HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:52 AM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
In this case, may I ask if it is safe enough for me ?
That's a good question. Using ephemeral evidence the answer is an astounding yes, it's safe for anyone, not just you. Going further, there is clearly an issue with the FCC regulations that mean Jeti will not apply for FCC certification. This doesn't bother me because there's no proof that the FFC regs are better (or worse) than the CE requirements. They are just different.

Mike
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:07 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,405 Posts
That short video was interesting. It showed the high quality of the LCD display and what appears to be a very rich and apparently configurable menu system. You could clearly see signal level indicators for both Tx (presumably RSSI reported back from the Rx) and Rx (presumably RSSI for the Rx measured at the Tx).

There is every indication it will be a classy Tx where a lot of attention has gone into the aesthetics as well as the technical aspects. Some will love the industrial design, some will hate it but I think most will acknowledge that it is recognisably a striking European design that is refreshingly different from the chunky style we have become used to from JR, Futaba and almost all other brands (except perhaps some of the Multiplex designs).

There is no way Jeti can compete on price so I presume they will position it as a high-end, high-quality, high-price Tx to compete with the premium Tx from the major brands. I am sure it will have a market and accrue a loyal following but it seems unlikely it will be seen much outside Europe.

Certainly looking forward to learning more about it and reading some end-user reviews and experiences.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:28 PM
The Fens, Britain
Joined Nov 2005
163 Posts
I'm just looking forward to a cheaper 8-channel variant...
Breezy is online now Find More Posts by Breezy
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:46 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
765 Posts
Did anyone else notice the "3.71V" voltage indicator in the video ? This can't be a RX voltage. Is it possible that they are using single-cell lithium for the TX power supply ?
Geoff_S is offline Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:42 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,405 Posts
Yes I noticed that and had the same thought.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Oct 01, 2011, 02:26 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,015 Posts
Why not? Perfectly possible.
Most procesors in current RC Tx works at 3,3V, and the RF transceiver also are designed for 3.3V.
The only issue I see the "low batt" alert has now a much lower margin for landing.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Last edited by renatoa; Oct 01, 2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old Oct 01, 2011, 02:56 AM
Scratch Builder
Braunschweig, Germany
Joined Sep 2006
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
Alexander,
think you have to learn a lesson in good old Germany..... Freedom of speech in a democracy is always the freedom one grants different-minded people.
Sorry, Juergen, educated peoploe would never plead democracy for beeing rude or bashing. Democracy is a way too big word in this discussion and also democracy needs protection and responsibility by everyone living in it in order to keep it up. If everyone would look at democracy as you show here it won't last long until it vanishes.

Good luck!
Alexander
AlexanderB is offline Find More Posts by AlexanderB
Old Oct 01, 2011, 03:59 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderB View Post
Sorry, Juergen, educated peoploe would never plead democracy for beeing rude or bashing. Democracy is a way too big word in this discussion and also democracy needs protection and responsibility by everyone living in it in order to keep it up. If everyone would look at democracy as you show here it won't last long until it vanishes.

Good luck!
Alexander
O.T.

Then keep an eye on it!

Your parties in parliament just now even did't want members of parliament, having a different opinion concerning the EFSF, to speak. Chairman, Mr Lammers, had to intervene so that each of them could speak 5 minutes....

And now the chairman is heavily under pressure from all political parties.....

Think your are right, democracy is vanishing in Germany and one reason for it are people who want to cut other persons fundamental individual rights and e.g. force them to shut up!
And btw, holding a master degree and a PhD in Engineering, I hope, I am quite well educated. I suppose your education is more sophisticated than mine, so that your are in a position to make any judgement about my education.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Oct 01, 2011, 05:35 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
Anyone else notice...

The trim butons have been moved closer to the sticks. Also the pot either side of the top quarter of the screen has been swapped position with a switch. Looks like it is a revised better layout.
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth
Old Oct 01, 2011, 07:35 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
765 Posts
Found some more images from the Prague hobby fair:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1093261...etiSenderDC16#
Old Oct 01, 2011, 05:18 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
The trim butons have been moved closer to the sticks. Also the pot either side of the top quarter of the screen has been swapped position with a switch. Looks like it is a revised better layout.
Normally I trim my models during flight. I don't know how others do, but I simply guess, I am not alone.
And this layout for trimming is still a desaster, because when looking on your model and trying to trim, one easily can hit the wrong button.

And as far as some Europeans reported, this will be the final layout.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Oct 01, 2011, 06:11 PM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,053 Posts
The trims are virtually identical in layout to those on the MPX Royal Evo. Have you ever flown a model with this transmitter? I have and can report that the trims are very intuitive and I've never trimmed it with disastrous results as you imply. In fact I can't recall anyone flying the Royal Evo complaining about the trims. Again, I think you are adding nothing to this thread. Let's face it, you don't like Jeti, you won't be buying their products and yet you repeatedly criticize then in the name of free speech. Very strange behavior for a self-proclaimed intellectual.

Mike
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Oct 01, 2011, 06:15 PM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
And this layout for trimming is still a desaster, because when looking on your model and trying to trim, one easily can hit the wrong button.
Juergen
Indeed,you seem to hit a lot of wrong buttons.
Now where's that 'ignore' button?
J
AirBornOne is online now Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Oct 02, 2011, 03:41 AM
Vienna
Joined Mar 2008
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gedaso View Post
Did anyone else notice the "3.71V" voltage indicator in the video ? This can't be a RX voltage. Is it possible that they are using single-cell lithium for the TX power supply ?
fyi, actually 2Cells 1600mAh LiIon, wired in parallel ...
pat_93 is offline Find More Posts by pat_93
Last edited by pat_93; Oct 02, 2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: corrected and 2nd pic attached, thx Gedaso!
Old Oct 02, 2011, 04:54 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
765 Posts
Wired in parallel though, I presume ?