HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:12 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Nothing as fancy as logical switches needed. Simple use of function curves with their delays. DC-16 is great as simple things really do end up simple to do :-)

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:10 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2005
323 Posts
The manual does not address how to set up flaps or flaperons on an acro nor can I find what features the radio has for multiengne planes. I did use the Adobe search feature in the manual. Can point me in the right direction. Pershaps the flaps can be done but they are not addressed on a single page like the JR. Thanks

Howard
Howard L is offline Find More Posts by Howard L
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:18 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard L View Post
The manual does not address how to set up flaps or flaperons on an acro nor can I find what features the radio has for multiengne planes. I did use the Adobe search feature in the manual. Can point me in the right direction. Pershaps the flaps can be done but they are not addressed on a single page like the JR. Thanks

Howard
How simple do you want multi engines?

Simple version is you tell it how many engines you have in the basic setup. Each servo can be adjusted. Only one function curve for both though.

Still simple would be to have a single engine in basic setup. Add a new function 'T2' controlled by same stick. You then have a function curve for 'throttle' and 'T2'. If flying IC this would let you balance out RPM on each side.

Dave
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:31 PM
France, IdF, Sucy-en-Brie
Joined Apr 2006
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard L View Post
The manual does not address how to set up flaps or flaperons...Pershaps the flaps can be done but they are not addressed on a single page like the JR.
Hi,

take a look at the 'Butterfly' menu

Cheers

Pascal
pdugue is offline Find More Posts by pdugue
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:01 PM
United States, OH, Cuyahoga Falls
Joined Apr 2006
224 Posts
Hi,

I have a few questions about some features that I want to compare wth the MC32. In the MC32, they speak about"As many as four servos can be controlled simultaneously as a block in the SAME operating mode with a servo cycle time of 10 ms (digital servos only)." Is there the same feature on the DC-16?
Also, is the telemetry saved on the micro sd card so one can review it after the flight is over?

Thanks a lot,

Le fou
le fou is offline Find More Posts by le fou
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Apr 2006
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by le fou View Post
In the MC32, they speak about"As many as four servos can be controlled simultaneously as a block in the SAME operating mode with a servo cycle time of 10 ms (digital servos only)." Is there the same feature on the DC-16?
Jeti doesn't communicate about cycle time for that configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le fou View Post
is the telemetry saved on the micro sd card so one can review it after the flight is over?
Yes, using Jeti Flight Monitor software.

Regards

Pascal
Last edited by pdugue; Oct 23, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:27 AM
France
Joined Aug 2010
11 Posts
Programming helicopter

hello everyone.

Have you test to program a helicopter with the jeti Dc-16? Is it simple? Or Futaba 8FGs is more simple? How do you made this programmation?
In the futur I think to do a Bell 222 on a trex600 and I hesitate between Dc-16 or 8fgs. I have at this time a Multiplex RP16 but for helicos is an horror.

Thank you for you're help.

Steph.
sash28 is offline Find More Posts by sash28
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Apr 2006
27 Posts
Hi,

I used to fly TRex450 , Trex600 and Raptor 50 with Futaba T10 so trust me: programming the dc-16 for helis is a piece of cake

Regards

Pascal
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:00 PM
Almada - Portugal
Joined Oct 2004
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sash28 View Post
hello everyone.

Have you test to program a helicopter with the jeti Dc-16? Is it simple? Or Futaba 8FGs is more simple? How do you made this programmation?
In the futur I think to do a Bell 222 on a trex600 and I hesitate between Dc-16 or 8fgs. I have at this time a Multiplex RP16 but for helicos is an horror.

Thank you for you're help.

Steph.
It's not such a horror, despite the lack of some modern programming options, you just have to stop thinking general futaba concepts of doing things.
Rpinto is offline Find More Posts by Rpinto
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:25 PM
Fl
Joined Apr 2003
275 Posts
heli programing is absolutely no problem.. easy and flexible...
larryfl1 is offline Find More Posts by larryfl1
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:33 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryfl1 View Post
in the direct mode it doesnt let you pick the 20ms...thats all suppressed..

someone in the jeti forum said due to the 16 channels direct was pushing 30ms by default...not really sure...

prior to computed and 20 i received a few errors on the vbar complaining about the signal input

Larry
I stuck the RSat output on the oscilloscope to see what we get and errors make sense. In direct mode the frames are very widely spaced and varying in time. More often than not well past 20ms spacing.

In computed mode outputting 8 channels in 20ms I got dead on 20ms spacing. Only downside would be that you introduce an extra delay in stick to output but I think this latency stuff is sometimes a little overrated :-)

Dave
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:37 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
I've only done one helicopter. MSH Protos with flybar. Very easy to setup. Can't speak for Futaba but I never remembered having trouble doing helis on my old Multiplex Evo 9 (been a few years as I upgraded to Profi 4000).

Dave
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:18 AM
France
Joined Aug 2010
11 Posts
I think is my brain is in trouble!!
sash28 is offline Find More Posts by sash28
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Sep 2004
15 Posts
Hi,
I have a questions,about wireless mode "double path",anyone know how to use ?
coldsteel is offline Find More Posts by coldsteel
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:49 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
I've used it on the bench. Selected that mode and used it. Just two receivers bound to two TX modules.

In testing I set each receiver up to output different inputs so I could see them running in parallel.

In reality you would make each receiver output the same and connect the pairs of outputs to a servo through enlink units. All depends on how you want to handle redundancy onboard.

Dave