Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:16 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiNa1971 View Post
DS-16 new version 2012

This is just a computer generated design study made by Joshua who is responsible for design of the Jeti's new TX.
the old design is just perfect.. about the price time will tell if they get success but I doubt it.

Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2012, 06:39 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
I would agree that the old design is aesthetically delightful whereas the new design is somewhat clunky. However the new design, with an integrated antenna and a large display at the top rather than the bottom, is ergonomically superior.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:18 PM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
the old design is just perfect.. about the price time will tell if they get success but I doubt it.

The orange colored lettering makes me think this is a Spektrum product.
AirBornOne is online now Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Feb 05, 2012, 10:37 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,144 Posts
I think there is some confusion going on here.

The rendered pictures above are indeed by the same fellow who has designed the Jeti cases, but I believe they were done for another company (Spectrum, Futaba - who knows - not I).

The "old" DS-16 version that you should compare against is shown back in post #15 of this thread, versus the "new" DS-16 shown in PiNa1971's post above.

Unless of course it is me who is confused
Geoff_S is online now Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:05 AM
Look Up
United States, TN, Jamestown
Joined Nov 2003
1,180 Posts
Old
Name: Old.jpg
Views: 134
Size: 48.5 KB
Description: Old

New
Name: New.jpg
Views: 240
Size: 87.0 KB
Description: New
CiprianGugu is online now Find More Posts by CiprianGugu
Old Feb 06, 2012, 05:26 AM
Czech Republic, Hlavní město Praha, Prague
Joined Jul 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gedaso View Post
The rendered pictures above are indeed by the same fellow who has designed the Jeti cases, but I believe they were done for another company (Spectrum, Futaba - who knows - not I).
The rendered pictures were also made by Joshua, but as far as I know he did them "into the drawer" long time before he started cooperation with JETI. I saw them used in some rc web shop template but can't find the link now.

EDIT: You can download Joshua's portfolio in PDF here.

Martin
http://www.PiNa.cz
PiNa is offline Find More Posts by PiNa
Last edited by PiNa; Feb 06, 2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 11:34 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
4,092 Posts
These renders are all very interesting but enquiring minds want to know if there is any new news coming out of the Toy Fair on release dates and functionality - anyone got anything from Jeti?

From my perspective (and plenty of others judging by the forums), Multiplex's announcement of the "return of the legend" has just got more and more disapointing with each passing day (Evo software as a start point, only 4 flight modes, no logical or analogue switches etc etc). Frankly it's looking more and more like a very expensive Royal Evo with telemetry in a tray case, and apparently it won't be released earlier than Q3 this year (so Q3 2013 then...! ). VERY disappointing.

Given the own goal Multiplex seem to have scored, this must represent a big opportunity for Jeti. IF they can beat Multiplex to market with TXs that match or beat the functionality of the old P4000 in two form factors they could make huge inroads in Europe, even given a premium price (I know plenty of glider guiders ready to pay top whack for a quality non-Asian replacement for their P4000). It is a big if though. As others have pointed out it's unlikely to be popular in the US due to a lack of FCC certification, but that doesn't seem to be anythig that bothers Jeti or Multiplex. Come on guys, show us what you've really got...
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MattyB; Feb 06, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 09:01 AM
Joined Jul 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
I saw them used in some rc web shop template but can't find the link now.
Found it ... http://www.rcmarket.cz/

Martin
Old Feb 07, 2012, 09:06 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,144 Posts
Any (more) news on the software functionality ? I would've thought after the Nurnberg fair that we'd be seeing some hands-on reviews...
Old Feb 07, 2012, 10:17 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Joined Jan 2004
4,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gedaso View Post
Any (more) news on the software functionality ? I would've thought after the Nurnberg fair that we'd be seeing some hands-on reviews...
Me too - I find the silence a little ominous...
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EFX Racer
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:15 PM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
New video of the Jeti DC-16 on the Hacker stand Nuremberg 2012;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=NkyVvlBKxOY#!

It looks like the DS-16 will be the newly revised design (it can be seen in a poster in the background of the video);
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth
Last edited by VinceHaworth; Feb 07, 2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joined Jul 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
There will be sticks with built in switches available as an accessory for the DC-16.
Picture attached

BTW: There is a new RC system in the works designed by the same guy who did DC/DS-16 called Atlantis.

Martin
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:55 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
A great deal of the software functionality must exist if team pilots are flying with it,

I see the carbon fibre fachia has gone on the Hacker demonstrator in the video.

First examples shipping in May ties up with what Hepf have on their website. They have been learning marketing from Graupner with the MC32 Given I was originally told I could have one last May it looks like I may get my hands on one only a year late

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:50 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Joined Jan 2004
4,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceHaworth View Post
New video of the Jeti DC-16 on the Hacker stand Nuremberg 2012;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=NkyVvlBKxOY#!

It looks like the DS-16 will be the newly revised design (it can be seen in a poster in the background of the video);
I do prefer the revised DS-16, but the additional slippage to May is disappointing. With the Profi delayed though I guess they might as well make sure it's 100% right at launch.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EFX Racer
Old Feb 08, 2012, 04:15 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,144 Posts
Towards the end of that video, the Hacker fellow says:
"However at this time we cannot say exactly when this product will be available... we have been told May this year."

The Italian fellows who took that video also said on their website (www.baronerosso.it, care of google translations):
"Unfortunately, the news on marketing are not very good, yet there is currently no official release date for Version German / English, we say informally that should occur by the end of the first half of 2012".

Oh well, I'm sure it will be a nice radio when it arrives