SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:09 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by satinet View Post
That exactly what I want, but I can't find a way to achieve it. Perfectly normal stop for a glider.
Which is why I'm confused I did everything as explained in the last few posts and it works. MafRaf has just posted exactly the same setup but included some screenshots so I presume it works for him as well.
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:50 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
I sat down first thing and assembled some servos laid out representing a 4 wing just to see what I was doing wrong. Works perfectly using the simple mixer that was described originally and that MafRaf included some pictures of.

The only thing I can think of is the surface ordering as MafRaf mentioned. I used a new out the box model setup the ordering of which I did actually post above. This is different from Multiplex who do left, right, left, right from what I remember.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:19 PM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,527 Posts
Thanks guys. I will have another look at it tomorrow.
satinet is offline Find More Posts by satinet
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:33 PM
Grow old disgracefully!
Luton, UK
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Just looking at the screens posted by MafRaf I can see how easy the basic mixer is to set up, but there must also be a way of tuning the individual flap servos so they both have the same movement for the same aileron input - e.g. a curve or end point adjustment.
I assume there are separate screens for that?
Can the individual servos be reversed there, and would that solve Tom's problem?

Dick
dickw is offline Find More Posts by dickw
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:25 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
I thought I would try a set of the Grumania trims. Whilst I haven't got an issue with the stock trims l'll accept that it is often possible to build a better mousetrap :-)

They were very easy to install. I did think they might be a problem in use as at home I felt my thumb caught the stick during some deflections.

Had about 10 flights with them fitted yesterday and didn't even realise they were there so catching them not an issue in use. They certainly made trimming even easier although I do I need to be careful. The natural motion of dropping the thumb and pushing the stick puts pressure on at a diagonal.

For now they are staying on.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:33 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
How do you fit the Grumania trims? Are they self adhesive?
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:17 PM
Loves to fly....
Norway
Joined Jul 2007
27 Posts
G-Trims

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceHaworth View Post
How do you fit the Grumania trims? Are they self adhesive?
There are 4 "dots" of double sided self adhesive tape per trim. You put one "dot" on each button, and put the g-trim on top. They seem to be a safe fit when on.

I have used mine for some indoor flying, and they shure is easyer to use that the stock trims.

The design is the same as on the 3D selector so its not that bad lookin either.

/Baard
taxi2400 is offline Find More Posts by taxi2400
Last edited by taxi2400; Feb 17, 2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Typo
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:52 PM
mostly gliders
Skellefteċ, Sweden
Joined Sep 2003
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickw View Post
Just looking at the screens posted by MafRaf I can see how easy the basic mixer is to set up, but there must also be a way of tuning the individual flap servos so they both have the same movement for the same aileron input - e.g. a curve or end point adjustment.
I assume there are separate screens for that?
Can the individual servos be reversed there, and would that solve Tom's problem?

Dick
Dick, wildpalm, satinet, I wonder how it is possible that you are discussing how to set up so-called four servo wing? With the latest transmitter on the market? I thought it belonged to yesterday's problems?
I may not have understood all the posts so I've probably missed something?

/ Ville, Mpx Royal Pro owner
liukku is online now Find More Posts by liukku
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:09 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
I have no idea

Quite different architecture to the Profi 4000. I kept mine just in case I didn't like the Jeti but in the last six months it hasn't been used at all. Haven't found anything I need that has defeated me and the other benefits like great sticks etc make it all worthwhile.

I used to have a Royal Evo as did a lot of my club mates. Programming a four servo wing was a big problem for one of them until it was discovered he was ignoring the left, right, left, right rule. I loved my Evo but ditched it when their 2.4ghz solution was very late and very expensive. Was a nice set though.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:21 PM
mostly gliders
Skellefteċ, Sweden
Joined Sep 2003
963 Posts
It is not my intention to sound like a "besser wisser", but I think that this feature is so widely used by many, that it should be a well described in the manual. I have decided to continue with the Multiplex, but it was not long ago the decision was made. I have during the past summer tested Futaba 8FG, and there was a positive surprise. A Very easy to use and easily programmed transmitter. Would love to test Jetis new transmitters, but unfortunately you can not try every transmitter out, too much of a work, and too expensive.

/Ville
liukku is online now Find More Posts by liukku
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:29 PM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi2400 View Post
There are 4 "dots" of double sided self adhesive tape per trim. You put one "dot" on each button, and put the g-trim on top. They seem to be a safe fit when on.

I have used mine for some indoor flying, and they shure is easyer to use that the stock trims.

The design is the same as on the 3D selector so its not that bad lookin either.

/Baard
Somewhere I seem to remember the folks who make the G-trim saying to use 2 dots per button, which is what I did and the G-trim works fine. It might have been in their video. I just can't remember. And they do give you more than enough dots to do it that way. Just a bit more cushion and clearance I suppose.

Preston
jaizon is offline Find More Posts by jaizon
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:34 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
The manual isn't bad but the examples are quite simple. The aileron to flap mix is described but is basic (and has a few copy paste errors).

This forum is mainly English speakers. The US hasn't had this radio long and it isn't popular in the UK. I have found good information on non English speaking forums.

A mix like this really is quite basic and is bread and butter stuff. It took me 5 minutes from start to finish but I think the fact I had some spare time and no English manual when I got mine helped. I sat down with a bunch of servos and played. At the end of the day even the most advanced of these model radios is pretty basic with only a finite amount of options
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:38 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaizon View Post
Somewhere I seem to remember the folks who make the G-trim saying to use 2 dots per button, which is what I did and the G-trim works fine. It might have been in their video. I just can't remember. And they do give you more than enough dots to do it that way. Just a bit more cushion and clearance I suppose.

Preston
The manual says one per button; at least the current version does.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:42 PM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
The manual says one per button; at least the current version does.
My mind is no longer the steel trap it once was. Nowadays it's more like a steel sieve.
jaizon is offline Find More Posts by jaizon
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:57 AM
UK
Joined Nov 2002
1,668 Posts
How do I switch off a servo? For example in my jets the brake servo and nosewheel steering servos are switched on/off by the position of the retract switch, in my Mpx4000 each servo has a switch parameter. How do I do it with the Jeti?
HarryC is offline Find More Posts by HarryC