HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:49 AM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Unless you've accidentally "de-programmed" something in the ESC, there isn't anything that you really need to do with them except to calibrate the throttle limits for them. That's no different than most ESCs ............ you turn on your TX, move the throttle stick to MAX, plug in the flight battery and wait for the first set of beeps and then immediately lower the stick to MIN. If you wait too long for subsequent beeps, then you can accidentally program in the wrong type of battery, motor brake ON/OFF, etc. THEN, you would need the instruction manual for the ESCs.
yeah like a dummy thats what I did during the low c rating battery diagnosis,I think I enabled something in the start section,it now has a slight pause before the motors spin up.I have to trim up the throttle to get the motors running to eliminate the pause.So how about that programing guide?Anyone got one?
evalith8 is offline Find More Posts by evalith8
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
cdmanbg do you chance your radio setup? Your gyro is working now?
rogerio is offline Find More Posts by rogerio
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:37 AM
Bulgaria, Sofia-city, Sofia
Joined Aug 2012
177 Posts
I will make some tests this week - since My current Gyro was unplugged from plane . But new Radio has some more menus about Gyro usage , also I got another Gyro from HobbyKing for 10$, I will try/test both to see if it works and I will reports here
cdmanbg is offline Find More Posts by cdmanbg
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:12 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evalith8 View Post
yeah like a dummy thats what I did during the low c rating battery diagnosis,I think I enabled something in the start section,it now has a slight pause before the motors spin up.I have to trim up the throttle to get the motors running to eliminate the pause.So how about that programing guide?Anyone got one?
There isn't a PDF over at the CC site?
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:42 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
870 Posts
thunderpower is sending me 2 new 65 amp esc's.they suspect an esc issue so they are replacing both.fine with me since the stock ones are 45 amps.I guess Ill get a programming guide with the new ones.I also ordered some gens ace 60-120 c discharge 4000 4s batteries.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Sep 2011
11 Posts
Do you have any "how to" on making that glass copy (or any helpful links)?

What's the weight differential?
mmaxfield is offline Find More Posts by mmaxfield
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Sep 2011
11 Posts
How to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impailer View Post
my glass copy

mmaxfield is offline Find More Posts by mmaxfield
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:41 AM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2005
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaxfield View Post

Very heath robinson I am afraid - I am sure there are better ways

collect the following:

plaster of paris
play sand
pint glass
jug of water
light glass and epoxy
white spray paint
coffee stirring sticks (2 off)
original foam nose
cling film

1) put a few mm of sand in the bottom of the glass

2) wrap original cone in cling film to protect it from the sane. stand the original cone point down in a pint glass. steady it centrally, with a gap all around it;

3) fill the glass with sand and wet is as you go along, so it holds together

4) pull out the nose cone and, if you are any good at sand castles, you will have a perfect impression of it in the sand.

5) VERY carefully spoon in a plaster of paris mixture - if you pour or drop it in, it will deform your sand "cast"; place a couple of coffee stirrers or popsicle sticks in the top to act as a handle when set - secure in place with a peg or similar to stop them dropping right down. Allow to set.

6) extract plug and spend some time cleaning off the sand which will have stuck to the outside. You then have a re-usable plug to make as many glass cones as you want.

7) wrap plug in cling film tightly (or purchase an expensive release agent or similar). then wrap in glass cloth and apply epoxy. allow to set and remove glass copy.

8) paint/sand as appropriate.

sounds a pain, but very therapeutic.
Impailer is offline Find More Posts by Impailer
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:09 PM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
I would take a doubt. at takeoff, throwing in hand, is using the vectoring? in normal flight, when the motor cut off, the nose goes up and when add the engine, the nose sinks. Is correct?
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:22 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerio View Post
I would take a doubt. at takeoff, throwing in hand, is using the vectoring? in normal flight, when the motor cut off, the nose goes up and when add the engine, the nose sinks. Is correct?
That's the way mine was when it was balanced according to the manual. This tendency helps to set up for hovering. I'm not even close to hovering so I didn't like this. I moved the battery as far forward as I could and it flew more "normal" but still acting like it's tail heavy - not nearly as bad as before. As I get more used to this plane, I'll move the weight aft little by little.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Thank for answer, but and about the take off? Do use vectoring?
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:21 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerio View Post
Thank for answer, but and about the take off? Do use vectoring?
I keep the vectoring on all the time. It makes for some very impressive tight maneuvers. I also have one switch setting for very low rates and high expo, so it's not so twitchy even with the vectoring left on. I've been taking off from a folding table, propped up on one end. I'm trying to build up enough courage to just let it take off out of my hand on its own power.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:50 AM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
870 Posts
if anyone needs to program the esc's they are made by ztw
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:38 PM
Bulgaria, Sofia-city, Sofia
Joined Aug 2012
177 Posts
Evalith8, can you give some more details about programming mine are ok , but it is good to have this info just in case.

Today I had another problem on my Mig - just on 25 second of the flight - one of the FANs broke . I don't know how and why - but the sound you will hear from movie speaks for itself

Any idea where to order replacement on these, I live in Europe ?

Here is the movie we took and some pictures of the after action review

Sebart MiG-29 EDF 3D - inflight impeller failure (1 min 10 sec)

cdmanbg is offline Find More Posts by cdmanbg
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
sebart mig with wheels