Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:27 PM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by satinet View Post
Hi

Yes and no. It works if you have a few flight phases on one switch, but not if you start to use a few flight phases on different switches.

T
I do not understand. If you can assign a sound to one switch, why not another. I have 3 on my 3 way switch and one on the switch next to it.

Preston
jaizon is offline Find More Posts by jaizon
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:05 PM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,505 Posts
say if you have 3 phases on a 3 way switch and another with a higher precedence on another switch it would still sound if you moved the 3 position switch even though you weren't in that flight phase.

If it is like the p4000 I had you could also use logical switches, so you could have the same three position switch doing different flight phases depending on the position of another switch. Don't know if you can do that on the jeti though.
satinet is online now Find More Posts by satinet
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:45 PM
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,108 Posts
Quote:
say if you have 3 phases on a 3 way switch and another with a higher precedence on another switch it would still sound if you moved the 3 position switch even though you weren't in that flight phase.

If it is like the p4000 I had you could also use logical switches, so you could have the same three position switch doing different flight phases depending on the position of another switch. Don't know if you can do that on the jeti though.
I am not familiar with the "higher precedence" concept regarding the Jeti DC-16.
I know that on my JR12X launch mode would take precedence over any other mode at any time (i.e., if you were in launch mode you could not switch to thermal), but once you came out of launch you could do anything.

As far as the second point goes I'm only guessing that you could do that using logical switches, but have no idea because I have not yet been able to figure out logical switches, even with some help in these forums. If you are successful at doing this please let us know. I have no need for logical switches which is why I have not pursued it further. I am strictly a sailplane only guy and for that this radio has done everything I need and more.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:47 PM
HyperFlight Support
United Kingdom, England, Stratford-upon-Avon
Joined Feb 2001
3,893 Posts
Not trying to be nasty, but if the P4000 is so good why not fit a Jeti TU module and a Jeti box, and get some of the Jeti benefits while keeping the programming you love?

neil.
Neil Stainton is offline Find More Posts by Neil Stainton
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:48 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Exactly correct in your description there Satinet.

To be clear. There are no sounds associated with any flight phases. Flight phases like rates & mixers are activated by events (switch position changes) which you setup. The playing of sound samples are triggered by events in the same way, but they are not connected. If you use the same switch trigger for both the flight phase change and a sound then you have a flight phase sound.

The problem as you have discovered Satinet is that whilst flight phases can be triggered they may not be actually activated as there is a priority order.

This is not so much a bug as a hole in the logic. What is required is the association of a sound sample to the activation of the flight phase.

This functionality has a whole thread in the features request sub forum of the JetIForum.

Logic switch functionality very sophisticated compared to the 4000 but I've not tried to see if it solves this problem.
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:50 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Stainton View Post
Not trying to be nasty, but if the P4000 is so good why not fit a Jeti TU module and a Jeti box, and get some of the Jeti benefits while keeping the programming you love?

neil.
I did My 4000 barely used now though.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:14 PM
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,108 Posts
I guess I'm not exactly following this recent conversation, but I've made this. Please excuse the orientation.

DC 16 switches (0 min 31 sec)
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:26 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaizon View Post
I am not familiar with the "higher precedence" concept regarding the Jeti DC-16.
I know that on my JR12X launch mode would take precedence over any other mode at any time (i.e., if you were in launch mode you could not switch to thermal), but once you came out of launch you could do anything.

As far as the second point goes I'm only guessing that you could do that using logical switches, but have no idea because I have not yet been able to figure out logical switches, even with some help in these forums. If you are successful at doing this please let us know. I have no need for logical switches which is why I have not pursued it further. I am strictly a sailplane only guy and for that this radio has done everything I need and more.
With the jeti, and just about every TX above the basic stuff, you can assign which flight mode has the higher priority. As the jeti has 10 flight modes, all of which can be given a name, you need to decide which is higher in the order.

If it's like the p4000 you could have a 3 position switch that is 3 flight modes and once you flick a switch, it is 3 other flight modes.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:29 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Exactly correct in your description there Satinet.

To be clear. There are no sounds associated with any flight phases. Flight phases like rates & mixers are activated by events (switch position changes) which you setup. The playing of sound samples are triggered by events in the same way, but they are not connected. If you use the same switch trigger for both the flight phase change and a sound then you have a flight phase sound.

The problem as you have discovered Satinet is that whilst flight phases can be triggered they may not be actually activated as there is a priority order.

This is not so much a bug as a hole in the logic. What is required is the association of a sound sample to the activation of the flight phase.

This functionality has a whole thread in the features request sub forum of the JetIForum.

Logic switch functionality very sophisticated compared to the 4000 but I've not tried to see if it solves this problem.

we're still on an early software version. I have hopes for the future.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:17 AM
Joined Feb 2004
530 Posts
I am using logical switches to switch into snap flight modes. So full up elevator + full right rudder switches into positive right snap flight mode and full down elevator + full right rudder switches to negative right snap flight mode etc. So I can tune each snap direction. I still need to work out how to turn the logical switches off for the spins.
Wetafly is offline Find More Posts by Wetafly
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:32 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetafly View Post
I am using logical switches to switch into snap flight modes. So full up elevator + full right rudder switches into positive right snap flight mode and full down elevator + full right rudder switches to negative right snap flight mode etc. So I can tune each snap direction. I still need to work out how to turn the logical switches off for the spins.
nice. Glad to hear about that functionality.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:05 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetafly View Post
I still need to work out how to turn the logical switches off for the spins.
I have similar requirements although a different mix. Throttle position may be useful if you always snap above a certain throttle setting. I also use the 2 position switch on the stick but have found the side slider even better lately.

I have an aileron to throttle mix. At almost full deflection I have the mix add a little throttle. I use a logic switch with throttle as an input to make sure the mix is off in vertical downlines. I also use the side slider to turn it off completely in the torque roll (where I have full aileron and half throttle).

Logic switches can be daisy chained as much as needed.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:22 PM
Joined Feb 2004
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post

I have an aileron to throttle mix. At almost full deflection I have the mix add a little throttle. I use a logic switch with throttle as an input to make sure the mix is off in vertical downlines. I also use the side slider to turn it off completely in the torque roll (where I have full aileron and half throttle).

Logic switches can be daisy chained as much as needed.
Hmm. I will work on that with a foamy.
Wetafly is offline Find More Posts by Wetafly
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:17 PM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,505 Posts
aileron to flap mix

Hi
(sound on event issue resolved btw)

Question:-

how do you make it so that a free mix of aileron to flap makes each flap move up and down a different amount (like aileron differential). Not different to each other, different up/down?

Via the curve?

Cheers
Tom
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:53 PM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
1,075 Posts
Mix of Aileron to Flap

A curve can work, but you do not need to use a curve if you only want a fixed percentage difference. For that case, I find using the mix itself is sufficient; i.e., you can adjust each of the flaps to be a different percentage value as well as change the sign...

I use the curve when I want the percentage change to be different across the range of control throw; then it fits the bill perfectly.

Michael
Quote:
Hi
(sound on event issue resolved btw)

Question:-

how do you make it so that a free mix of aileron to flap makes each flap move up and down a different amount (like aileron differential). Not different to each other, different up/down?

Via the curve?

Cheers
Tom
Snowflake6515 is offline Find More Posts by Snowflake6515