SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:46 PM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
Servo monitor is a nice feature. Unfortunately, Jeti displays Ch numbers only. In 2012, I expect more:

http://www.topmodel.fr/pics_nahledy/...327928_548.jpg
What do you mean Pippin? I could see direction & % of travel in the link you posted.
Skies
Jay.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:46 PM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,100 Posts
It would be wise if they deliver also Jeti transmitter in the range of Spectrum DX7 or DX8...with 30 presets.

I have 12x Jeti 2.4 receivers and use a Graupner MC-19. Once this MC-19 is at its end... I am unwilling to pay + Euro 800 for a new transmitter.
These new transmitters are way cool, but "way overpowered" for a regular hobby flyer.

So I hope... Jeti also will bring out DX7 or DX8 equal product...but then with 30presets or more.
TreeDiver is online now Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:33 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBornOne View Post
What do you mean Pippin? I could see direction & % of travel in the link you posted.
I suspect he means that instead of the channel number the control/mixer name is given i.e. "Aileron" or "Right Flaperon" rather than Ch 2, 3 etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeDiver View Post
It would be wise if they deliver also Jeti transmitter in the range of Spectrum DX7 or DX8...with 30 presets.

I have 12x Jeti 2.4 receivers and use a Graupner MC-19. Once this MC-19 is at its end... I am unwilling to pay + Euro 800 for a new transmitter.
These new transmitters are way cool, but "way overpowered" for a regular hobby flyer.
From what I remember they have stated that is their intention in 2013, though whether it will happen is anyone's guess; I suspect it's very difficult for a company like Jeti to compete with the big boys (Spektrum, Futaba etc.) at that lower price point because of the economies of scale they can leverage.
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MattyB; Mar 28, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:10 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,100 Posts
The DX7 cost arround Euro 275-- and if the Jeti (with equal features) would be Euro 350-- that is no big deal for most IMO. So I hope they build one...because I do not see me spending over Euro 800 for a transmitter. Then it is more cost effective to switch brand and sell all my Jeti receivers and use Spectrum.

But for now... I am good ....my MC-19 still working and Jeti 2.4 works well
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:52 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,632 Posts
Quote:
The DX7 cost arround Euro 275-- and if the Jeti (with equal features) would be Euro 350-- that is no big deal for most IMO. So I hope they build one...because I do not see me spending over Euro 800 for a transmitter. Then it is more cost effective to switch brand and sell all my Jeti receivers and use Spectrum.
Personally if I'm spending more I'd be looking to get more in terms of TX functionality. The fact that Jeti have a more reliable RF implementation than DSM2/DSMX (ducks for cover...! ) alone wouldn't be enough for most fliers to justify the extra expense, particularly when DSM2 has a number of convenience advanges (BNF, lots of peer users in the club who can help with issues etc). For that reason I think the programming and mixing capabilities would need to be significantly better than the equivalent Spektrum for it to gain traction (as indeed they are for the Aurora 9 which has managed to gain a pretty big following).

Quote:
But for now... I am good ....my MC-19 still working and Jeti 2.4 works well
Yeah, I thought I would have to bin my Evo to move forward but having added a FrSky DHT-U with telemetry I'm not sure I will need a new TX in the near term either! Must be a bit of a headache for the manufacturers working out how to prise our old gear from our hands...
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My OpenTX Taranis templates...
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:52 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,100 Posts
During flight I can't look at the display to see all information that is send back............LoL

The REX5 35mhz did cost Euro 39 and the Jeti-5 2.4 Euro 60--
I don't understand why it has to be so expensive, but okay......................that is another discussion.

Disadvantage of the DX7 is the amount of memories. Apart from that, it does all the things you need (for a normal sports flyer). IMO best selling transmitter ever.

So if Jeti brings out the same type of transmitter, but then with 30 memories or more... I will buy it.

If they stick with only expensive transmitter models, for sure I switch from brand.
Hobby RC flyer after all
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:27 PM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
I suspect he means that instead of the channel number the control/mixer name is given i.e. "Aileron" or "Right Flaperon" rather than Ch 2, 3 etc.
Actually,checking the graphic I posted,only channel #'s are listed.No mention of function name.

