SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 19, 2011, 01:59 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Gapple~ How did you get to 139 dollars from 189 Euros? According to the current currency values (I am using yahoo finance), 189 Euros is about 258 US dollars.
He probably went the wrong way ;-)

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2011, 02:06 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,371 Posts
it got me excited... i was gonna buy two
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Old Sep 19, 2011, 03:37 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Quote:
Gapple~ How did you get to 139 dollars from 189 Euros? According to the current currency values (I am using yahoo finance), 189 Euros is about 258 US dollars.

LOL, yup, sorry guys. I was using the wrong conversion. I thought it seemed a little cheap....
gapple12 is offline Find More Posts by gapple12
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:19 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
After trying about 8 different CG,s,8 different nozzle positions,and 8 different elev possitions,and 3 different ail positions....I found what i like the best.My Ails are in the middle of the fuse,Elev is just a bit down,Nozzle marks can hardly be seen,and CG is 130mm back (which i had to lengthen the batt tray,and mount the RX over the gyro)......and just so i am clear hear,that is where i like its flight,the glide when you pull the throttle back is still the same-It shoots right up...and just so you guys do not think i am crazy,i mounted my POS camera to my hat (sorry the cam stinks,only shows in close) watch at the 1:53 and 3:01 mark,that is flat and level with hands off the stix except to pull the throttle back.Strange thing is (and you can not see in the vid)i am learning to use it to my advantage,it helps the plane get set up for spins and hovers MUCH better then when i try to trim the plane to glid (It does glid,i just have to use alot of down to get it going) But ALL In ALL,I LOVE this plane now that i have found my SWEET SPOT and have my hardware on it...This Mig changes the face of RC as we know it..I can not wait to see what the future holds for 3D EDF,s.Anybody that is thinking of getting this plane,JUST DO IT,and just work the bugs out as you go along,and ask Jack lots of questions ....Now that i have my Set-Up,i can now learn what this thing can realy do...Very Exciting if you ask me-cause it is ALL NEW. http://www.youtube.com/user/voodoo12667
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Sep 19, 2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:35 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,995 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jke7BziLR9E
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:58 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,995 Posts
True, the pitch-up tendency when throttled down seems to be deliberate, when thinking in terms of transition into hover.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:18 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,428 Posts
I still say sub trim the elevators down until you have level flight with no power, then sub trim only nozzles up until you have lelel flight under power. It can be done, ignore your instinct to worry about the actual position and just keep adjusting until you get it...

Jack
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:11 AM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,995 Posts
It's all personal preference
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:20 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,130 Posts
Quote:
it got me excited... i was gonna buy two
By the way, the 189 Euros include 20% value added tax. So the export price would be 189/1.20 = 157 Euros. But as they were unable to ship to Germany, I don't think they will ship to the UK or US...

Maybe try again once the airframe becomes available via Hacker or Hepf?

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:02 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
By the way, the 189 Euros include 20% value added tax. So the export price would be 189/1.20 = 157 Euros. But as they were unable to ship to Germany, I don't think they will ship to the UK or US...

Maybe try again once the airframe becomes available via Hacker or Hepf?

Cheers,
Henrik
Yes, conrad.at is only for Austrian
Conrad.de, it send also to most of europe destination
Conrad.com is the international site.

Interesting .. this bird is only on the Austrian site, maybe because they can source from Italy (SebArt is italian) more easily

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: I think is not possible to avoid to pay taxes
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:13 AM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
It's all personal preference
There's flying straight and level and there's compensating, while this maybe a preference, why not trim it until it flies right? All I'm saying is don't get caught up in where the control surfaces end up, I do believe this is part of the issue...

Jack
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:41 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
If it pitches up when you move the throttle to idle that means that you are forcing the nose down during powered flight using the TV nozzles. Seems like a waste of energy to me.
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:45 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
If it pitches up when you move the throttle to idle that means that you are forcing the nose down during powered flight using the TV nozzles. Seems like a waste of energy to me.
Paradoxically, that doesn't seem to be the case for some, who report that after trimming for level flight, the plane noses up with reduced throttle. Can't speak regarding the TV nozzles yet, as my MiG is waiting for my pickup from UPS.

I think this has been noted in several places, including the review in the September Fly RC mag.
Last edited by fredmdbud; Sep 20, 2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:50 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Maybe you missed my point. If the plane flys level under power but pitches up when power is removed then the plane is not trimmed for level flight. You are using the TV nozzles to force the nose down during powered flight because you have not trimmed the elevator correctly.

Some of the thrust is being used to force the nose down. Why not use all the available thrust to move the plane forward?
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:52 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,995 Posts
See my edit above.

With or without TV, seeing that the ailerons have a constant up elevation with respect to the flaps (inherent pitch-up), some form of compensation is needed. Maybe decouple (fix) the TV nozzles @ zero deflection and trim, then reconnect, to get glide @ no throttle.
Last edited by fredmdbud; Sep 20, 2011 at 02:00 PM.