HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:20 PM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gedaso View Post
Can you provide any feedback on the software - is it anything like MPX radios or is it more like japanese sets ? Do you think it wil be more powerful and flexible than an MC4000 ?
I think you'll be very lucky if anyone who's seen the Jeti's software will tell you about it; it's quite clear they don't intend to let much slip before launch day, especially after the negative forum reaction to the v1.0 software in Mpx's recent Profi announcement.
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My OpenTX Taranis templates...
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:57 AM
Joined Jan 2009
177 Posts
Hi,

Jeti announced and showed their first transmitter in Nuerberg 2/2011; Jeti started at "Zero"; having no hardware, sofware etc. The DC-16 shall come now in 5/2012; that is 15 month after shwoing the first time. This is really very very good; see other companies

- MC-32 was shown in 2008/2009
- Spektrum DX 10 was shown Nurenberg 2010

etc.

so MC-32 is possible to buy since 3 month.. about 3,5 years after first showing; 2 years for Spektrum DX-10. And see MC-32... one update after the other during only a few month.

So 15 month for Jeti DC-16 is good !!

Regards

Test
Test is offline Find More Posts by Test
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:22 AM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait - its easily the nicest looking bit of kit out there and you can be sure they will deliver a very complete product... and I can't afford one woohoo!!
big bird is offline Find More Posts by big bird
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:13 AM
Hampshire, U.K.
Joined Jun 2008
1,881 Posts
Having just once again gone through the tedious business of setting up the failsafe values on a new Rx, channel by channel, using the JetiBox, it occurred to me that I don't recall reading any description or discussion of how the new Tx might make programming the Rx feel a little less primitive.

At the moment I use a separate memory on my MPX3030 for every model I fly. If it was easier to set up things such as simple mixes, servo travel, centre and reverse in the Rx (i.e. all those things we used to do mechanically before these fancy transmitters came along!) then the transmitter could arguably go back to what it was originally supposed to do, i.e. transmit your control inputs to the plane, leaving the onboard avionics to translate these control inputs into the appropriate control surface movements.

That for me would make the Duplex nature of this system really earn its keep, arguably more than the in flight telemetry - but maybe that's a step too far?
Trevorh is offline Find More Posts by Trevorh
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:38 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorh View Post
Having just once again gone through the tedious business of setting up the failsafe values on a new Rx, channel by channel, using the JetiBox, it occurred to me that I don't recall reading any description or discussion of how the new Tx might make programming the Rx feel a little less primitive.
Wow, is that true? I've never flown Jeti stuff, but as a prospective buyer that would put me off a bit. It seems so cumbersome compared to my FrSky converted Evo; that can set the failsafe stuff up in a single button press! I'm sure in a radio this expensive though they'll take the chance to address this issue... Fingers crossed!

Quote:
At the moment I use a separate memory on my MPX3030 for every model I fly. If it was easier to set up things such as simple mixes, servo travel, centre and reverse in the Rx (i.e. all those things we used to do mechanically before these fancy transmitters came along!) then the transmitter could arguably go back to what it was originally supposed to do, i.e. transmit your control inputs to the plane, leaving the onboard avionics to translate these control inputs into the appropriate control surface movements.

