SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:04 PM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW View Post
Larry I was looking at the video again today and you just stayed consistent around the track. You didn't try to push to hard and you didn't make any mistakes. The one time you crashed was when I hit you from behind trying to get by you. It was not many places you could make a clean pass on that track, being if you went out of the race line the dust would wash out your front. I was trying to pass you seemed like the whole second qualifier.
Well, I couldn't pass anyone on the straights so I just tried to drive the shortest route possible. Still, no matter what I did you were always right there with me. I thought we had some pretty good racing going. It's too bad we couldn't run the mains.
2000-redrider is offline Find More Posts by 2000-redrider
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:36 AM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,035 Posts
I bought some plastic dinner plates at the $1 store to see if they can be used as track dots. I read that putting a bead of caulking around the rim will keep them from sliding around. If that doesn't work, I can always tape them down.

They're 10 in dia. and come in a variety of colors. Pack of 4 for $1. I'll let you know how they work out.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:14 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,782 Posts
Cool idea, let us know please. I could use some while I learn to drive. Im up in the central coast and 20-30mph winds is not uncommon, so I would probably need to add weight underneath like gluing scrap wood or thick bolt n washer. Oh yeah, Im a noob so I need 2 colors - one for right turns and other for going left.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:49 PM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Cool idea, let us know please. I could use some while I learn to drive. Im up in the central coast and 20-30mph winds is not uncommon, so I would probably need to add weight underneath like gluing scrap wood or thick bolt n washer. Oh yeah, Im a noob so I need 2 colors - one for right turns and other for going left.
I'm with you on the two colors. I picked orange and yellow.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:18 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,676 Posts
You guys are funny.. Like autocross where they lay the cones down to indicate lefts and rights
Akura2 is online now Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Mar 28, 2011, 05:21 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
798 Posts
I see everyone is liking my Annual or semi annual Dots Day proposal. Just imagine a track that can be setup in fifteen minutes, no stinking cars, no limit to when and how long you can stay on the track. Configure it anyway we want, if you want long sweeping turns you got it, if you want flowing corners you got it. If it's nitro you want, put it out there, if you want supermoto put it out there, the possibilities are endless. One day or the whole weekend of nothing but bikes and a track, I'm biting my nails just thinking about it. Oh and lets not forget filming everything and posting on youtube for all the world to see how we role.

Just a reminder from our last Dots day,it was fun but with all of us working together I think it will only get better.

VTS_09_1.VOB (7 min 17 sec)
DLAWW is online now Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Mar 28, 2011, 06:08 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,783 Posts
Wow a video of me running (yellow bike) that is rare. I love the dots!

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Mar 28, 2011, 09:53 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
798 Posts
Bruce I try to get all our races on tape, up to this point my boys have been doing all the taping. They need a little couching but will due for know, this is my youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DLAWW1?feature=mhum
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:15 PM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Well the caulking works awesome. Plates were stuck and weren't going anywhere. The only problem was it was a one time deal. Removing the plates after placing them down will resulted in a nice circle of caulk on the ground.

I guess if you didn't need a lot of dots, you could make up a batch the day before you need them. But even that could end up being a hassle. Probably easier to just tape them down.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:01 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
798 Posts
You probably have to let them sit for a few days to a week.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:43 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
798 Posts
Anyone thinking of a date for the Dots Day?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:39 PM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,035 Posts
I did let them sit for a couple of days, but they probably still weren't fully cured. Maybe I could try a different caulk.

I'm thinking of going to the transit center parking lot on Sunday afternoon to run my bike. I hope there's nothing going on there.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:54 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
798 Posts
I don't think anything is going on, GLARC is running the weekend of the 10th. 2nd and 4th weekend of each month, maybe we can get some of us out then. Anybody game? also guys lets start putting some dates out there for a Dots Day. If we start now everyone can come together on a future date. That way we all can plan for the dates we suggest and everyone can commit to a day. Also the video we're talking about putting together can be planned and discussed. How many camera's you think we need to be actually on bikes. If it were MotoGp all the bikes would have cameras, Larry post the link for the camera again. Please everyone add some input lets get this in motion. Larry Stubby has all the Dots we need, I will bring the orange cones I have to help out with braking points and for corner highlighting.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 12:53 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,197 Posts
Here are the cams I mounted on my bike, a pair of them shipped for $20:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190494740574

See where I mounted them below. I took a pair of test vids today and send Jimmy the link to the vids to edit. The footage did come out pretty shaky, but I think will work edited into a two-cam track coverage setup.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Apr 01, 2011, 03:03 AM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,035 Posts
I ordered a couple of more cameras from the same place Lito posted.

Yeah, the cameras are very sensitive to vibration. I'm trying to figure out a way to make a mount that attaches to the frame. Hopefully that will cure some of the shakiness.