SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
I liked to know the modificatio, if so only esc upgrade. Like to know about servos, engine, etc.
rogerio is offline Find More Posts by rogerio
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:35 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,504 Posts
Hey guys, had some interesting flying the other day, check out the video, especially the last minute :-o

Sebart Mig 29 Video, Windows Media, High Definition, 192MB
Sebart Mig 29 Video, Windows Media, Standard Definition, 41MB

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:56 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerio View Post
Someone who is flying the Mig 29 Sebart using Spektrum DX8 could provide the radio file with configuration please?
I will also fly mine on a DX8, so I would also be very grateful if someone could attach a Spektrum file to a post here.

Just got the tracking number for mine from Atlanta. I might see it in a week maybe two.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:17 PM
Wats the worst that can happen
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
531 Posts
shame about your waterlogged battery. nice flying though.
can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
TheCure is online now Find More Posts by TheCure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Mods to My RC Electronics
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:54 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,149 Posts
Hello Rogerio,
Quote:
I liked to know the modificatio, if so only esc upgrade. Like to know about servos, engine, etc.
Can you be a bit more specific about what you want to know?

Overall, the plane is very good, especially the V2 with the bigger ESCs. You don't need to upgrade anything.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:55 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
shame about your waterlogged battery. nice flying though.
can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
Actually nothing was ruined except one of the ESC's, the battery and RX all stayed dry inside, the plane flaoted above the water line even with the nose off... ;-)

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:22 AM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Jfetter very sad what happened, even as the flight was beautiful. and as we say here in Brazil. plane, so one who has not got any. I already buy one from atlanta hobby. Yesterday I receive an e-mail stating that the Grav's will be getting the version 2 on September 9. I will reserve more one for me.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:59 AM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
Hello Rogerio,

Can you be a bit more specific about what you want to know?

Overall, the plane is very good, especially the V2 with the bigger ESCs. You don't need to upgrade anything.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges I ask about the servo and gyro. There are some comments in this forum about the quality of the servos and gyro, wanted to know if they are or if too did upgrade.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:33 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,149 Posts
Hi there,

Quote:
hklagges I ask about the servo and gyro. There are some comments in this forum about the quality of the servos and gyro, wanted to know if they are or if too did upgrade.
Okay. My experience so far (with many flights, maybe 50?):
  • Only one servo failed so far, one of the aileron servos. No problem.
  • Servos do make some noise, particularly the vector rudder one connected to the gyro. I learned to ignore it.
  • I had big issues with the gyro until I understood that it is normal that in heading-hold mode, it drifts completely to one side. I just don't use the gyro in heading-hold mode anymore by programming the travel adjustments in the transmitter according to the manual.
  • I even mailed my vendor - who had sent me a replacement gyro - that the fault was on my side and that I can pay him the replacement gyro, as the original one was not faulty (as I had assumed).

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:22 AM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Thanks, what radio are you using? The setup is the same sugest from sebart's manual?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:45 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
[*]I had big issues with the gyro until I understood that it is normal that in heading-hold mode, it drifts completely to one side. I just don't use the gyro in heading-hold mode anymore by programming the travel adjustments in the transmitter according to the manual.
Do you still use the gyro? In what configuration? "Rate" mode? Is the plane manageable with the gyro turned off?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:53 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,149 Posts
Gyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Do you still use the gyro? In what configuration? "Rate" mode? Is the plane manageable with the gyro turned off?
Yes, I use the gyro exclusively for hovering. I have the rate adjustable via a turning knob on the transmitter and turn it up before trying to hover (currently at high altitudes, not close to the ground ).

The plane is very easily manageable with the gyro switched off. My impression is that it flies even better without it, i.e. regular turns look better this way. So I adjust gyro sensitivity depending on the flight phase.

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
xviper, my friend recieve my mig today. Now only waiting 11th september.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:07 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,692 Posts
Quote:
xviper, my friend recieve my mig today. Now only waiting 11th september.
That's fast. Mine hasn't even shown up on Canada Post tracking yet. Customs will probably hold it for a week or so after it gets here.
No hurry. I still don't have the right sized batteries for it. Those are on the way from HobbyKing going via Switzerland. I only have 3200mah and 4500mah batteries. One is too light and the other is too heavy. Only have another couple months flying season left and I still have yet to build my Eurofighter.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:19 AM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Batteries I bought from Hobbypartz, GenAce 4000mah, 60C., hope to be a good battery.