HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:14 PM
Czech Republic
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
Wildpalms: Why do you use 20ms for RX frame rate and not "By Transmitter"?
MafRaf is offline Find More Posts by MafRaf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:39 PM
France, IdF, Sucy-en-Brie
Joined Apr 2006
27 Posts
Hi,

the 'By Transmitter' option as been previously implemented in Rx menus for better compatibility with transmitters equiped with Jeti modules NOT for the dc-16. You normally should NOT use it with dc-16... except if you like to see some strange servo moves.

Regards
pdugue is offline Find More Posts by pdugue
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:36 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
I used 20ms as that is the receiver default and nowhere on Jeti's site or the manual does it say that it should be changed for the DC-16.

I was trying to replicate Jack's problem and did so.

On my old 4000 I always used 'by transmitter'.

If I do 'by transmitter' with the setup I posted above I get different results. Frame rate is just around 19ms to around 21ms. The servos are not as smooth as before but there is no juddering periodically. Judder hard to see on mine compared to Jacks as I use full servo deflection to only achieve +-20 degrees rather than his +-50 degrees.

I only have servos (outputs) on channels 1-5 on my DC-16 which is no doubt different to Jack.

I'm quite happy to go fly this setup by the way.
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:50 PM
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
Jeti PPM

Today my receivers arrived ,would like to know if they are PPM should I be able to plug a servo into any channels and they work?. Because I am having trouble setting up helicommand and was wondering why in the setup screen 2 it tells you to move gimbals to check correct movement and I have no movement. Plug servo into receivers and wola I have servo movement. I thought(could be wrong) that if it is PPM the servo ports are disabled.
Drew3627 is offline Find More Posts by Drew3627
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:20 AM
Joined Nov 2009
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack320 View Post
Hi,

I've spend some time investigating the problem as well, At the same time, I have made this video. Receiver output period is set at -by transmitter-, all outputs on CH A, Servo juddering really badly from 0:13 in the video. I Belive it is actually doing damage to the servos as well as the model, at some points the control surface jumps by 20-25 mm steps at once. There is no smooth servo movement at any time. With very bad peaks avery 25-30 seconds or so.

Next thing I want to do is to record some 10seconds of the waveform at very high sampling frequency and check the waveform in detail from the recording. Rx output signal is definitely not in order.

Servos are Hitec HS7775MG, R9 Jeti receiver. Sebart 50E.

Can you confirm your symptoms are similar?

Jack
Jack,
the plane looks familliar - I got the same one
I am using in my Seb Graupner DES 708 BB MG digi servos on elev and rudder w/o problems on a Jeti system (DC16, R8) for over 6 months now.
Besides Graupner digital servos, I am using high end Futaba, and MKS servos in my other models and never have experienced any such behaviour.
I suggest you to contact Jeti. This is certainly not as it should be.
Cheers Stephan
schiwo1 is offline Find More Posts by schiwo1
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:59 AM
Germany, BY, Bayreuth
Joined Sep 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiwo1 View Post
Jack,
the plane looks familliar - I got the same one
I am using in my Seb Graupner DES 708 BB MG digi servos on elev and rudder w/o problems on a Jeti system (DC16, R8) for over 6 months now.
Besides Graupner digital servos, I am using high end Futaba, and MKS servos in my other models and never have experienced any such behaviour.
I suggest you to contact Jeti. This is certainly not as it should be.
Cheers Stephan
Well, if you read few posts back, you will see that I've done exactly that - contacted Jeti.

They don't have a solution, there is nothing they can do at this time. I may have to wait and see if they they can fix their software in the future. In the meantime I can't use the radio, quite an expensive paperweight at €1200....

Jack
Jack320 is offline Find More Posts by Jack320
Last edited by Jack320; Jan 13, 2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: typos
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:55 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,672 Posts
Sorry about your loss. I agree that those sticks should have been solid and not hollow. It is too risky making them hollow and threading them so they can be screwed into the gimbal body.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:35 PM
Joined Oct 2008
69 Posts
Replacement Aluminum Case

Hi,

This might be the most dumbest question of all.. so apologies in advanced about that..

In the DC-16 manual under section :2.2. Optional Accessories, we can see replacement aluminium case.
Is this refer to the Big suitcase type aluminium case or the transmitter body itself ?