Quote:
Yeah, I thought I would have to bin my Evo to move forward but having added a FrSky DHT-U with telemetry I'm not sure I will need a new TX in the near term either!
Tell me how you like the FrSky operation Matty,and what Evo and # of channels you have. TY

Quote:
Disadvantage of the DX7 is the amount of memories. Apart from that, it does all the things you need (for a normal sports flyer).
Unless you fly sailplanes.No sailplane mixes in the DX-7 so I dumped mine.
I don't know if I could/would spend 800+ Euro on a radio. With Futaba S-bus and programmable servos I can operate my 14 servo 6m Nimbus on 8 channels.
I like doing more with less.It's a kind of hobby with me.
Skies
Jay
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:55 PM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,100 Posts
There are all kind of RC users. Some are willing to spend Euro 800+

But, they must not forget the other "less" demanding users...
they are already happy with a normal Jeti transmitter that can compete with Spectrum DX7 DX8

Well.... I have time. My MC-19 works fine in combination with the Jeti module. So nothing to complane about. Future will tell
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:09 PM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
So those much_less demanding, may try Turnigy 9x - with ER9x and Duplex it supports 16 servos and telemetry (Jetibox emulated on the Tx screen directly).
But yes I see, there is some room, for the tx class in between 60 and 800 euros...
..but there the Multiplex Evo/PRO 7/9/12, working like a charm -the EX version of TMe, with telemetry support, would fill the gap very well. Perhaps some others as well, perhaps with Profi Box mounted on top where no display exist at the place where it should be.

btw, Duplex receiver allows much stronger programming of outputs than s.bus servos, so you may workaround some missing channels - if necessary.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Feb 2004
227 Posts
Hi All,

I am after some background info and views on the reliability of the Jeti Duplex system as compared to the other systems on the market.
Let me explain a little I am just about to but a new transmitter as I feel my MX22 has had a hard life and will sooner or later let me down, it is currently using a 9 channel spektrum module which has performed very well on a vast variety of models however I would like to take advantage of the telemetry that the new TX offers but after being 'burned' very badly by the XPS system when it was new I dont want to invest to heavily in a not very reliable system.
Also I see the spektrum brand with all the low cost satellites giving better/varied reception to the TX signal however at first glance the Jeti system doesn't advertise satellites for the low to mid range receivers so I presume they are not needed?
Any views or help would be appreciated.
Rob
Eddie-extra is offline Find More Posts by Eddie-extra
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:39 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,508 Posts
Spektrum use satellites because is the only way for the lame electronics they use to achieve a decent range.
All the modern RF systems based on CC2500 family of chips, used by Hitec, Frsky and Graupner, and many other followers are so advanced that can go at 2km with a single antenna. Actually, for this radio systems class indoor receivers are defined only by size because the range is as full range systems.
Unfortunately Jeti decided to keep its older *Bee based RF technology, which is a bit outdated technologically. What is a surprising coincidence is that XPS too continue to use another variation of *Bee technology, this being the main fact that keep me distant of Jeti system so far.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:06 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
What a fool conclusions..
There is no big difference between leading brands of chip manufacturers, but there is difference between signal from single antenna located in some certain positions, and the signal choosen from two separate antennas where at least one of them is not located in very bad direction to signal source (tx).
That is why satellite receivers do exist - to fill the gaps in antenna gain.
There are three major causes of missing signal: antenna gain, polarisation, and signal shadow either direct, either caused by multipath.
The first two are solved by two perpendictual antennas, and third by moving those two into a bit different physical locations.
If there is huge carbon wing or something, more than two may be bennefit - so Jeti allows to use up to 6 antennas in single system (2x at main and 2x 2 satellites), or even 8 (2x 2 main receivers interconnected, each with 2x antenna on satellite).
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=328
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:13 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie-extra View Post
Also I see the spektrum brand with all the low cost satellites giving better/varied reception to the TX signal however at first glance the Jeti system doesn't advertise satellites for the low to mid range receivers so I presume they are not needed?
Any views or help would be appreciated.
Rob
Each Jeti receiver has two separate antennas even the smallest indoor or even the satellite - which makes use of additional satellites void for normaly sized model.
Spektrum has many receivers with single antenna only, where satellite is necessary to label that rx "full range".
Futaba has some new tiny receivers with single antenna, each of them labeled Parkfly, just because of this (range of them in good antenna positions is exactly equal to bigger receivers)..
Hitec and XPS are trying to say that single antenna is magic and sufficient for full range - just the marketting hype IMHO.
Even if the single antenna is almost allways sufficient in normal environment and flying at the range of human eyes, there is the difference.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:46 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,508 Posts
coro, all the above are based on old approach of linear polarization, which is on the way to become history.
Try to explain with this theory how 6km range can be acheved using a single circular polarized antenna, please. No booster, no patch, omni antennas at both sides.
And no range reduction whatever is the plane position.
And Spektrum RF itself system is really weak, get schemes from FCC, and ask some electronist to explain how that design can't compete with last years chips even with NORAD matrix antenna field.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:46 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
possible new Jeti tx for jet pilots

There is rumurs of a new version of the Jeti Tx with 2 transmitter modules especially for jet pilots;

quote "
Interestingly, I found the testimony of a counselor at the hacker level, that a variant of the station is planned to be equipped with two RF modules and two antennas. Both antennas are integrated in the handle.They want to meet a requirement of the jet pilots who want an even better quality and range of the radio link. Otherwise one can only confirm most of them here been said. The thing is mechanically constructed of high quality. Hopefully the software is second to none. I think it's worth waiting for.

Greeting Andi "
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth