SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:54 AM
Slovenia
Joined Jan 2009
63 Posts
Quote:
Voices and audio samples are generated using online Text-To-Speech engines.
All files are free for general use; distribution and modifications are allowed.
If you are going to use these samples in your own application or want to create
other additional sound files, please refer to the websites and terms of use of
these generators.

Language: CZ
Generator: http://www.acapela-box.com
Voice: Eliska

Language: EN
Generator: http://www.ivona.com/en/recordings
Voice: Jennifer

Language: DE
Voice: Marlene

Language: FR
Voice: Celine
Read file on you DC-16 sd card \Voice\Voices.txt
alfasud is offline Find More Posts by alfasud
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:05 PM
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasud View Post
Read file on you DC-16 sd card \Voice\Voices.txt
Thank you, this is excellent I will post your information all around the web.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:55 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Here is a pot in stick mod I done for camera gimbal control.
The dc do not have the option for assigning potentiometer to the stick only switch, 2 and 3 position. So now my pots can only function as a 2 or 3 position switch.
I ask jeti via email if they can add pot selection to sticks
if others are interested in having pots in stick for the dc16 they should send jeti an email. The more interest the faster they will add it to up coming firmware.
My pots are from graupner mc32 pot sticks.
Very easy mod just need to rim out the stop from inside a jeti switch stick and cut the stem off the graupner pot.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355136666.813464.jpg
Views: 160
Size: 65.6 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355136715.881088.jpg
Views: 177
Size: 50.0 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355136754.056748.jpg
Views: 165
Size: 104.4 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355136806.773121.jpg
Views: 177
Size: 46.6 KB
Description:
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Oct 2010
131 Posts
can anyone help with setting up the failsafe?
plingboot is offline Find More Posts by plingboot
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:12 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plingboot View Post
can anyone help with setting up the failsafe?
What do you want to know? It's done via the transmitter's virtual Jetibox just like in days of old. I've been told that this issue is being addressed and will probably be changed in the next firmware update or two.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:16 AM
Joined Oct 2010
131 Posts
@gordon, thanks for the reply. I've just switched to jeti from other makes, so don't have any previous experience to fall back on.

Basically on both an E9 and E18 i want a failsafe state where the throttle is at 50% and a flightmode (rth) switch is in a certain position.

Don't suppose you have any advice on allocating channels between two receivers in 'dual mode' too?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:20 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
What do you want to know? It's done via the transmitter's virtual Jetibox just like in days of old. I've been told that this issue is being addressed and will probably be changed in the next firmware update or two.
do you still have to set each channel rather than a sane system like pressing a button while you have the controls in the position you want?
satinet is offline Find More Posts by satinet
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:36 AM
Slovenia
Joined Jan 2009
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by satinet View Post
do you still have to set each channel rather than a sane system like pressing a button while you have the controls in the position you want?
Yes ! And this is very good thing.
All servo output have default FailSafe setting to keep current position. Via JetiBox emulation in DC/DS -16 you can set FailSafe position for just those servos you want to go to some preset position. Others should keep current positions. Consider this situation:
Big scale glider of some 20 kg of weight sitting on undercarriage. Power in the plane is on, as well as TX. You are on the break and waiting for your turn for tug.
Now, what will happen when you turn off first TX and then Rx. FailSafe will kick on. If you set undercarriage servo to keep current position, all will be good. But if you set this servo to upper FailSafe position, you will have problem. Imagine same scenario with big scale Mustang.
So, if your only option is to set ALL servos FailSafe to preset position, like some other brands, this is bad. Jeti has much better solution.
You can set "Signal Fault Delay" too. This is time between signal loss and FailSafe action, default is 1,5 sec.

Correction: Individual output in Jeti Rx can be set to three (3) settings:
1 - Keep current position (default)
2 - Go to preset position
3 - Output is switched off

Every Jeti rx has manual included, or you can download it here http://www.jetimodel.com/data_downlo...1-07-en-de.zip
alfasud is offline Find More Posts by alfasud
Last edited by alfasud; Dec 12, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:22 AM
Joined Oct 2010
131 Posts
Kinda figured out the failsafe set-up procedure now.

Without malice - it does seem to standout from the rest of the DC-16 interface as being a bit odd.

I like the like the fact you can tune each channel's reaction for the failsafe condition, but it would be good to rework the interface (for such an important function) into something a little more clear and intuitive for those of us who are new to jeti products.

Finally for now, still not worked out how to allocate channels in dual receiver mode… anyone have any thoughts?

I'm wanting to have two receivers on my multirotor setup - one for the MC and the other for the gimbal control unit - i need to separate the two for transportation hence the requirement.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:43 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Simply bind 2 receivers to the transmitter. One receiver as a master and one as a clone. Clones don't talk back.

In the receiver programming you can set an input channel for each if the output channels.

A handy way of having multiple servos connected to a single input channel IE dual elevator servos. A handy way of getting more outputs from low channel count receivers (2 6's make a 12). A handy way of distributing systems around a physically large system.
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:53 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,108 Posts
pling - the failsafe interface will be upgraded at some point, but for now, it's easy enough once you've done it a couple of times. Wildpalms is right about setting one Rx as clone, just remember that once it's in clone mode, you can't change anything and that you'll need to connect an 'old style' Jetibox to it in order to switch it back to normal mode for changes.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:01 AM
USN (retired)
Idaho
Joined Jul 2007
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTarling View Post
pling - the failsafe interface will be upgraded at some point, but for now, it's easy enough once you've done it a couple of times. Wildpalms is right about setting one Rx as clone, just remember that once it's in clone mode, you can't change anything and that you'll need to connect an 'old style' Jetibox to it in order to switch it back to normal mode for changes.
Why is the 'old style' Jetibox needed to switch it back?
flymustangs is offline Find More Posts by flymustangs
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:52 AM
One cell short of a Pack
Good ole Smithsburg, MD
Joined Mar 2007
1,905 Posts
Does the Transmitter come with the button and toggle switch installed on the sticks? I couldn't find anything that confirms nor denies this.....

Cheers,
Steve
steve1814 is online now Find More Posts by steve1814
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:57 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,068 Posts
Negative, it comes blank I believe and if you want to buy the buttons/switches you can purchase them here.

http://www.espritmodel.com/transmitt...ries-jeti.aspx
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:45 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Would be nice to have a multirotor icon other than plane and heli.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa