HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2011, 04:37 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
777 Posts
This is the flyer Torrance on the first page of this thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...0&d=1295921386
DLAWW is online now Find More Posts by DLAWW
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2011, 04:51 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
I'll be there...
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Mar 08, 2011, 11:03 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
777 Posts
A week and a half till the flag drops, can't wait. Anyone else want to add to the excitement.
Old Mar 09, 2011, 12:24 AM
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
CES and RCX are the highlights of my year... I can't wait...
Old Mar 09, 2011, 09:06 AM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Yep Yep Yep,

Getting ready for some raging.

Boogity Boogity Boys Lets go racing.
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Mar 09, 2011, 09:29 AM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
777 Posts
Boogity Boogity Boys, I said add to the excitement not go corny on me. I like the enthusiasm though. Can we get a role call! Me I will be there.
Old Mar 09, 2011, 09:55 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
i'm not gonna make it. HPI is having a booth there an i'd consider it poor form on my part if i didn't help out in the booth and instead go racing with a product from a rival company (even though i designed that product). not that HPI has said anything but i'm too ashamed to even ask. i'll have to shoot for the next race but i may drop by on saturday.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Mar 09, 2011, 12:32 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
777 Posts
Come On Torrance I'm sure they won't mind, they don't produce bikes. Atleast not yet and this is your personal life.
Old Mar 09, 2011, 12:56 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
If you guys want more to show up you should do some shout outs on the other forums or facebook? May not help but at least you could say covered the bases. I thought there were some 1/8th guys around. Why do they disappear when a formal get together happens? I feel for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
i'm not gonna make it. HPI is having a booth there an i'd consider it poor form on my part if i didn't help out in the booth and instead go racing with a product from a rival company
Your thinking about this all wrong! If you feel guilty but want to race, just volunteer for a few hours before/after with your hpi shirt on, then take it off afterwards and enjoy. If you dont want to work as an employee, then you should consider this...by you racing with/without your company logo, your 'out there' networking, researching, etc. No joke. PS, what products are you talking about that are rivals?

BTW - Just throwing this out there for the future...Im about 3hrs north of LA. I only have the vmx. I prefer dirt but I think I'll buy the smr tires to support venom. Someday when I get comfortable with the bike, Id like to try a dirt event. This hobby needs a kick in the nuts to get going sheesh. lol
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Mar 09, 2011, 07:59 PM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW View Post
Can we get a role call! Me I will be there.
Don't think I'm going be able to race, either. Was planning on it, and spent the last few days getting my bike in running order. Got it all together today, just to have it crushed by a car, while testing in front of my house. I'm totally bummed. Might be able to piece it back together, but I can barely stand to look at it right now, let alone work on it.
2000-redrider is offline Find More Posts by 2000-redrider
Old Mar 09, 2011, 08:12 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000-redrider View Post
Don't think I'm going be able to race, either. Was planning on it, and spent the last few days getting my bike in running order. Got it all together today, just to have it crushed by a car, while testing in front of my house. I'm totally bummed. Might be able to piece it back together, but I can barely stand to look at it right now, let alone work on it.

are you SERIOUS?!?!... dang.... I'm SO sorry to hear that.. let me know if you need anything... I might be able to scrounge some stuff up that I'm not using
Old Mar 10, 2011, 02:47 AM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,028 Posts
Well, it turns out it looked much worse than it really was. Other than the frame, and few bits, pretty much everything else was fine. I should have it back together in plenty of time for RCX.

Now I just have to renew my R.O.A.R. membership and register for the race. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 07:09 AM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
777 Posts
Hurray!, let me know if you need anything also. I should have enough to build a few bikes.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:38 AM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000-redrider View Post
What are you doing?

You never work on your bike before a race!
How are you going to deal with a bike that works when you get to the track?

Are you OK man?
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Mar 14, 2011, 01:06 PM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,028 Posts
So is anyone going to practice on Friday? I was thinking of going so that I could run in a safe area.