HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SoloProFan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 04, 2011, 03:40 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
I also failed to enter EPA mode on my Solo coax (210A)
I wonder if EPA mode was ever available for NE210A, NE310A, Draco coaxial Rx. Any Nine Eagles factory employees reading this.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2011, 04:05 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
I wonder if EPA mode was ever available for NE210A, NE310A, Draco coaxial Rx. Any Nine Eagles factory employees reading this.
It might be on the latest batches, I understand these also use a new type of receiver, it's even said to be identical to the RX-01 of the single rotors, but possibly with different firmware. Can't comment on this though, my Solo is from a much older batch, when the servos still had resisitive linear tracks on the board itself, instead of rotary pots.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 10, 2011, 08:25 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,283 Posts
Anyone have there stock batteries go dead after just 4 months??? Where is the chepest palce to get some bravo 3 batteries, please?
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Jul 11, 2011, 01:00 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Anyone have there stock batteries go dead after just 4 months??? Where is the chepest palce to get some bravo 3 batteries, please?
The stock batteries are not that great, apart from the ones that come with the Bravo SX single rotor.

Alternative batteries are discussed in the first posting in this thread, btw, I quote myself. I highlighted the parts listing the battery options:

"Q 1: How long can I fly on a battery, and how do I know when to land?

A: Depends on the battery capacity. With the stock 110 mAh cells you can stay in the air for around 10 minutes, although you are pushing the battery and motor to the limit then. My stock batteries didn't last many cycles. A good alternative are the Hobby King's OEM 120 mAh batteries, that offer the same or even more power, and flight times. These last many cycles, one of mine is still going strong after 80 flights. Also remember lipos need to be treated with care. Discharge them too far and they won't last long, and in worst case scenario can explode or catch fire. The lipos for the Solo are small, so the risks are also smaller, but you still don't want to go too far, and destroy your batteries. When the heli can't hold altitude on full throttle, you will have gone too far. Best is to either time your flights or use the throttle percentage on the display of the transmitter to estimate the condition of the lipo. Between full and a well but not overly discharged lipo, there is about 15% throttle difference. So if in the beginning you need say 45% throttle to maintain height, it will be time to land at 60% throttle to maintain height. If you want to be extra careful, take 10% as stopping point. This will be about 7 minutes of flight, 15% will be a little over 8, depending on battery capacity.

The bigger Hobby king 150 mAh OEM battery is also a good option. You don't really need the extra 30 mAh for this heli, but because it is over 0.5g heavier, throttle is less twitchy on the Solo and Free Spirit, since these are lighter than the Bravo III."

Btw, how long do you fly? Till the heli can't stay in the air, or do you stop earlier? Draining a lipo battery too far repeatedly can make it go bad prematurely.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 03:04 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,283 Posts
Well i wanted to get my 8 year old started but by the time it gets in the air . It dies . I have 2 more coing from wow hobbies. They have everything. Thanks pro
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:24 PM
Joined May 2008
60 Posts
Hi there! Would someone be kind enough to hit me up with bravoIII rx part number? I'll be using it in another coax since it has a fubar tx and I allready own NE heli tx.
cheers!
KeljuK is offline Find More Posts by KeljuK
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:54 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeljuK View Post
Hi there! Would someone be kind enough to hit me up with bravoIII rx part number? I'll be using it in another coax since it has a fubar tx and I allready own NE heli tx.
cheers!
Following the links for shops where to get spare parts, I added to the first post in this thread, for convenience, and then clicking on "Nine Eagles Parts" followed by "Bravo III" I find this: http://www.clubheli.com/Nine-Eagles-...01_p_2431.html
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:52 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Solo 210a - Bravo III Flybar Mod

Bad - I broke 2 stock flybars in 2 days. Are you kidding Nine Eagles? The slightest bump and that brittle stick called a 'flybar' snaps!

Good - I just completed the Bravo III flybar mod to my Solo and thanks to the info posted by Brosol, it was very easy and straight forward. There should be no more broken flybars during normal flights and light crashes.

Question: Has anyone else done this mod? With both upper flybar links connected the flybay does not move freely and I get severe TBE. With only one link it flys perfectly.

The obvious question is 'why not fly with one link?' but I have tried everything related to correcting TBE and it just will not work with both links. That is why this question is directed at those that have actually completed this mod.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:02 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Bad - I broke 2 stock flybars in 2 days. Are you kidding Nine Eagles? The slightest bump and that brittle stick called a 'flybar' snaps!

