HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 16, 2011, 09:42 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
Looks like the split aileron/flap is trimmed to the point where pitch-up of the aileron portion cancels the pitch-down of the flap.
The ailerons are pretty much at neutral trim at the root, hard to see with it being all red...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:11 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Here are pics of the surfaces with power on and trimmed out for level flight in both glide AND under power...

Jack
The part that got me was the Ail,in the manuel they show the iner-flap Ail in the middle of the fuse (this is what tics me off,MAKE A GOOD MANUEL) so i twisted my horns in to match the manuel,and also lines it up nice with the trailing edge of the wing.......Guess i will twist them back out and try it again.As far as the elev goes,you have a bit more down then i do now.I also just found out that my CG marks on the fuse do not match the Manuel.Thanks a bunch for posting those Jack,i will give that a shot in the morning along with the CG set at 135mm back,not 150mm where they put the stickers on the fuse.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:15 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Here are pics of the surfaces with power on and trimmed out for level flight in both glide AND under power...

Jack
So i take it you can not see the marks they put on the VT for trim ?....they should have a note where those trim marks should sit in the VT housing.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:35 AM
Registered User
sanman55's Avatar
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,004 Posts
Do the nozzles have a mark on them for level and left and right level?
I know my f-35 and su-34 have marks on them so I am not guessing whats level...
Nice pictures but I really do not see the up or down mentioned in their positions...I see the 5 degree on the nozzles but thats all..Look level to me...

voodoo...if thats you flying that big bird and you are having all this trouble than I will not buy this bird..I could not fly that big bird like that...

I still do not understand your glide problem at all...if the cg is right it has to glide at some point...this is not a space ship from mars...its got to be able to glide, its a plane..I am missing something. I have never had a plane that would not glide..this is very confuseing maybe a steep glide but a glide..
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Last edited by sanman55; Sep 17, 2011 at 07:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:34 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
The part that got me was the Ail,in the manuel they show the iner-flap Ail in the middle of the fuse (this is what tics me off,MAKE A GOOD MANUEL) so i twisted my horns in to match the manuel,and also lines it up nice with the trailing edge of the wing.......Guess i will twist them back out and try it again.As far as the elev goes,you have a bit more down then i do now.I also just found out that my CG marks on the fuse do not match the Manuel.Thanks a bunch for posting those Jack,i will give that a shot in the morning along with the CG set at 135mm back,not 150mm where they put the stickers on the fuse.
The Aileron IS in the middle of the fuse, at the root, this seems pretty much "neutral"...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:37 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
So i take it you can not see the marks they put on the VT for trim ?....they should have a note where those trim marks should sit in the VT housing.
I do see them but at the end of the day tic marks and recommended throws and surface "neutral" are all meaningless if the plane doesn't fly nicely. I trim it to fly well (after confirming nothing is twisted or the CG is not crazy, etc) and that's what really matters...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 05:04 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2009
429 Posts
So finally I maidened mine today. Due to heavy rain showers I could do only 2 flights.

Overall, again, I am very pleased. My CoG is at 120mm instead of the recommended 135mm. The nozzles are trimmed at the mark. With this setup it flies 100% neutral under power and very gently pulls the nose up when the engine is cut off. Perfect for landing at lowest speed.

Max ESC temp after a 3.5 min flight (3200 mAh consumed) is around 35 Deg Celsius. Outside temp was 20 deg Celsius.

Detailed logs will follow.

I mixed in some gyro support in flight mode 0. With this, the Mig is extremely easy to fly in flight mode 0 and 1.

I did not yet really get into 3D yet , but so far I cant see anything negative.
Bottom line after the 2 flights: Its easier to fly than my other planes. Its all about the correct trim, and thanks to Jack and others for their hints here.
Hope there is some better weather tomorrow to put some more flights in.
Best Stephan
schiwo1 is offline Find More Posts by schiwo1
Last edited by schiwo1; Sep 17, 2011 at 05:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 06:54 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55 View Post
Do the nozzles have a mark on them for level and left and right level?
I know my f-35 and su-34 have marks on them so I am not guessing whats level...
Nice pictures but I really do not see the up or down mentioned in their positions...I see the 5 degree on the nozzles but thats all..Look level to me...

voodoo...if thats you flying that big bird and you are having all this trouble than I will not buy this bird..I could not fly that big bird like that...

