SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:49 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
What special features or behaviours are needed for marine use?
Any Jeti TX should be watertight for marine use!

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2011, 06:40 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
Juergen
I had written that suggestion for them already - to make a hole thru stick mechanics to the bottom, for the water to allow for passing out.. Since there is hall efect (contactless) sensing of stick position, perhaps it could be possible?
:-) Because, the best way to make anything water-tight, is a hole at the bottom.. (except boat itself but it is under water..).
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Feb 24, 2011, 07:55 AM
Joined Oct 2006
32 Posts
Quote:

Juergen
And I thought only the boat was meant to go on water !
asad is offline Find More Posts by asad
Old Feb 24, 2011, 08:06 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asad View Post
And I thought only the boat was meant to go on water !
Sorry you are completely wrong, because Jeti users also believe they can go on water.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:25 PM
BabyBootLegger
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
656 Posts
For marine use there would be software support.
I'm wondering if the radio could be upgraded to marine software when it becomes available from Jeti?
Regards,
Giovanni
sunworksco is offline Find More Posts by sunworksco
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:40 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale View Post
I
And I commend Jeti for putting the screen in the right place, unlike Hitec, Futaba, JR and Spektrum who all put them at the bottom.
Mike
Ahhh, I knew there had to be at least one other intelligent modeler....
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:49 PM
BabyBootLegger
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
656 Posts
Maybe I am crazy but I am going to take the electronics out of my 75MHz radio case and install them into a new case made out of aluminum and carbon fiber panels. I will then add the DX10t 2.4GHz TX module and telemetry with my iPhone. I can then use my radio for aircraft, marine and submarine. I will position the iPhone screen in the upper section of the case, just like the Jeti dc-16.
Regards,
Giovanni
sunworksco is offline Find More Posts by sunworksco
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:54 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
The FlySky DIY module, Rx and your selection of telemetry display would be a lot cheaper than hacking a DX10T into a Jeti case and iPhone.

http://www.flytron.com/rc-electronic...rssivolts.html
http://fpv-community.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=969
http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/frsky_..._project.shtml
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:52 PM
Europe - Belgium
Joined Mar 2005
1,521 Posts
Quote:
... it is not allowed to fly with Jeti in US because they didn't pass the required FCC tests..
Pls save time and effort for you to post this over and again & again, and for us to read this repetetive mantra untill doom day. Just place it above your avatar please

Another Jurgen.
Still in good spirit
Jurgen is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:23 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,504 Posts
I am an European too and I am worried about this lack of certification.
For me CE mark is simply void !
Our customs does not check in ANY WAY the conformity of asian 2.4GHz stuff ! And from here I can spread in the whole Europe equipment able to drop your planes from the sky.
Is this what you want? Please cease spreading this "we don't need FCC" nonsense ?!
I can block your Jeti with an Assan. Where is your next meeting to make a demo ?!
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Feb 25, 2011, 09:02 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,280 Posts
Quote:
I can block your Jeti with an Assan
Please provide proof that you can do that with an actual production Jeti module.
And I mean actual production, not the ones that were recalled two years or so ago because of a Jeti supplier delivering wrong components.

Quote:
And from here I can spread in the whole Europe equipment able to drop your planes from the sky.
Please provide proof that you can shoot down any name brand system with some other 2.4GHz RC system.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Feb 25, 2011, 09:21 AM
slope addict
Norway
Joined Apr 2006
34 Posts
Quote:
My fear is that we will all end up with touch screens in the future because designers and not users will incorporate them into all new products. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong because they are difficult/impossible to use without looking at them which is something you don't want to do when flying. Buttons and dials, OTOH can be accessed without taking your eye off the model allowing you to make minor trim/mixing adjustments in flight.
I totally agree with you on this.

One other thing to is that many touchscreens have problems operating properly in cold conditions. So flying in sub-zero conditions could give you trouble.

Quote:
And I commend Jeti for putting the screen in the right place, unlike Hitec, Futaba, JR and Spektrum who all put them at the bottom. I use a DX6i for indoor models and even changing model memories requires me to remove the neckstrap to see what's going on.

Mike
yes the placement of the screen is perfect, but the screen on the prototype looks to be have trouble with strong glare due to the high polished finish. I hope Jeti adresses this before sending the finished product to the market.
torgust is offline Find More Posts by torgust
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:06 AM
F4's Rock!
LA
Joined Apr 2010
7 Posts
I understand that the exclusive distributor for Jeti products is Hobby Lobby in TN. My sources tell me that they are not even considering importation of this fine piece of hardware. I am planning to get into the new 2.4 equipment very soon and want something like this. Jeti seems to be way ahead of the game with their technology.
Phantom Phixer is offline Find More Posts by Phantom Phixer
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:38 AM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Phixer View Post
Hobby Lobby...are not even considering importation of this fine piece of hardware
And they won't import it until Jeti decide to apply for FCC accreditation (or whatever the correct term is). Now Skyrock will tell you that Jeti did make an application some time back and it failed. But he's the only person in the world privy to this information and the truth would appear that Jeti are quite happy selling to the European market for the time being and are not prepared to waste money making an application when they are kept busy enough keeping up with demand over here. Perhaps this situation will change now that Jeti are going to be marketing their own transmitter instead of just modules to convert others, but you'll have to wait and see.

Mike
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:11 PM
Sunday flyer
Gdansk, Poland
Joined Aug 2007
177 Posts
Quote:
Now Skyrock will tell you that Jeti did make an application some time back and it failed.
In most cases it's harder to pass european compliance tests for wireless equipment than obtaining FCC compliance.

Michal
mikon is offline Find More Posts by mikon