Good - I just completed the Bravo III flybar mod to my Solo and thanks to the info posted by Brosol, it was very easy and straight forward. There should be no more broken flybars during normal flights and light crashes.

Question: Has anyone else done this mod? With both upper flybar links connected the flybay does not move freely and I get severe TBE. With only one link it flys perfectly.

The obvious question is 'why not fly with one link?' but I have tried everything related to correcting TBE and it just will not work with both links. That is why this question is directed at those that have actually completed this mod.
Glad the mod mostly worked out for you. Could you post a pics top & side views of the flybar and linkage connections. My Bravo III based heli flybar uses both links and moves freely without binding. Any flybar related binding, bent inner shaft can cause TBE.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:59 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Glad the mod mostly worked out for you. Could you post a pics top & side views of the flybar and linkage connections. My Bravo III based heli flybar uses both links and moves freely without binding. Any flybar related binding, bent inner shaft can cause TBE.
Brosol - thank you for the assistance. Here are the requested photos.

I hope these are clear enough:
Old Jul 21, 2011, 08:57 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Brosol - thank you for the assistance. Here are the requested photos.

I hope these are clear enough:
NE260A style flybar used by NE310A/210A. Notice wider spaced linkage balls Vs

Original NE310A flybar with linkage ball arms closer to the center hub

NE260A style flybar only allows 1 NE310A to be used without binding

Original NE310A flybar linkage spacing allows both linkages to be used, notice the vertical alignment of the 2 linkages

I think Nine Eagles may have switched to NE260A flybar. The wider spaced linkage balls only allows use of 1 NE310A linkage else binding & TBE would result. The original fragile NE210A flybar also uses 1 linkage in stock config.

The original NE310A flybar with linkage balls placed closer to the center allows the use of both linkages with free movement and without binding.
Last edited by Brosol; Jul 21, 2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:49 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
NE260A style flybar used by NE310A/210A. Notice wider spaced linkage balls Vs

Original NE310A flybar with linkage ball arms closer to the center hub

NE260A style flybar only allows 1 NE310A to be used without binding

Original NE310A flybar linkage spacing allows both linkages to be used, notice the vertical alignment of the 2 linkages

I think Nine Eagles may have switched to NE260A flybar. The wider spaced linkage balls only allows use of 1 NE310A linkage else binding & TBE would result. The original fragile NE210A flybar also uses 1 linkage in stock config.

The original NE310A flybar with linkage balls placed closer to the center allows the use of both linkages with free movement and without binding.
I just compared the flybar to the one on my Solo Pro and you are correct - it is a Solo Pro flybar, but with a different part number (210a-NE4312003 vs 260a-NE4260003) and it has to be installed with the weights facing up, while on the Solo Pro they face down.

The other issue I had was the ball links on the 312a blades are too big, making it very difficult to snap the link on, and causing some very mild TBE even with one link. After a little bit of sanding, most (but not all) of the TBE is gone.

It is still a worthwhile mod - just a few minor issues to be aware of.

I may scour the online stores and see if someone still has the old-style 312a flybar.

EDIT: Afterthought - How does this work when you replace the flybar on a Bravo III and it has the ball links spaced farther apart? It seems you would have the same issues? Or am I missing something.

EDIT2: After flying a few more batteries I have noticed that the helicopter does not hover in one spot but rather moves around the room quite a bit. Somewhat like TBE but more random. I think the flybar link angle is the cause. I need to match the blades to the flybar. My problem might have been that I bought the inner shaft and blade set from different suppliers. I have sent Clubheli a note asking about this.
Last edited by gordonzo; Jul 22, 2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 07:21 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,434 Posts
Excellent Thread - Well done.

- Rolex.
rolex0071 is offline Find More Posts by rolex0071
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:26 AM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
I sent a note to Rick @ Clubheli and asked him about the Bravo III flybar and he said that the BIII flybar is different from the Solo Pro flybar.

My flybar might just be mis-packaged. I am going to get a complete conversion part set from Clubheli and try again.

The Solo Pro flybar will become a spare for my Solo Pro.

With the Solo Pro flybar on the BIII head, the 210a flys ok in slow mode but does drift around and occasionally dart off a bit.

But in fast mode it is very difficult to keep it in the air unless you are very gentle on the sticks, and that defeats the purpose of fast mode with a tougher flybar.

I will update this info again later with a summary of the details when all is finalized.

Please note that this mod came from Brosol (thanks again).
Old Aug 04, 2011, 10:50 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Anyone know if a NE 320A, Bravo SX canopy will fit on a NE 312A Bravo III frame?