HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2011, 12:15 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,302 Posts
I really enjoyed building this Mig, the radio programming is fairly heavy, if you're not familiar with setting up mixes, get out the manual!

Jack
jfetter is online now Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Sep 02, 2011, 12:18 AM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,302 Posts
By the time I was done with the build and programming the radio, it may have taken a total of 3 hours, light build though, mostly glue curing...

Jack
Old Sep 02, 2011, 12:25 AM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
Don't bother with static run up tests. That's a sure fire way to burn something up. These things need to be under flight loads, not static. Yeah, in a hover it's kind of static, but not at full throttle. We got our shipment in from Thunder Power and they are all gone already. We'll have another order with TP in here soon. I'll have my 3 planes flying at the E-Week at the Nall later this month. Hope to see some of you there.

Jason Cole
I ordered mine in late July ... are orders that were taken around that time going to be from the 2nd shipment?
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Sep 02, 2011, 04:47 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,099 Posts
Hello there,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Henrik~ have you found out how or if your ESC will be replaced? Did you look to SebArt or your Distributor for assistance?
Thanks for asking, so far I did not get an information about how the replacement policy will look like. I wrote to SebArt, but got no reply at all - bravo Italia! I wrote to my distributor many times, and they send me many nice e-mails including the info that Mr. Silvestri flew to China last week, but so far there is no answer what to actually do. I asked them again today, the next step after that will be a legal threat, the next step after that legal action. 430 Euros / 610 $ are too much to just let them go out through the chimney.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Sep 02, 2011, 06:24 AM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
1,991 Posts
NIce job and great coverage of the build...One thing I do when useing expoxy is to just do a spot of CA on each end..This holds things in place while the expoxy cures
I am almost as excited as if I got it...I know you will give a fair and honest report.
Flying today??
Keep up the great coverage...
sanford
ps.. did you build both or just one??
sanman55 is online now Find More Posts by sanman55
Last edited by sanman55; Sep 02, 2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old Sep 02, 2011, 07:32 AM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55 View Post
NIce job and great coverage of the build...One thing I do when useing expoxy is to just do a spot of CA on each end..This holds things in place while the expoxy cures
I am almost as excited as if I got it...I know you will give a fair and honest report.
Flying today??
Keep up the great coverage...
sanford
Tonight if all goes right, have a "ringer" of a pilot ready ;-)

Jack
Old Sep 02, 2011, 07:34 AM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
Hello there,

Thanks for asking, so far I did not get an information about how the replacement policy will look like. I wrote to SebArt, but got no reply at all - bravo Italia! I wrote to my distributor many times, and they send me many nice e-mails including the info that Mr. Silvestri flew to China last week, but so far there is no answer what to actually do. I asked them again today, the next step after that will be a legal threat, the next step after that legal action. 430 Euros / 610 $ are too much to just let them go out through the chimney.

Cheers,
Henrik
Henrik,

Seems odd that they are giving you the runaround, this is an expensive plane and I would hope Seba values his reputation. You should copy their (Sebart's) contact information as well in case Seba is unaware of the runaround you are getting, this is a chance for him to step in and "make it right" IMO...

Jack
Old Sep 02, 2011, 07:57 AM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
Don't bother with static run up tests. That's a sure fire way to burn something up. These things need to be under flight loads, not static. Yeah, in a hover it's kind of static, but not at full throttle. We got our shipment in from Thunder Power and they are all gone already. We'll have another order with TP in here soon. I'll have my 3 planes flying at the E-Week at the Nall later this month. Hope to see some of you there.

Jason Cole
Jason,

Question for you (the resident expert on this Mig!). I programmed the radio exactly as it shows in the manual, in fact they use a 12x in the photos so it wasn't too bad. The question is, my Ailerons move opposite the rudders and nozzles in all flight modes, is this just to counter the rolll force that the rudders and nozzles have? I assume yours does this as well?

Thanks in advance,

Jack
Old Sep 02, 2011, 07:58 AM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55 View Post
Just the first one, if I come home happy and in a good moode after the maiden I'll crack open the second!

Jack
Old Sep 02, 2011, 08:07 AM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Jason,

Question for you (the resident expert on this Mig!). I programmed the radio exactly as it shows in the manual, in fact they use a 12x in the photos so it wasn't too bad. The question is, my Ailerons move opposite the rudders and nozzles in all flight modes, is this just to counter the rolll force that the rudders and nozzles have? I assume yours does this as well?

Thanks in advance,

Jack
That sounds wrong. Why would you want the ailerons to act against the nozzles? Unless, do you just mean the ailerons deflect when yaw is applied???
SMorrisRC is online now Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
Old Sep 02, 2011, 08:09 AM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorrisRC View Post
That sounds wrong. Why would you want the ailerons to act against the nozzles? Unless, do you just mean the ailerons deflect when yaw is applied???
Yes, the Ailerons move opposite the rudder/nozzles (which always move in unison, nomatter which mode). I see it on Seba's page too, where he shows video of the surfaces for each mode but mine is more pronounced, I programmed using his pictures in the manual. Checking for updated instructions to confirm...

Jack
Old Sep 02, 2011, 08:25 AM
I like them a bit tail heavy
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Got my Migs today! Jack
Jack, Thanks for the pics. I will be very interested in your review...Tom
tdab is offline Find More Posts by tdab
Old Sep 02, 2011, 08:42 AM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,302 Posts
I have confirmed that opposite aileron-to-rudder programming is in-fact correct, it's "Mix 7", see below...

-----

In Pos 0, 1, 2 this mixing is always ON.
Rudder RIGHT → ailerons LEFT 36%
Rudder LEFT → ailerons RIGHT 36%
This mixing is necessary for an easier knife edge fly.

-----

Jack