SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:23 PM
Bulgaria, Sofia-city, Sofia
Joined Aug 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerio View Post
My left elevator servo presented problem. It moves more than the other, is not the most neutral and moves alone without command. someone already changed the servo sebart? and how he fixed?
If you change that servo , I sugest you change both Elevator servos so they will be equal - a good choice for cheap ones is:

Corona_929MG or Turnigy_TGY_9025MG

I had both on my other planes and they look great - of course you can get nice ones Hitec_HS_65MG too if money are not a problem.

I am still having troubles balancing my fans - a bad noise I hear when full throtle on the ground - it is like a resonance from both fans over the fuselage. I am starting to think for some nice inruners + cs10 maybe ?
cdmanbg is offline Find More Posts by cdmanbg
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:34 PM
off2fly
Danville Va
Joined Feb 2007
34 Posts
Air Frame only

Wish I could get a replacement air frame in US, they want 250.00 + Shipping
off2fly is offline Find More Posts by off2fly
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:54 PM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Thank for the answer. Mine is flying perfect. This is the first problem.
Do you how the servo on sebart mig 29 is fixed? Is easy to remove?
rogerio is offline Find More Posts by rogerio
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:29 PM
Bulgaria, Sofia-city, Sofia
Joined Aug 2012
178 Posts
It should be pretty yeasy , usually they use cold white silocon glue for that. So with a sharp knife - stab gentrly between servo and foam , them unplug. It requires little patience

I see now that one of these servos has R sign on it - it means that it is reversed one. This will make a little problem changing these with new pair - since you will get 2 normal ones, in this case you can use signal reverser
cdmanbg is offline Find More Posts by cdmanbg
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:53 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by off2fly View Post
Wish I could get a replacement air frame in US, they want 250.00 + Shipping
Hae you tried www.thunderpowerrc.com? or Chief Aircraft?

Jack
jfetter is online now Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:29 AM
off2fly
Danville Va
Joined Feb 2007
34 Posts
250+ shipping, seems high for a Piece of foam to me.....
off2fly is offline Find More Posts by off2fly
Last edited by off2fly; Feb 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:24 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
7,001 Posts
Quote:
Even if it was a composite "kit", that would be very high. I'm always skeptical of "special", limited production RC products, but once I decide to buy it, the high price for everything afterwards is just grudgingly accepted.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:33 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,522 Posts
Quote:
Don't have to buy it... ;-)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:36 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Even if it was a composite "kit", that would be very high. I'm always skeptical of "special", limited production RC products, but once I decide to buy it, the high price for everything afterwards is just grudgingly accepted.
If you are balking at the price ($250 with fans) then you are probably flying the wrong brand, Seba never hides the fact his products come with a price...

Jack
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:17 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
7,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
If you are balking at the price ($250 with fans) then you are probably flying the wrong brand, Seba never hides the fact his products come with a price...

Jack
Yup, I'm flying the wrong brand. I'm not a "money no object" type of person. Won't be buying anything from Seba again. Lesson learned. And no, you don't get what you pay for, not in this case. It's an interesting RC model but not any more so than many other much cheaper EDFs.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:27 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,522 Posts
Quote:
Yup, I'm flying the wrong brand. I'm not a "money no object" type of person. Won't be buying anything from Seba again. Lesson learned. And no, you don't get what you pay for, not in this case. It's an interesting RC model but not any more so than many other much cheaper EDFs.
I disagree completely here. I have the Sebart Mig and I recently made the sorry mistake of buying the Freewing SU-35 after all the talk of what a great deal it is @ $300 with gear even. It's a dog and the servos don't center, the plane flys only half decent not to mention the gear broke off on a very gentle landing. No thanks, I'll keep the Sebart @ $500 any day...

Jack
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:54 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
7,001 Posts
Quote:
I disagree completely here. I have the Sebart Mig and I recently made the sorry mistake of buying the Freewing SU-35 after all the talk of what a great deal it is @ $300 with gear even. It's a dog and the servos don't center, the plane flys only half decent not to mention the gear broke off on a very gentle landing. No thanks, I'll keep the Sebart @ $500 any day...

Jack
While I'll agree with you about the SU-35's quality, I had one and I still liked it a lot till I drove it into the ground. But that wasn't the fault of the plane. I also have the Freewing Eurofighter and the F/A-18 and these are by far, more fun for me than the Mig. Keeping in mind that the Sebart Mig is still a Freewing, it is not good value for the money. At least you can buy parts more readily and cheaply for other Freewing models. My HobbyKing composite BD-5 with all the bits and pieces to make it fly was a fraction of what that Mig cost me. It has just as much "presence" in the air if not more than the Mig. But to each his own. I'll only keep my Mig until something breaks and I have to go looking for parts or till I demolish it. Then it gets stripped down for bits to use in other planes.
Oh, did I mention that the gyro than came with my Mig is junk? Stuff happens and every plane you buy can have defective components and the Mig is no different. I'd rather pay less than more for junk.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:27 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,522 Posts
Quote:
While I'll agree with you about the SU-35's quality, I had one and I still liked it a lot till I drove it into the ground. But that wasn't the fault of the plane. I also have the Freewing Eurofighter and the F/A-18 and these are by far, more fun for me than the Mig. Keeping in mind that the Sebart Mig is still a Freewing, it is not good value for the money. At least you can buy parts more readily and cheaply for other Freewing models. My HobbyKing composite BD-5 with all the bits and pieces to make it fly was a fraction of what that Mig cost me. It has just as much "presence" in the air if not more than the Mig. But to each his own. I'll only keep my Mig until something breaks and I have to go looking for parts or till I demolish it. Then it gets stripped down for bits to use in other planes.
Oh, did I mention that the gyro than came with my Mig is junk? Stuff happens and every plane you buy can have defective components and the Mig is no different. I'd rather pay less than more for junk.
I'm willing to give Seba the benefit of the doubt, I suspect a v2 Mig would be greatly improved in the few areas it needs it. I can tell you the Sebart MythoS, WindS, Miss Wind, AngelS and pretty much all of his other stuff are the best electric planes made. He's got the design eye, skill and seems to know what products work and how to build them, I think this first attempt at an EDF was pretty good and very challenging, a twin, 3D vectored design (thought it could have been $100 cheaper MAP IMO)...

Jack
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:47 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,743 Posts
Quote:
I'm willing to give Seba the benefit of the doubt, I suspect a v2 Mig would be greatly improved in the few areas it needs it. I can tell you the Sebart MythoS, WindS, Miss Wind, AngelS and pretty much all of his other stuff are the best electric planes made. He's got the design eye, skill and seems to know what products work and how to build them, I think this first attempt at an EDF was pretty good and very challenging, a twin, 3D vectored design (thought it could have been $100 cheaper MAP IMO)...

Jack
had it been $100 cheaper, I might have been a buyer. I was so excited for this one but lost enthusiasm after seeing pricing.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:21 AM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
had it been $100 cheaper, I might have been a buyer. I was so excited for this one but lost enthusiasm after seeing pricing.
I'll let you fly it @ SEFF ;-)

Jack