That for me would make the Duplex nature of this system really earn its keep, arguably more than the in flight telemetry - but maybe that's a step too far?
An intriguing approach, but there are some issues I can see...
  1. The receiver would have to be more complex, and more complexity probably means more /$/Euros;
  2. Upgrades would be more time consuming - rather than plugging my TX into a PC to flash the firmware, I now have to do it for every receiver. Whilst I appreciate this isn't an uncommon thing to do now with many 2.4 systems, many pilots are still not used to it and are used to "fit and forget" style RXs that they bury in inaccessible places. This would therefore be difficult to sell to them as an improvement over what they have now.
Matt
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MattyB; Mar 05, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:05 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,105 Posts
Matt - what Trevor said about setting the failsafe is all true - a royal pain!
As to his wishlist - most of what he's asking is already available in the receiver and probably wouldn't actually take a lot more to enable the rest. What makes it almost unusable is that it all needs to be set in similar manner to the failsafe. If Jeti take things seriously, I'm sure this issue will have been addressed. Also, there's no real reason I can think of why the receivers can't be updated wirelessly, but maybe someone else knows more about this.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:06 AM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,872 Posts
I'm still checking in on this thread once in awhile as well as some other telemetry technology discussions.
Which leads me up to a basic question, does anyone here enjoy flying?
What kind of 'flight experience' can you have with all this flight management going on?
The technology is fantastic but anymore than a voltage readout occasionally, or some other parameter I could be curious about, makes this all feel like driving down the road engaged on the cellphone.Checking email.
So...does anyone here simply enjoy the flying experience anymore?
(Actually,I do realize that there is a broad spectrum of interests being served in our RC activities.And to each their own.So think of this question in the sense of a poll.Which I guess means I could have asked it somewhere else. Sorry).
Skies.
Jay.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:35 AM
HyperFlight Support
United Kingdom, England, Stratford-upon-Avon
Joined Feb 2001
3,893 Posts
Yes I enjoying flying my DLGs with the Duplex sensors. I check the receiver voltage before launches, and the height after most discus launches, and sometimes while thermaling. I switched off most of the audio beeps as they were indeed distracting, but glancing quickly at the Jeti box on the transmitter is natural and easy.

Neil.
Neil Stainton is offline Find More Posts by Neil Stainton
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:26 PM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
Quote:

I have a JetiBox Profi and I have been testing the system. To answer your question about programming a duplex Rx from a Tx, Yes it can be done.
My Futaba 9c is now fitted with a JetiBox Profi. The Profi is set to "Tx Module Mode". From the Profi screen you can view and set any Rx (and module) parameters wireless. Just managed to set a servo reverse and failsafe.
The Rx menu's are tricky to navigate and you need a 'map' off the Jeti website to help you. The failsafe setting is buried too deep in the menu. This will probably be fixed at a later date with a firmware upgrade.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1607642
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:12 AM
Suisse vaud
Joined Aug 2010
12 Posts
flightmonitor ca bouge !!!

http://jetimodel.com/index.php?page=product&id=236

yves2000_ch is offline Find More Posts by yves2000_ch
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:30 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,298 Posts
Quote:
Which leads me up to a basic question, does anyone here enjoy flying?
Of course! I set up my stuff once, and when it works, there is no need to touch it ever again. In fact, with the Jeti telemetry, I enjoy my flying even more, as I know, and do not just have to assume, that everything is working correctly as long as no alarm is audible.
Especially with the capacity telemetry, I can ejoy electric flying much more than before, as I always have certainty about the state of charge of the pack.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Mar 08, 2012, 05:37 AM
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
FlightMonitor is available for download - NOW

http://www.jetimodel.com/index.php?page=product&id=236

It runs on windows 7 64 bit ok.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 06:08 AM
HyperFlight Support
United Kingdom, England, Stratford-upon-Avon
Joined Feb 2001
3,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceHaworth View Post
FlightMonitor is available for download - NOW
http://www.jetimodel.com/index.php?page=product&id=236
It runs on windows 7 64 bit ok.
What does it do? What hardware is required?

Neil.
Neil Stainton is offline Find More Posts by Neil Stainton
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:00 AM
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
If you have Jeti Duplex Rx with an Ex sensor in your model and a JetiBox Profi then you can play back your data at home after a flight. It links to google earth to overlay your track if you use MGPS, you can review a Lipo battery state (MUL 6s), height with Mvario etc.

There is an option for using a JetiBox Profi in monitor mode connected to a laptop for display at a gliding competition or realtime display on a large screen at a show etc..
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:10 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,105 Posts
Jay - like the others have said, I still very much enjoy flying. I fly three models which are over 7kg and normally restricted to a maximum height of 400 feet in the UK - I'm now installing the vario sensor in them and setting the height alarm for 120m, thus helping me to stay legal. Voltage feedback is also very valuable.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling