HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:39 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
First, what does your Windows machine do, give me the message?

Second, you must not have read my tips did you? The plane needs to be trimmed properly, what looks like zero elevator is actually UP so when you glide and cut off power, it goes up. You can fix this by adjusting the sub trim on elevator (NOT the trim as this will change BOTH elevator AND vector nozzles!). Then when you power up and it likely dives, adjust the sub trim on Vector 1 and Vector 2 (aux 1 and Aux 2) UP to correct that diving under power (again, NOT the trim!)...

Jack
It asks me to validate my windows,and i no longer have that info.....I was just curious if you were going to post it on You-Tube...I would love to see it.Is it Rob or Pablo flying it by chance ?
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:41 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
It asks me to validate my windows,and i no longer have that info.....I was just curious if you were going to post it on You-Tube...I would love to see it.Is it Rob or Pablo flying it by chance ?
Try downloading the free VideoLAN VLC player, it includes most popular codecs which may not be included with the Microsoft media player.
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:46 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,255 Posts
Quote:
I post on my own server, I just don't like the idea that if I want to delete a video that it's not really deleted because it's in someone else's database (YouTube, Vimeo, etc). What version of Windows do you have?

As for the pilot, no comment...

Jack
jfetter is online now Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Sep 15, 2011, 04:36 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
First, what does your Windows machine do, give me the message?

Second, you must not have read my tips did you? The plane needs to be trimmed properly, what looks like zero elevator is actually UP so when you glide and cut off power, it goes up. You can fix this by adjusting the sub trim on elevator (NOT the trim as this will change BOTH elevator AND vector nozzles!). Then when you power up and it likely dives, adjust the sub trim on Vector 1 and Vector 2 (aux 1 and Aux 2) UP to correct that diving under power (again, NOT the trim!)...

Jack
My trim only moves the elev,not both......and i just broke two horns adjusting the Ail this thing is on my nerves bigtime.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 05:11 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
I am removing all the horns and covering them with thin carbon fiber plate...These stock horns,and all the other hardware is JUNK (after the fly-in this weekend at my home field,i will pull this whole plane down and change out all the junk if it makes it).It just makes me sick how cheap this plane is built for the money they charge...I mean really,i am already ok with paying for this jet-just charge me 50 bucks more and use some good hardware-i would have no problem with that.....and that goes for EVERY chinese ARF i have ever purchased.
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Sep 15, 2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 05:27 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,255 Posts
Quote:
I am removing all the horns and covering them with thin carbon fiber plate...These stock horns,and all the other hardware is JUNK (after the fly-in this weekend at my home field,i will pull this whole plane down and change out all the junk if it makes it).It just makes me sick how cheap this plane is built for the money they charge...I mean really,i am already ok with paying for this jet-just charge me 50 bucks more and use some good hardware-i would have no problem with that.....and that goes for EVERY chinese ARF i have ever purchased.
I hear ya' brother, I feel the same way, charge me more but give me the goods!

Jack
Old Sep 15, 2011, 06:50 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
I hear ya' brother, I feel the same way, charge me more but give me the goods!

Jack
I am sorry you have to read my tangents like this But i have my home field here in Daytona first ever all electric fly in,and this thing for sure is fighting me tooth and nail to get right. I just came back from the field from putting on another three flights,and i went out with a different mind set-and not try to trim the plane to glide,but to fly......and i have it flying real nice at this time......But my same issue is there,if i just pull the throttle off-the plane glides up to the point where the elev alone is almost useless......crazy thing is,if i just have the fans spinning a couple hundred RPM (the lowest i can get it) it moves along and lands just fine
Old Sep 15, 2011, 06:52 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Can somebody who has this plane flying good,post pictures of the flying surfaces powered up in there neutral possition........I must be missing something here.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 06:54 PM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
1,972 Posts
Quote:
My trim only moves the elev,not both......and i just broke two horns adjusting the Ail this thing is on my nerves bigtime.
If the trim link is off in the elevator to vector mix than you would be right.trim on the radio would only effect the elevator..if the trim link is on than they would both work together for trim...
Nice looking dog........

Pictures would be nice.. a picture is worth a thousand words....
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Old Sep 15, 2011, 06:55 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
I am supprised at the flight times now that i am stretching the timmer out farther and farther with my charge info.....I am getting 4 minutes with using the throttle pretty good.....thumbs up....Things are looking up.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 07:06 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55 View Post
If the trim link is off in the elevator to vector mix than you would be right.trim on the radio would only effect the elevator..if the trim link is on than they would both work together for trim...
Nice looking dog........

Pictures would be nice.. a picture is worth a thousand words....
I just went off the manual (which after rereading a couple times- i see where it said the nossels move with the rudder at all times ) It does not say to link the trims,and frankly i can not see why i would want them both to move on the trim...Elev is Elev,and Vector is Vector......I am trimming the plane to fly in low rates where the Vector does not work with the elev.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 07:07 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,255 Posts
Quote:
I am sorry you have to read my tangents like this But i have my home field here in Daytona first ever all electric fly in,and this thing for sure is fighting me tooth and nail to get right. I just came back from the field from putting on another three flights,and i went out with a different mind set-and not try to trim the plane to glide,but to fly......and i have it flying real nice at this time......But my same issue is there,if i just pull the throttle off-the plane glides up to the point where the elev alone is almost useless......crazy thing is,if i just have the fans spinning a couple hundred RPM (the lowest i can get it) it moves along and lands just fine
Daytona Florida? When is the fly-in?!

Jack
Old Sep 15, 2011, 07:08 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,255 Posts
Quote:
Can somebody who has this plane flying good,post pictures of the flying surfaces powered up in there neutral possition........I must be missing something here.
I'll get it out of the garage tonight and post, give me an hour or so...

Jack
Old Sep 15, 2011, 07:18 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
On a GREAT NOTE,after the flights i have put on this plane,i see no issue at all with the engines,fans,ESC,s,and wiring.....I beat it real good tonight,and only got some heat in it......I know it is only 9 flights-but the for me that is a good sign.....I just have to keep plugging away at the flight trim and hardware......It does fly amazing in 3D mode.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 07:26 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Daytona Florida? When is the fly-in?!

Jack
Yup,it is in my back yard-and it is a GREAT FIELD (with a new Geo Textile Runway,the best to belly takeoff and land a EDF) this Saturday is our first all electric fly-in (we have done a bunch of Giant scale 3D and IMAC events)...I will go there with 6 killer planes,but i realy just want to fly the Mig and the Habu ....Best part is,on Sunday we have the Second Embry-Riddle indoor electric Fly-In on Sunday......I LOVE going 3D Haywire in the double gym with the music and the AC cranking....Regardless if i get this Mig perfect-I am going to have a FUN weekend flying with my Buddies flying my 3D Butt Off.......Thanks a bunch for taking the time to put the pics up.......By chance,did you ever build a Hanger 9 27% Extra 260 electric ???