HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:59 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,918 Posts
Throttle endpoints are usually set by raising throttle to 100% on the TX, then connecting the battery to the BEC/ESC. After the initial tones, lower the throttle to 0%, then the ESC should begin their normal startup tones. Both should be setup at the same time.

Also, on your RX throttle channel, only one of the ESC cables should have the red (DC power) wire connected and active. If using an external BEC, neither should be active.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:42 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
no bec here,if no becis used your saying that one of the red wires from the y harness into the throttle should be disconeected?does it matter which side,if the esc are plugged into the y harness one at a time the motors go to full throttle,if connected to gether the right side always drops rpm above half throttle.if no bec is used does it matter which side the red wire is disconnected on?
evalith8 is offline Find More Posts by evalith8
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:45 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
this onlt occured after the first flight which was fine,weird.it seems that when connected together above half throttle the right motor loses power every time
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:54 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,918 Posts
Do the throttle endpoint set-up first, see if that clears the problem.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:19 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
did them,nothing chnaged.after messing with it Ive managed change someting in the speed control programing,need to somehow get that back to default settings.
Ive conclude that each motor works fine by itslef so no esc or motor problem,however together the right motor loses power at half throttle or better,where jasone cole when you need him.regreting getting this plane already
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:29 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evalith8 View Post
no bec here,if no becis used your saying that one of the red wires from the y harness into the throttle should be disconeected?does it matter which side,if the esc are plugged into the y harness one at a time the motors go to full throttle,if connected to gether the right side always drops rpm above half throttle.if no bec is used does it matter which side the red wire is disconnected on?
Did you change something from stock? Since you're not using an external BEC, you should not be disconnecting anything. That's the way it was meant to work.
I installed an external BEC and I disconnected only the red wire from the ESC plug that goes into the RX.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:41 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Did you change something from stock? Since you're not using an external BEC, you should not be disconnecting anything. That's the way it was meant to work.
I installed an external BEC and I disconnected only the red wire from the ESC plug that goes into the RX.
it was setup stock,made on flight,one the second flight the problem started.first flight was fine,bottom line the right motor loses power above halpf throttle,totally baffled here
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:52 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
i pm jason cole.I hope he can help.I dont understand how one motor loses power when they both test fine by themsleves,cant be an esc or motor IMO.
I mean both engines should put out the same power at any throttle setting id imagine?
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:57 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
Im going to be bed,my head feels like the guy in the movie scanners
Scanners - Best Scenes HD (11 min 48 sec)

go to 1.39
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:52 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
got to thinking,the battery I was using is a gens ace 4000 4s 25c with plenty of cycles.Im curious if the lower c rating is the culprit here.Seems fine below 1/2 throttle.Im going to try some higher c batteries & see what happens.either way by accident i changed the settings on the esc's.I think I enabled hard start.anyone have a programing guide for the esc's?
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:58 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,218 Posts
I'm using 65 - 130C batteries. 25C might be somewhat weak.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Hi cdmanbg, do you flow your mig?
I flew mine this weekend but at the last landing just splitting the bill.
I glued the night and am now waiting for the next weekend to fly.
I'm enjoying increasingly jet, so get over lack intimacy and lose a bit of fear of breaking.
rogerio is offline Find More Posts by rogerio
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:59 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
I'm using 65 - 130C batteries. 25C might be somewhat weak.
just put in my best 25c & the problem went away but only ran it on th ebench for a few seconds.I just ordered a 60-120c 4s,still need a programing guide for th esc
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:13 PM
Bulgaria, Sofia-city, Sofia
Joined Aug 2012
172 Posts
Hey Rogerio , this weekend I have 5 flights on my Mig , as you say I am more confident to fly it now. Today I had little problem. My hatch cover broke in the middle of the flight. It seems it has a week point and when airflow comes inside - it pushesh the hatch cover. So when I tried to do some acrobatics on max speed its just spread out in to the air.

I was scared very much because I thought it was an Eleron or something - but landed it the Mig very easy. We glue it on the field with epoxy and it is ok now.

Also bought new JR XG11 , this thing has everything that I will need for now.
cdmanbg is offline Find More Posts by cdmanbg
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:20 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evalith8 View Post
just put in my best 25c & the problem went away but only ran it on th ebench for a few seconds.I just ordered a 60-120c 4s,still need a programing guide for th esc
Unless you've accidentally "de-programmed" something in the ESC, there isn't anything that you really need to do with them except to calibrate the throttle limits for them. That's no different than most ESCs ............ you turn on your TX, move the throttle stick to MAX, plug in the flight battery and wait for the first set of beeps and then immediately lower the stick to MIN. If you wait too long for subsequent beeps, then you can accidentally program in the wrong type of battery, motor brake ON/OFF, etc. THEN, you would need the instruction manual for the ESCs.