I still do not understand your glide problem at all...if the cg is right it has to glide at some point...this is not a space ship from mars...its got to be able to glide, its a plane..I am missing something. I have never had a plane that would not glide..this is very confuseing maybe a steep glide but a glide..
Yes that is me flying my 39% Krill...That is what i have been doing for years,i was always into EDF also,but when this Mig first showed up-i had to have it...and i am not having any trouble flying it,and am doing very good with it as a matter of fact.After changing out the crap hardware,and a little help from Jack on were the surfaces sit-(mine came out of the box with the Ails way to high,i have since twisted them in) it is now a great little jet.But it still glides pretty crappy if you ask me.If you watch the vid in the first post close,you will see that even Seba never glides it,and lands with a bit of power-well that is how i fly mine now.My friend also came out to our Fly-In today with his Mig (that also showed me that mine came out of the box with the Ails WAY OFF) and yes,mine out of the box was a space ship from mars-nothing like my friends was.....But it is very normal for me to get the one bad one in the shipment,i have many friends that will back me on that.If i told you the story of the plane in my Avatar,you would not beleave me.....WHAT A BIG DOLLAR NIGHTMARE.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 06:57 PM
jean-claude Terrettaz
bidule's Avatar
Carp, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2000
1,462 Posts
I even catch a thermal when I was relaxing with the Mig today. Was impossible to take off from the asphalt with zero wind , a friend tossed the plane ....almost in the ground ...I'm building a dolly or I have to fit wheels, until the vertical launch!
bidule is offline Find More Posts by bidule
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 06:58 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
I do see them but at the end of the day tic marks and recommended throws and surface "neutral" are all meaningless if the plane doesn't fly nicely. I trim it to fly well (after confirming nothing is twisted or the CG is not crazy, etc) and that's what really matters...

Jack
You are 100% on that.....I had a BLAST flying this thing today,something about Hovering a jet is just SO WRONG
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:10 PM
Registered User
sanman55's Avatar
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,004 Posts
Cool info.. seems like this bird is all about getting the trims right ..amazed at the temps.. still waiting for that flight data with the on board telementry..might get one after all...
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:27 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55 View Post
Cool info.. seems like this bird is all about getting the trims right ..amazed at the temps.. still waiting for that flight data with the on board telementry..might get one after all...
This is a great jet when you find what works for you,and just remember it is made in China-do your best to change what you do not like,and do not buy it a week before you want to go show off in front of alot of people i have givin up on the temp thing-Yes it gets hot,but it will get good flight times if you do not torture it,and it will not shut down......if mine was going to-it would have happened by now.My buddy had a good idea,right after he gives it a flight-he sits the nose on a fan that blows on the ESC,s and fan units,and he puts the Lipo behind the nossles it cools down everything in less then a minute.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:31 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
I am going in the morning to try out the little bit more tweeking i just did-before i go to the Indoor fly-in....i will try to get some vid.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 08:10 AM
Registered User
sanman55's Avatar
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,004 Posts
I was referring to the 95 degree temp . after 3.5 min. flight...Thats pretty cool.. I wonder who is buying these birds...they don't go on rcgroups..just a few hear and only a couple from the usa..Maybe they are just too busy flying
I am going to still wait,, I buy a lot of planes and get tired of them quickly...this one is very costly but wow what a performer..
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:36 AM
Registered User
gapple12's Avatar
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Anyone know if there is a kit version available yet ? I would rather put my own equipment in this one.
gapple12 is offline Find More Posts by gapple12
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Phase 3 Squall Hp, thrust vector, plus new airframe redrsv Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 10 Dec 28, 2010 09:07 AM
Wanted Seb-Art Miss Wind 110 E NIB, or Used RTF Aero12 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Dec 26, 2010 12:11 AM
New Product NEW! MONSTER THRUST VECTOR EDF F22 buy the RTF get ARF kit free? rjp0325 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 17 Sep 24, 2010 07:12 PM
Sold New Mig-29 Vectored Thrust Complete Kit Harv Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Feb 29, 2008 09:24 AM
Video Mig-29 with 2-Dimension Thrust-Vector-Control system bryan.chen Electric Plane Talk 0 Jun 25, 2006 08:21 AM