HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2012, 10:42 AM
France, IdF, Courbevoie
Joined Jan 2008
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
You need to talk to your local office. The Germans control this radio, not us.

Those are an option. The stock sticks include two momentary switches each (top and side away from the pilot). The orange sticks have a 3-pos switch in the top, mostly for the glider and jet people. The AirWare supports both types, it just needs to be told which is installed so it knows how they need to be interpreted.

Andy
Thank you very much for the quick answers Andy, the sentence "Germans control this radio, not us" sound strange for me but it's ok. I'm just now waiting for the release of this transmitter on the French territory to be one of the first to buy it and be happy

Regards

Scuba13
scuba13 is offline Find More Posts by scuba13
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:27 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiNa1971 View Post
I think you can't compare JETI nor MPX nor any other RC producers to Apple, Amazon etc. In comparison with them they are just companies that operate in a garage with tiny user's/customer's base. They don't have a comparable budget for PR/marketing there are no managers responsible for product release and so on.
Yeah, you are probably right. All I would say is that the Multiplex Profi announcement proves that small companies with no experience of social media marketing should probably buy in some expertise before they try a Facebook campaign! ::
MattyB is offline Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My OpenTX Taranis templates...
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:30 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba13 View Post
Thank you very much for the quick answers Andy, the sentence "Germans control this radio, not us" sound strange for me
We have offices around the world. The German office handles it because of the strong German influence and desire for the tray format. It makes sense - they are the ones who best understand what is desired in a tray radio.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 09, 2012, 04:58 PM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
Yeah, you are probably right. All I would say is that the Multiplex Profi announcement proves that small companies with no experience of social media marketing should probably buy in some expertise before they try a Facebook campaign! ::
Since I don't use facebook I don't understand what you think MPX has done so wrong. Were you expecting to be able to buy one already?

Mike
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Feb 09, 2012, 06:19 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Joined Jan 2004
3,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale View Post
Since I don't use facebook I don't understand what you think MPX has done so wrong. Were you expecting to be able to buy one already?

Mike
Just that social media teaser style campaigns like they ran are really designed to build anticipation of an imminent product launch. The problem here was the product was not ready for release, so the anticipation built by the jigsaw and "return of a legend" tagline quickly turned into disappointment.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:06 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Joined Jan 2004
3,602 Posts
Quote:
FWIK there are no problems with suppliers on Jeti's side. They just want to be sure their product is going to be 100% when it hits the market. They've invested lots of money and time to their new TXs and in case of failure it'd be the end of Jeti as we know them. They are polishing and adding new features suggested by beta testers to FW now.

Martin
http://www.PiNa.cz
Martin, as you seem to be a man in the know can you tell us whether Jeti intend to release the DS and DC variants together, or will they be separated by some months? As a thumbs flier it's the DS I'm most interested in, but reading between the lines it sounds like that will be later to market. Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:52 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,435 Posts
That info is available on the Jeti website...:

http://www.jetimodel.cz/index.php?page=article&id=25
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:20 AM
Czech Republic, Hlavní město Praha, Prague
Joined Jul 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Martin, as you seem to be a man in the know can you tell us whether Jeti intend to release the DS and DC variants together, or will they be separated by some months? As a thumbs flier it's the DS I'm most interested in, but reading between the lines it sounds like that will be later to market. Thanks!
First there will be release of the DC and the DS will follow "shortly" ...

Martin
PiNa is offline Find More Posts by PiNa
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:56 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Just that social media teaser style campaigns like they ran are really designed to build anticipation of an imminent product launch. The problem here was the product was not ready for release, so the anticipation built by the jigsaw and "return of a legend" tagline quickly turned into disappointment.
Multiplex not the only ones. The toy fair is where you release new lines that may well not be ready for immediate release. Most new toy lines for example used to launched at these events with a view to getting them in the shops for the following Christmas. It will be several months for example before they appear in the press.

Jeti used last years event to launch their transmitter even though I had seen shots of it several months earlier.

At least Multiplex releasing some of the proper features for thier sets. Even though Jeti must have some software for people to use all I keep seeing is what the hardware features are. I want to know about mixing, logic switches, curves, in flight adjustment etc.

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:22 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Joined Jan 2004
3,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WimH View Post
That info is available on the Jeti website...:

http://www.jetimodel.cz/index.php?page=article&id=25
Many thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:49 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Joined Jan 2004
3,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Multiplex not the only ones. The toy fair is where you release new lines that may well not be ready for immediate release. Most new toy lines for example used to launched at these events with a view to getting them in the shops for the following Christmas. It will be several months for example before they appear in the press.

Jeti used last years event to launch their transmitter even though I had seen shots of it several months earlier.
Agreed, but it wasn't the Toy Fair launch itself I was referring to, but the Facebook campaign and (IMHO) ill advised "Return of the legend" tag line that went with it. If Jeti had done as Mpx did and claimed the DC/DS was the greatest TX in the history of RC I am certain they would have received similar criticism.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MattyB; Feb 12, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:06 AM
Brussels (Belgium)
Joined Nov 2001
287 Posts
Personnaly I have to replace my transmitter and waited too long now for the jeti dc16. It looks like a great product , but at each new press announcement they give a new delay. Due in 2010, then end 2011, then feb 2012 and now ... maybe in May 2012. They probably have some serious technical issues. I will stick to one of the major brands. We also don't know about the price...I think Jeti has really missed something this time.
surfer is offline Find More Posts by surfer
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:46 AM
Czech Republic, Hlavní město Praha, Prague
Joined Jul 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer View Post
They probably have some serious technical issues. I will stick to one of the major brands. We also don't know about the price...I think Jeti has really missed something this time.
No, they haven't. As I wrote in one of my previous posts. They just want to be 100% sure the product they deliver it top notch. They are also still implementing new features and are polishing current ones in its FW according to feedback they've got from their betatesters. The price is also known, just check some of german's online shop that are taking preorders. The price they show is valid.

I had a chance to play with the DC-16 yesterday, it was connected to a notebook with an Aerofly sim and it was a blast.

Martin
PiNa is offline Find More Posts by PiNa
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:49 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Joined Jan 2004
3,602 Posts
Quote:
No, they haven't. As I wrote in one of my previous posts. They just want to be 100% sure the product they deliver it top notch. They are also still implementing new features and are polishing current ones in its FW according to feedback they've got from their betatesters. The price is also known, just check some of german's online shop that are taking preorders. The price they show is valid.
IF they can bring it to market in May for the 1k euros estimated on those sites (I had heard 1400, so I'm happy about that! ) I think there is a market. They have to beat Mpx to market though - they have heard the message loud and clear about what the Profi needs to be, and will be working hard to get it out of the door this year.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MattyB; Feb 12, 2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 05:10 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiNa1971
I had a chance to play with the DC-16 yesterday...
Can you provide any feedback on the software - is it anything like MPX radios or is it more like japanese sets ? Do you think it wil be more powerful and flexible than an MC4000 ?
Geoff_S is online now Find More Posts by Geoff_S