HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:34 PM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
Help!
lp5dsm manual

Can someone point me to the best discussion or manual for an lp5dsm radio? I bought a used one and one of those orange 2.4g rx's as an alternative to 72mhz for some indoor flying. Not quite sure how to bind and it seems that after 30 minutes of reading, I am not getting all the answers I need. Thanks in advance for any input.
tymbrewolf is offline Find More Posts by tymbrewolf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2011, 02:01 AM
@Home
Joined Jan 2007
1,410 Posts
To bind a LP5DSM with another Spektrum DSM2 (or compatible) receiver, you first need to turn on the receiver in bind mode, and then turn on the transmitter. It should bind within a few seconds. There is no special bind mode with this transmitter, it tried to bind every time it's turned on.

I am not sure if there is a dedicated LP5DSM manual, however there is a section covering this radio in the E-flite Blade CX2 manual.

Vas
VasMan is offline Find More Posts by VasMan
Old Jan 25, 2011, 06:58 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,355 Posts
Thats because each time you power on the LP5DSM in enters BIND MODE for couple of second and then exists. This is why you must power it on and wait until you get solid LED before powering on the RX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANUAL
The following steps outline the binding process:
Each time the transmitter is turned on, it enters “Bind Mode” for a few seconds. You can tell that the transmitter is in bind mode • when you see the red LED located under the door on the bottom left front of the transmitter blink rapidly. Once the LED becomes solid, the transmitter is no longer in bind mode and will transmit normally.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 25, 2011, 07:16 AM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
no manual came with this six channel orange rx. do I simply give it power with the jumper plug in channel six? I guess I need to find the manual for there Ar rx it its cloned from... thanks for the info, that helps a bunch.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:22 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymbrewolf View Post
no manual came with this six channel orange rx.
You simply ask about the LP5DSM and hence my response. Just follow the real ARxxxx rx bind steps and you should be good to go.

Remember that the LP5DSM tx is a LOW POWER radio and should be used for park flyers and smaller stuff.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:09 PM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
thanks again. found that on the spektrum site. And, yep if outdoor will be twenty inch or smaller.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:16 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymbrewolf View Post
no manual came with this six channel orange rx. do I simply give it power with the jumper plug in channel six? I guess I need to find the manual for there Ar rx it its cloned from... thanks for the info, that helps a bunch.
The bind plug doesn't go in ch6, it goes in the "batt/bind" slot. Similar to AR6200.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:24 PM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
yep