SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:58 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Very out of trim sounds like a god use of auto trim. I'm not a fan but then usually only adding one kick or so. I did seem to work well when I did try it.
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:01 AM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
1,122 Posts
Propo Control As Trim

I like to have separate nosewheel steering (NWS) that is proportional to the rudder, but with separate trim (air trim for rudder, ground trim for NWS.

When I setup the added function of NWS, I specify a side lever for trim, with 50% maximum. I also add a Free Mix of Throttle to NWS so that the throw amount is inversely proportional to the throttle position (reduced NWS sensitivity as throttle is advanced.) All controlled by gear in retracted position, of course.

The ability to trivially assign a separate trim control makes life so much easier. The more I learn, I find I go back and greatly simplify my programming. Not sure if this is praising the Jeti approach or admitting that I am a slow learner. :-) I do know that R1.07 greatly simplified my programming.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Back on the subject of trims I wonder how much attention has been paid to the fact you can assign additional proportional controls as trim adjusters.

This doesn't solve the general dislike of the trim layout for some (MC32 more conventional and functionally very similar to the Jeti).

If however you are interested in constantly retrimming one control several times during flight then it is a useful option.

A control such as one of the the side levers can be assigned as an additional trim control. You can select how much trim full travel produces. The conventional trims still work as programmed.

I don't fly F3B/F but could see this being quite handy back when I did fly 100S for fun.
Snowflake6515 is online now Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:50 PM
United States, OH, Cuyahoga Falls
Joined Apr 2006
224 Posts
Can you please explain how you have done this set up? I have the same kind of setup and I would like to reproduce what you have done

Thanks,

Le fou
le fou is offline Find More Posts by le fou
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:08 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=289
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:00 AM
Joined Oct 2010
131 Posts
I've just tried to upload some additional .wav files to my voices directory, but when i try to test them using the audio player i'm getting an error "invalid RIFF ID"

Anyone know what this is and how to correct it?
plingboot is offline Find More Posts by plingboot
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:29 AM
France, IdF, Sucy-en-Brie
Joined Apr 2006
27 Posts
Hi,

try this:

- open audio file with Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/)
- menu => file => export => select type: WAV (Microsoft) signed 16bits PCM and change file name and/or directory => Save button => dialog box 'Edit metadata' => clear all values (if exist) => OK button

Hope this helps.
pdugue is offline Find More Posts by pdugue
Last edited by pdugue; Feb 03, 2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:22 AM
Joined Oct 2010
131 Posts
Thanks for the reply, will give it a go later today.
plingboot is offline Find More Posts by plingboot
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:22 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,520 Posts
Voice on event

Hi

How do you make the TX make a sound when you flick a switch.
I went to the relevant screen and selected a sound for a switch movement. It worked once on one switch but will not work again.

It will make sounds on startup etc, but not for "events".

Tom
satinet is offline Find More Posts by satinet
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:49 AM
United States, TX, Allen
Joined Jun 2008
8 Posts
RIFF Problem: I had this problem as well and Jeti resolved it. You are actually pointing to a tag file that some operating systems (My iMac) produces. Search the forum for RIFF and you will find the write-up.
Jerry Prado
mosfetman is offline Find More Posts by mosfetman
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:06 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosfetman View Post
RIFF Problem: I had this problem as well and Jeti resolved it. You are actually pointing to a tag file that some operating systems (My iMac) produces. Search the forum for RIFF and you will find the write-up.
Jerry Prado

The sounds play if you press the play button when you are selecting them, so I am not sure it is related to a problem will file tags.

It should just work - it seems quite simple? I don't quite see why it would work when you press play or other events such as startup, but not if you want a switch to make a noise. The TX doesn't have any custom sounds produced on another device. Only the sounds that are with it.

Sound on event doesn't work. Well it worked once, but not any more. It has version 1.07.1 on it. Sounds on timers didn't work either last time i checked.

Also pity you can't assign a noise to a flight phase.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:46 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
'Sounds on Event' works fine for me. I use quite a few of them all the time. In fact I rely on them a lot now.

The sound is for a switch trigger not just the switch E.G. I have it say 'armed' when a 3 pos goes from 1 to 2 but not when going from 2 to 3, 3 to 2 & 2 to 1

They are also model dependant whereas system sounds are global.

Can't associate sound with flight mode but then a flight mode is triggered by a switch so you can.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:16 PM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by satinet View Post
The sounds play if you press the play button when you are selecting them, so I am not sure it is related to a problem will file tags.

It should just work - it seems quite simple? I don't quite see why it would work when you press play or other events such as startup, but not if you want a switch to make a noise. The TX doesn't have any custom sounds produced on another device. Only the sounds that are with it.

Sound on event doesn't work. Well it worked once, but not any more. It has version 1.07.1 on it. Sounds on timers didn't work either last time i checked.

Also pity you can't assign a noise to a flight phase.
You can absolutely assign a sound (Cruise, Thermal, etc.) to a flight phase (mode). I have a 3 position switch for Thermal, Cruise and Speed, another for Landing. Announcement are made for each change.
jaizon is offline Find More Posts by jaizon
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:03 PM
United States, TX, Allen
Joined Jun 2008
8 Posts
All above is correct...However, there is a chance that the designers implemented a bit too much flexibility in terms of event driven voice while not providing alternate handling if a voice has just been assigned to a switch?. If you point a voice trigger to a switch...well...where does it live?? What if the voice you want is intended to be triggered only by a flight phase...by the same switch?
I know that this radio will do anything we need...we just have to learn the thinking behind the monster...kinda like communicating with the wife...
I love my DC-16!!
Jerry Prado
mosfetman is offline Find More Posts by mosfetman
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:20 AM
Hampshire, U.K.
Joined Jun 2008
1,895 Posts
[QUOTE=mosfetman;24057376...we just have to learn the thinking behind the monster...[/QUOTE]

Exactly! One of the joys of the MPX 3030/4000 is that the mental model behind the programming is so simple. I get the feeling that for this Jeti beast, some form of functional block diagram would be really helpful.

The manual seems pretty good but, like most nowadays, is really just a guided tour of the user menu structure so gives no real insight into how the transmitter actually operates.

This would be a really useful thing for the guys at Jeti to do while we thumb flyers are waiting for our DS-16s
Trevorh is offline Find More Posts by Trevorh
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:15 PM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaizon View Post
You can absolutely assign a sound (Cruise, Thermal, etc.) to a flight phase (mode). I have a 3 position switch for Thermal, Cruise and Speed, another for Landing. Announcement are made for each change.
Hi

Yes and no. It works if you have a few flight phases on one switch, but not if you start to use a few flight phases on different switches.

T