HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:44 AM
Wats the worst that can happen
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
542 Posts
If you're on the border of course you can get it shipped to the US, and pick it up.
there are re-shipping services that *may* be more economical for you.

Sadly, I havent had the time to fly it yet. I've only just found the motors that are sufficient to give it the thrust I wanted. Until I can focus 100% on prepping the plane, setup, and myself, I won't attempt to fly it. It's been too much of an investment to fail.

I have a cheaper BH TV mig35 i'm having fun with in the meantime.
TheCure is offline Find More Posts by TheCure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Mods to My RC Electronics
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:13 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
If you're on the border of course you can get it shipped to the US, and pick it up.
there are re-shipping services that *may* be more economical for you.

Sadly, I havent had the time to fly it yet. I've only just found the motors that are sufficient to give it the thrust I wanted. Until I can focus 100% on prepping the plane, setup, and myself, I won't attempt to fly it. It's been too much of an investment to fail.

I have a cheaper BH TV mig35 i'm having fun with in the meantime.
Not quite as close as you. The border is about 3 hours for me, so 6 hours to go get a parcel is worth more than the cost of shipping from the cheapest source. Too bad I didn't live in Boundary Bay on Corbould Rd and have it shipped to my US neighbor in Point Roberts on Roosevelt Way. He could walk it across the road and throw it over the fence. Buy him a case of Hawkins Cheezies for the trouble.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:41 AM
scunna
United Kingdom, England, South Shields
Joined May 2007
659 Posts
I was stuck for someone to hand launch the mig so i removed my parcel shelf from my car.

Sebart mig 29 Full HD (4 min 16 sec)
scunna is offline Find More Posts by scunna
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:01 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scunna View Post
I was stuck for someone to hand launch the mig so i removed my parcel shelf from my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WNNAB1kBys&feature=plcp
That was quite entertaining. What altitude are you at? Size of battery used? Just wondering about how large a battery before it gets too heavy to do that kind of take off.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:55 AM
scunna
United Kingdom, England, South Shields
Joined May 2007
659 Posts
im at sea level. battery is 4000 4s 45c nanotech.
scunna is offline Find More Posts by scunna
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:12 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scunna View Post
im at sea level. battery is 4000 4s 45c nanotech.
Thanks. If I ever connect with some of these sellers and end up with one, I'll use that trick for launching but I'll use the longer folding table we have at the flying field.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:50 PM
SoCal
Joined Aug 2010
150 Posts
For launching I hold transmitter in left hand and hold the plane by the right wing root in the right hand. Angle about 45 degrees, throttle up until it gets light and let it go. Works great!

First launch that way was scary, but no problem after that. Super easy.
DarwinF is offline Find More Posts by DarwinF
Old Aug 13, 2012, 04:32 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,976 Posts
Cliff at Atlanta H. got back to me and answered all my questions. He's won my purchase. The fellow at Area 51 is a man of few words. I ask him 3 questions and he answers only one of them. I shouldn't have to play email tag to get a business to take my money.
Oh, and Cliff says they do have stock in their warehouse of both color schemes.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:19 PM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Thank's xviper, I will proceed my order.
rogerio is offline Find More Posts by rogerio
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:30 PM
United States, VT, Colchester
Joined May 2011
100 Posts
I've got a bad rudder servo on my Mig. It jitters wildly at centerpoint, if you give it some rudder input it calms down until you let go and it goes back to center and then starts jittering again. I don't want to buy another POS oem servo so does anybody know of an alternative servo that fits?

I'm also curious about the rudders and VT on this thing. I've never been able to get it into stable knife edge flight. It's nearly impossible to hold it and then when you release it the jet snaps back the other way. I was playing around with it today with rudder only just to see how it responds and with only rudder input the plane will both yaw and roll. The inputs and mixing are correct with both rudders and VT nozzles all going correctly to the left or right depending on stick input. Is this the nature of VT or is it alignment of the nozzles? They are aligned pretty close, I spent awhile getting it as close to perfect as possible which isn't easy to do with no specific tools or reference points. I was pulling it into a good climb (FM1, low rates, VT off other than rudder, Gyro off) and when giving it full rudder, left or right it would begin to yaw and then roll over. The tail whips around in a circle or funnel. Any idea's?
supertoyz is online now Find More Posts by supertoyz
Last edited by supertoyz; Aug 15, 2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:55 AM
Joined Nov 2009
430 Posts
Yes.
For the servo you can buy any low cost servo of same size, eg I purchased a bunch of Hitec Nanos eg:
http://www.vogel-modellsport.de/Serv...05e75999d4ccb1
as replacement.

For knife edge flight, pls ensure that you have programmed the rudder-aileron mix as described in the manual. With that, mine flies perfectly
Best Stephan
schiwo1 is offline Find More Posts by schiwo1
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:23 AM
Wats the worst that can happen
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
542 Posts
speaking of servos...
This is the last piece I need to get my airframe-only sebart mig in the air.
i outfitted the thing with 9G metal gear servos.
i noticed the rudder TV servo requires a long arm to get full throw. I've not been able to find any long arms that fit this servo. i've given up.
anyone know of a MG 9G servo that comes with a long dual sided arm? looks like it should be an inch long on both sides.
thanks
TheCure is offline Find More Posts by TheCure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Mods to My RC Electronics
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:31 AM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Someone suggest a battery to mig 29 from Hobbyking?
rogerio is offline Find More Posts by rogerio
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:54 AM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2005
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerio View Post
Someone suggest a battery to mig 29 from Hobbyking?
I use the Nanotech 3850 4S 65C ones.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
Impailer is offline Find More Posts by Impailer
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:00 AM
United States, VT, Colchester
Joined May 2011
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiwo1 View Post
For knife edge flight, pls ensure that you have programmed the rudder-aileron mix as described in the manual. With that, mine flies perfectly
Best Stephan
I'll have to check that, watching the surfaces move I didn't see any aileron movement with rudder input so I assume that may be the problem. It was almost a year ago I set it up but I seem to recall running out of available mixes in my DX8 and having to skip one of them, maybe that was the one. Is anybody else flying this on a DX8? Is there a way to mimick a mix somehow or maybe a mix that would be better to skip?
supertoyz is online now Find More Posts by supertoyz