they as good as the Solo? What I mean is, being a rebrand, is it actually the exact same heli, part for part? Different colors obviously. Also, are there other rebrands that I should look in to? I found a Proto on Amazon for 47 usd shipped.
It's the same heli. If you look at the receiver board, it simply says "Nine Eagles" and the same applies to the transmitter innards. The only things that differ on rebranded helis is the color, and sometimes the warranty/customer service/quality control, since you deal with a different company than with Nine Eagles directly.

As for the slanted swash remark, a general thing, don't observe the swash position when the blades are not spinning, look at it with the blades in motion. Most often the blades pull the swash a little up, to "in flight position" so to say. Chances are, it will be close to level then. Another thing to observe is that these micros are very sensitive to weight unbalance. A slightly heavier battery for instance will require a trim adjustment, which will tilt the swash. And the Draco has a full canopy, while the Solo is pod and boom. Therefore you can expect the swash to be angled differently on both helis, unless you take time to make it perfectly balanced. But a few clicks of trim works just as fine, and takes much less effort.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:48 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrubz View Post
There are lots of them on ebay for around $56 shipped. That's where I bought mine. The 210a does need a Bravo III flybar update for durability so figure in another $10 or so.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Mar 08, 2012, 06:02 PM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
597 Posts
I got a proto cx today .it flies great but it dose a small circle hands off .cannot get it to hover in one spot.with small inputs gets close to a nice hover.have 3 flights on it and stock batteries are almost dead. Ill keep trying to trim it out .
crtaylor is offline Find More Posts by crtaylor
Old Mar 09, 2012, 03:34 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crtaylor View Post
I got a proto cx today .it flies great but it dose a small circle hands off .cannot get it to hover in one spot.with small inputs gets close to a nice hover.have 3 flights on it and stock batteries are almost dead. Ill keep trying to trim it out .
Sounds like TBE. On these helis it's often caused by the flybar not being able to move smooth enough. As your heli is new, it might be a matter of parts needing to wear in a little, perhaps a little molding burr somewhere, that needs to wear down.

As for the batteries, how long do you fly? Until the heli can't stay up? If so, that is the best way to kill your batteries quickly.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:56 AM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
597 Posts
Battteries in radio,not that big a deal. I read about TBE, Got to fly another flight wasn t as extreme but. had broken a leg off gear so I just glued it with some automotive body repair grade CA waited 2 hrs
installed battery and it was a new permanet fixture .destroyed the battery getting it apart .destroyed gear so off to the HK site to order new batts,and gear
crtaylor is offline Find More Posts by crtaylor
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:49 PM
Italy
Joined Nov 2011
397 Posts
What's damaged?

Hi people. I've seen in my city a person who sell a draco for only twenty euro!!
He said that it works but doesn't go forward and backward. Only left and right.

I would like to know if it's a bargain or not. What could the problem be? If it's the radio control or the 5in1 I think it's not a big bargain...

Someone have had this problem? Thanks.
matrixFLYER is offline Find More Posts by matrixFLYER
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:59 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixFLYER View Post
Hi people. I've seen in my city a person who sell a draco for only twenty euro!!
He said that it works but doesn't go forward and backward. Only left and right.

I would like to know if it's a bargain or not. What could the problem be? If it's the radio control or the 5in1 I think it's not a big bargain...

Someone have had this problem? Thanks.
It could be Rx or jammed servos problems......Hard to say without pics or video but IMHO I'd stay away.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:22 PM
Italy
Joined Nov 2011
397 Posts
Quote:
It could be Rx or jammed servos problems......Hard to say without pics or video but IMHO I'd stay away.
I've asked the guy if i can see the problem personally...we will see his answer
matrixFLYER is offline Find More Posts by matrixFLYER
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:34 PM
NE solo free spirit V2
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Mar 2012
137 Posts
RC noob and many thanks

Dear SoloPro, Brosol, Gordonzo, Chandlert, Donaldsneffe, and many many others,

After spending way to much hours on the web searching for best entry level indoor heli's I finally bought a nine eagles solo free spirit V2 heli (aka green chili). I would like to thank you all greatly for all the info and happy reading you provided.
Let me tell you about my experiences so far.
I thoroughly enjoy my green chili

Crashed it I think 50 times (estimated). Still going strong. My flight time on the stopwatch is 9:42 on a single battery with full range on, and after mods...I'll explain later. (hover and minor turns, 110mAh stock NE lipo battery)
broken/changed parts:
Outer shaft (hair crack in the upper collar)
inner shaft (bent)
2 new skids (seem to always break on the front right side)
collar under swash (screwhole cracked)

Mods (be gentle all you pro's out there, i've never done a "mod". Feels cool after the result pays off though):
1. stabilizing cross bar on skids
2. switching to longer linkages on swashplate

(tip on re-using connectors without the use of soldering. I was very annoyed at finding skids with and without a white connecting box plug)

After all the mod's I have less TBE (finally virtually zero TBE, can't really put my finger on the reason though.), more solid skids and more swash excursion.
I hope the pictures give a good example.

Greets from a noob

(p.s.: my next heli will probably be a bravo SX modded with a MIA S300 frame and body. If of course the wife...)
rcstringfellow is offline Find More Posts by rcstringfellow
RCG Plus Member