HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:20 AM
Bulgaria, Sofia-city, Sofia
Joined Aug 2012
172 Posts
Thanks , I will try that this evening , I guess a little changes must be made - but both radios are almost the same.
cdmanbg is offline Find More Posts by cdmanbg
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:07 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmanbg View Post
Thanks , I will try that this evening , I guess a little changes must be made - but both radios are almost the same.
My understanding is that the files are not interchangeable at all...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:57 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
well I just bit the bullet & ordered one of these.I hope this turns out to be a worth while purchase.I got back into the hobby 2.5 years ago with smaller edf's from banana hobby that were pure junk & started flying 3d only after that.I still fly 95%
3d but wanted something a little different so I grabbed one of these.Ive always been a big russian jet fan.Hope it works out as far as a reliability & longevity,unless of course I pancake it
evalith8 is offline Find More Posts by evalith8
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:53 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evalith8 View Post
I hope this turns out to be a worth while purchase.
I think you will not be disappointed. My biggest disappointment with the MiG was that by now, with the new ESCs, it is so good out of the box that it hardly needs any tinkering anymore - how would you improve it?

With previous models, you could always identify clearly weak spots and fix them and feel better .

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:10 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
anyone installed landing gear on one yet?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:33 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evalith8 View Post
anyone installed landing gear on one yet?
Why would you? The skids work very well and are necessary to achieve the low weight.

If you want something with landing gear, buy the LX MiG-29 or the Freewing SU-35, in my humble opinion.

Cheers,
Henrik
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
172 Posts
Hi again , yesterday maidened mine, after understanding what mixes doo actually programing was easy. A friend of mine throw it up at about 45 degrees . With WELLPOWER 4s 4000Mah it flies about 5 minutes - only normal flight

The only problem I had was with Gyro. It is Artech Art-tech AT-EG301 V3 Gyro , I could not stop it from TX as described in manual. Gyro manual said - if sense channel > 50% Gyro works in Head Lock mode , if channes is < 50% - Gyro is in normal mode. I could not found a was to switch it off , and also in one of the modes - it got some left drifting I don't know why.

My TX is Spectrum DX7s - any idea how to fix the Gyro ?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:05 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,941 Posts
If channel=50%, the gain should be zero (in either mode) and the gyro effectively off. You can connect CH5 to a three-way switch channel on your TX.
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:23 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges View Post
Why would you? The skids work very well and are necessary to achieve the low weight.

If you want something with landing gear, buy the LX MiG-29 or the Freewing SU-35, in my humble opinion.

Cheers,
Henrik
Yeah I was over on the su 35 thread,pretty badass.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Dx7S

This is my setup with Dx7S. If possible, copy your setup and test mine. I use the gyro on Gear swith. 0 is off, 1 is on.
For mixing I use the F Mode switch, only use 1 Mode.
Please see my setup before use.
After test say me about any modification.
If possible, send me your setup to see too.
Nice flights.
rogerio is offline Find More Posts by rogerio
Last edited by rogerio; Oct 28, 2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
172 Posts
Thanks Rogerio , I will look your setup file. I also made F mode switch for flight modes 0 and 1 - since FM2 is for 3D Pros with -60 expo

At the moment I bypassed gyro by disconecting it from plane

Here is my file and my video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eddudGGW7zU
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
Hobby Lobby just said it would be over 2 weeks for a gyro version,however the non gyro version is avaliable.I fly 3d pretty well so Im wondering,do I really need a gyro on this plane.I can burn through a battery or tank of fuel torque rolling & Ive never had a gyro on a 3d plane.Big difference on one of these?I really dont feel like waiting.Thoughts?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:46 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
after talking to Neil at Hobby Lobby I ordered the non gyro version .He was telling me the gyro is really for the guy who does not fly 3d & is not comfortable hovering.Should be here thursday.If they start selling the Freewing SU35 Ill be getting on of those.Right now it would be ordering from Banana Hobby or HK via China.Id rather fly a slimer warbird for a year straight than deal with Banana Hobby
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:25 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,097 Posts
Adding the gyro is no problem

Hi there,

you can easily add a $25 gyro on your own after you bought it. It is no problem. I disagree a bit about that statement that only people "who are not comfortable hovering" would need it. Hovering the thing without a gyro on the tv rudder is very difficult.

Flying 3d without the gyro is no problem. In fact, I turn off the gyro unless I hover. I think the gyro interferes too much with 3D flying.

Cheers,
henrik
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:41 PM
Wats the worst that can happen
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
487 Posts
Nose Cone Reenforcement

Has anyone reenforced the nose cone? I understand its a weak point for the plane.
I was thinking to afix to the plane using strong magnets, and reenforce the cone as well. The nose cone should pop off in teh case of any hard landings. The cone itself should have less of a chance of sustaining damage if its reenforced too.

Anyone have experience with this?
TheCure is offline Find More Posts by TheCure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Mods to My RC Electronics