I assume it should be referring to the aluminium carrying case but asking if in case the Dc-16 body is available.. hahaha..
Buwa is offline Find More Posts by Buwa
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:33 AM
France, IdF, Sucy-en-Brie
Joined Apr 2006
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
I agree that those sticks should have been solid and not hollow
Hi,
did you forget the switch wire? Hollow BUT steel made!

Regards
pdugue is offline Find More Posts by pdugue
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:55 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishkaRC View Post
Hi,

This might be the most dumbest question of all.. so apologies in advanced about that..

In the DC-16 manual under section :2.2. Optional Accessories, we can see replacement aluminium case.
Is this refer to the Big suitcase type aluminium case or the transmitter body itself ?

I assume it should be referring to the aluminium carrying case but asking if in case the Dc-16 body is available.. hahaha..
Yeah, available, 3/4 of price is there
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:04 AM
pwy
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
Sorry about your loss. I agree that those sticks should have been solid and not hollow. It is too risky making them hollow and threading them so they can be screwed into the gimbal body.
I may not always agree with what the manufacturers do but in this case I have to side with Jeti. There was one single failure and suddenly everyone is an expert in gimbal design and knew all along that this was a big manufacturing problem.

Of course it sucks, especially for Jack, and of course it should not happen but let Jeti do their job and look at it first. They may identify a problem and make changes but they may also find that this was some of these freakish 1 to 1 million coincidences which sometimes just happen. For example some invisible shipping damage combined with material defect and full moon.

If it would have been a simple receiver failure that would have been accepted as an unfortunate component failure but only because it looks more spectacular that doesn't mean it's anything more serious.

And btw from the 5 transmitters I have here, 2 have what looks like aluminium sticks and 3 have plastic sticks. All are screwed into the gimbal and all 5 are hollow. Seems to be a very common method to build gimbal sticks.....
pwy is offline Find More Posts by pwy
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:20 AM
Germany (Black Forest, Alps, Vosges)
Joined Dec 2009
60 Posts
....what about the scratches? Are they from your "normal" use?

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...7530-156-1.jpg

Greets Christian, 271h without problems with his DC16....
christianka6cr is offline Find More Posts by christianka6cr
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:36 AM
Germany, BY, Bayreuth
Joined Sep 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianka6cr View Post
....what about the scratches? Are they from your "normal" use?

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...7530-156-1.jpg

Greets Christian, 271h without problems with his DC16....
They are not scratches, that's the protective plastic film attached to the display at the factory, I haven't taken the plastic off yet, i hope when i take the plastic off, there will be pristine display underneath, I may do that and post another photo. It has only been out of the box for few days. Have a better look. Thank you.

Greets Jack, 0h without problems with his DC16....
Jack320 is offline Find More Posts by Jack320
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:29 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
The sticks are hollow reason being so one can run wires through them for switch in sticks or pot in sticks.

I have used some of the best and most expensive radio on this planet and none compare to the d16. Best radio ever made point blank.

The main thing about jeti that I like is the fact that they do reply to costumers and they do take in consideration our wants and needs.
I ask for one feature to be added so I could control my cam gimbal from pot in stick. And to my surprise they add it in the new firmware.

Treat your transmitter with care and it shall last a long time. I have worked my gimbal stick hard with my big hefty fingers and it has not snapped.

The radio case that the dc16 is shipped in is fully padded. Even came with screen cloth and nice printed mat.

I have seen so many folks who break items by their own doing them make a commotion about manufactures fault.

Common sense should tell you if you handle the item roughly you will break it. Which is not manufactures fault.

If you are a seasoned rc flyer you should now that radio switches are delicate. A 2 or 3 pos switch can easily be snap off if not handle with care.
I have snapped off a few in my times. They are also hollow and thin,
Don't believe me ?

Try pulling back hard on one of the long 2 or 3 pos switch on any brand radio and see what happens.

No bias talk here. Just a bloke who is giving good credit to a great company that has a splendid customer service.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:26 PM
Joined Nov 2009
425 Posts
+1, hexa.
Well summarized!
Best Stephan (who has about 140 hours in flight on his DC16 w/o any issues - F3A, F5B, Jet, Speeder)
schiwo1 is offline Find More Posts by schiwo1