to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2011, 08:43 AM
mostly gliders
Skellefteċ, Sweden
Joined Sep 2003
959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale View Post
The trims are virtually identical in layout to those on the MPX Royal Evo. Have you ever flown a model with this transmitter? I have and can report that the trims are very intuitive and I've never trimmed it with disastrous results as you imply. In fact I can't recall anyone flying the Royal Evo complaining about the trims. Again, I think you are adding nothing to this thread. Let's face it, you don't like Jeti, you won't be buying their products and yet you repeatedly criticize then in the name of free speech. Very strange behavior for a self-proclaimed intellectual.

Mike
I agree with you Mike, and I think Jurgen is becoming more and more like a troll.
Lot of bull----talk.

/Ville
liukku is online now Find More Posts by liukku
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2011, 08:28 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,203 Posts
Finally some gimbal mechanics I can wholeheartedly approve.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Oct 03, 2011, 08:48 AM
Australia, NSW, Cherrybrook
Joined May 2004
1,527 Posts
I fly with a Royal Pro and i am now used to having the trims in that location, but the trims on the MPX are very small so i always have to find the center dot to be sure i've got the right trim.

The Jeti doesn't seem to have any center marker which might be an issue for some.

Having said that, the buttons are a good size well spaced like on a Playstation controller and i never have any problems finding the correct button on the PS3.
CustomPC is offline Find More Posts by CustomPC
Old Oct 03, 2011, 12:17 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
Wow I come back to this thread after nearly half a year and skyrock the troll is still looking for ways to sell a Spek...
incredibly sad.

Anyway love the Tx. Looks like Jeti is realy seriosu about the styling. 10/10
I'll buy just because it looks good.
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 03, 2011, 02:18 PM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
Thanks for posting those pics Julez. Just confirms the quality of the engineering of the new Jeti Tx's!
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth
Old Oct 03, 2011, 04:32 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Wow, machined aluminium case, machined aluminium gimbals with rotary encoders not pots, micro flash card, a myriad of little PCBs to assemble. It all looks very high-end and very expensive. No doubt it will be a joy to those who can afford it but not a mass-market product.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Oct 03, 2011, 04:37 PM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
Wow, machined aluminium case, machined aluminium gimbals with rotary encoders not pots, micro flash card, a myriad of little PCBs to assemble. It all looks very high-end and very expensive. No doubt it will be a joy to those who can afford it but not a mass-market product.
At least for the prototype anyway.
Hard to imagine that level of material & labor going into the RC market.But I like it!
Do I recall something about a cast magnesium housing?
Maybe that was a dream.
Skies.
Jay.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Oct 03, 2011, 06:38 PM
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2007
2,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
And btw, holding a master degree and a PhD in Engineering, I hope, I am quite well educated.
I just contacted the University of Phoenix, they want their degrees back.

BTW, please let us know where exactly you live so that we can ridicule you on the basis of your elected official's actions... and finally get back to guessing/admiring Jeti's latest creation.

Sincerely,
Induced Troll
la528it is offline Find More Posts by la528it
Old Oct 04, 2011, 01:34 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,401 Posts
its amazing how the trolls always have the highest level of education.
please provide the certificate numbers, issueing institution and year of issue. Thanks
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 05, 2011, 02:10 AM
Joined Oct 2006
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale View Post
In fact I can't recall anyone flying the Royal Evo complaining about the trims.
I did fly the Royal Evo for some time and always disliked the trim controls.
peter.stegemann is offline Find More Posts by peter.stegemann
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:08 AM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
O.T.

Then keep an eye on it!

Your parties in parliament just now even did't want members of parliament, having a different opinion concerning the EFSF, to speak. Chairman, Mr Lammers, had to intervene so that each of them could speak 5 minutes....

And now the chairman is heavily under pressure from all political parties.....

Think your are right, democracy is vanishing in Germany and one reason for it are people who want to cut other persons fundamental individual rights and e.g. force them to shut up!
And btw, holding a master degree and a PhD in Engineering, I hope, I am quite well educated. I suppose your education is more sophisticated than mine, so that your are in a position to make any judgement about my education.

Juergen
Wow, classic d-bag move, tossing out credentials to make yourself appear valid.

You should get some help for the low self-esteem.
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 10, 2011, 06:02 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
968 Posts
Some comments from a Hacker representative (Uwe Neesen) on rc-network.de (via a Google translation):
We are excited about the design and quality construction of the station.
The transmitter has not changed since earlier photos, only the antenna is positioned slightly further from the case. We have new pictures, should be available tomorrow / in the next few days.
There will be 10 flight phases (for the F3B'ers). The program was not yet completed at Prague.
The customizable menus: one screen in the menu list to display the program parts, which are used most (mixers, power reversing etc...).
Operating time approx 10 hours with backlight turned on, approx 15hr if turned off.
Supplied with throttle left or right, conversion is possible at any time easily.
Delivery of the first batch: about the time of Nuremburg Toy Fair (Feb 2012).
The price we will receive in the next few days (?).
Content of the set: transmitter, case, stand, charger, transmitter battery, a receiver (probably an R8 EX, giving no guarantee).

More photos from Prague from this web album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1093581...etiDC16Sender#

This thing is looking pretty nice. Price mentioned at the show around €1000.
Geoff_S is online now Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Oct 10, 2011, 06:23 AM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Geilenkirchen
Joined Aug 2007
772 Posts
The new Jeti-radio causes a "wow"-feeling ........ even in me and I am not a Jeti-Fanboy, I am using the Aurora 9 - totally satisfied with it, but there is always place for a good product on the market like this new Jeti-radio.

The Jeti-radio is in many point of views a new one with a lot of innovations - but, it is not yet "out", no one of the customers has got one so far. So - let's wait and see.

Udo

By the way: This radio ist not for the USA! (No FCC-Number - too expensive for Jeti)
udogigahertz is offline Find More Posts by udogigahertz
Old Oct 10, 2011, 06:31 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,263 Posts
Please can you tell me one innovation in this radio ?

I would take the "too expensive for FCC" with a grain of salt. Lots of apartment sized Asia companies are more rich than Jeti ? My thoughts goes rather to other company having troubles with FCC these days. Coinicidence maybe, they use a similar RF system as Jeti
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa