HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2011, 12:20 AM
So many tanks, so little money
Joined Oct 2009
189 Posts
I just thought of soemthing else. Another effective way of simulating a rough cast is automotive body filler. It may actually be a little better than the putty I used here.
Yellowshaker is offline Find More Posts by Yellowshaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:43 PM
Joined Oct 2009
189 Posts
Began to work on the T-34 some more this week. Not much done yet, but it is progress.
I began with the turret mods, as the WSN is not up to the task. I plan to go elmod with this build and decided that a Tamiya recoil unit with a custom backet was just the ticket. I soldered a brass rod to the bracket that fits into the HL elevation arm. Works nice while testing with my power supply. So, here are some pics. Any comments are welcome as always.

I then went on to painting the lower hull. I used black as a preahde to the road wheels and lower hull as a basecoat and then went over with the green that I mixed using Tamiya acrylics. After this I began a light wash for dirt effects. This is drying and then weathering will be done and completed oon the tank.

Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:02 PM
Joined Oct 2009
189 Posts
Here it is with the tracks and some other little details installed. I added the upgraded graupner motors from rctankwars as well.

Old Apr 16, 2011, 02:56 PM
Joined Feb 2010
389 Posts
Very nice job!
best wishes,
jeff
Jeff Van Hofwegen is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Van Hofwegen
Old Apr 17, 2011, 01:07 AM
Joined Oct 2009
189 Posts
Thank you, Jeff.
Here's some more after some weathering is applied. It is nearly done.

Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:57 PM
Joined Oct 2009
189 Posts
A little more on the detailing of the T-34/85...

Old May 02, 2011, 09:55 PM
Stay thirsty my friends.
Tosev 3
Joined Feb 2003
1,034 Posts
Can you show some pictures of the drive-line? I've got one of these and it is just sitting. I want to put in airsoft (I know that is a sacrilege) and have some ideas there. The mechanics of the final drives just seem a bit flimsy and I could use some help upgrading it.

I looked on ebay and found some metal gears for the drives, but, thought maybe 29.00 dollars was a little high not including shipping (coming from Poland).

Thanks
Scott
DR. JOY is offline Find More Posts by DR. JOY
Old May 02, 2011, 11:37 PM
Joined Oct 2009
189 Posts
Dr. Joy, I just arrived home from the Danville event and the T-34 is now with Daryl Turner. He is doing the machining for the gearbox installation as well as the other work for this tank build. The "steel gear" on ebay are better than the stock plastic, but not much and honestly if you plan to run the tqnak hard, Daryl's way is the only way. it is not cheap to do, but will make the tank run on par with any tamiya.trust me, I have seen his tanks run in person now and they are nothing to take lightly.