Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:35 PM
Joined May 2010
1,678 Posts
Another video, we are up to number 6.

Zb/Esprit Model

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-cz.aspx

Also special Jeti USA web site is done.
http://www.jetiusa.com/

Jeti DC 16 Programming Part 6 (16 min 51 sec)
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:03 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissman View Post
Hello I am creating software for Jeti Dx-16 (DC16 & DS16)... if anyone interested, leave a comment...

Program can setup every function of radio, do backups, extract telemetry data, install and edit languages and much more stay tuned.

(i am not employee of Jeti, just my hobby...)
Is there any public API/SDK?
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jul 03, 2012, 02:46 AM
Hampshire, U.K.
Joined Jun 2008
1,896 Posts
Zb, thanks for posting the videos - they have answered a lot of questions and I am impressed by what I have seen so far. I do have a couple of follow on questions:

i) Timers
Is there a countdown timer mode which can be set to give a warning beep with 2 minutes remaining, then beep again at 1 minute then at 10 second intervals etc.?

ii) Servo monitor
The servo monitor shows servo position as a percentage. In order to make sure that I set up my models to work exactly as they do now with my Jeti-equipped Multiplex 3030, I would like to set servo throws and centres by pulse width, as shown on the JetiBox. Is it possible to show pulse width values on the Tx? If not, can the JetiBox be plugged into the Tx to display them? I'm trying to avoid having to plug the JetiBox into the Rx because some of my receivers are pretty inaccessible and also it would be nice to be able to do get most of the programming done before having to re-bind the Rx to the new transmitter.
Trevorh is offline Find More Posts by Trevorh
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:19 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,118 Posts
Trevor - I'll leave Zb to answer your query about the timers, but from the video, they look very versatile. As for setting up your existing models on the DC-16, it seems to me that channel allocations are different to some existing transmitters, so I envisage some servo plug swapping at the receiver being required anyway. If you've got to do that, then you may as well plug the Jetibox in, or do what I've done in a couple of my models, which is to fit an extension lead to the receiver port that's then left stowed in a more convenient location.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Feb 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorh View Post

ii) Servo monitor
The servo monitor shows servo position as a percentage. In order to make sure that I set up my models to work exactly as they do now with my Jeti-equipped Multiplex 3030, I would like to set servo throws and centres by pulse width, as shown on the JetiBox. Is it possible to show pulse width values on the Tx? If not, can the JetiBox be plugged into the Tx to display them? I'm trying to avoid having to plug the JetiBox into the Rx because some of my receivers are pretty inaccessible and also it would be nice to be able to do get most of the programming done before having to re-bind the Rx to the new transmitter.
I've been using one of these
http://cats-whisker.com/web/node/7
It's a LCD display that you can plug into your RX servo outputs and displays the pulse width sent from your TX.
You them just unplug each servo in turn and plug the LCD in via a standard Futaba to Futaba plug to plug lead. You then can measure the mid point and end points in usecs with your existing TX then using your new TX to duplicate the same readings by adjusting, centre and endpoints.
If you have mixers you have to take that into account.
I've used it on my Quadcopter to transfer info from my Cockpit SX to my MC4000.

David.
f3fisa is offline Find More Posts by f3fisa
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:03 AM
Joined Feb 2006
75 Posts
Just learnt that Puffin Models will not have stock in UK, till end of July. One reason is no English manual yet.

David.
f3fisa is offline Find More Posts by f3fisa
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined May 2010
1,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f3fisa View Post
Just learnt that Puffin Models will not have stock in UK, till end of July. One reason is no English manual yet.

David.
That's what we are working on right now. First 1/2 should be out next week.

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:57 PM
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Joined Apr 2000
1,783 Posts
Anyone care to share the FCC ident for this radio?
teamdavey is online now Find More Posts by teamdavey
Old Jul 04, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined May 2010
1,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdavey View Post
Anyone care to share the FCC ident for this radio?
You have to wait for next 2-3 weeks, ones we are done with full certification.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:20 AM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,876 Posts
Re: Jeti,
I was under the impression Jeti was not interested in the US market when they failed to get FCC cert. for their 2.4ghz modules/receivers & acessories.
Then when the new Tx is announced two styles are developed (tray & std.) so I wonder if that shows that Jeti is thinking of the US market?
ZB, can I ask if you are personally pursuing the FCC cert. ?
Either way,Jim must be sweating.
Skies
J.
AirBornOne is online now Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined May 2010
1,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBornOne View Post
Re: Jeti,
I was under the impression Jeti was not interested in the US market when they failed to get FCC cert. for their 2.4ghz modules/receivers & acessories.
Then when the new Tx is announced two styles are developed (tray & std.) so I wonder if that shows that Jeti is thinking of the US market?
ZB, can I ask if you are personally pursuing the FCC cert. ?
Either way,Jim must be sweating.
Skies
J.
Jeti is small highly innovative company and as any small company they have to manage they resources. There is only so much going around, FCC was not a priority. CE certification covers 95% of the planet.

We are Jeti USA and we are certifying all Jeti products.
www.JetiUSA.com

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:44 AM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Jan 2006
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f3fisa View Post

David.
just take the german maual into a pdf translator and u got almost a correct english manual
tomin is offline Find More Posts by tomin
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:51 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Jeti is small highly innovative company and as any small company they have to manage they resources. There is only so much going around, FCC was not a priority. CE certification covers 95% of the planet.

We are Jeti USA and we are certifying all Jeti products.
www.JetiUSA.com

Zb/Esprit Model
You should first certify and then import/invest in marketing.
As far as I know, previously wasn't a lack of interest, but failure to certificate their telemetry receivers due to RF spits not complying with FCC.
If receivers are the same, a new radio will not solve this issue.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Oct 2009
12 Posts
Hi

I have just recieved my new DS16, and it is great. Very good finish and the programing is just as easy as the videos show. It can do 1000 things, and I Think I will use a lot of them, because it is so easy.

English manual will be ready for download in ~14 days, from Jeti website
Hans Andersen is offline Find More Posts by Hans Andersen