HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:21 AM
SF Valley RC Flyers
Joined Feb 2010
284 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 7C - How do I connect battery, receiver, & switch harness?

I can't find any information in the Futaba 7C manual about which plugs are used for what on the switch harness. The switch harness has a big black plug, a small red plug, and a small black plug. The receiver battery pack only can plug into the big black plug, so I did that. Then I plugged the small red plug from the switch harness into the 7/B port on the R617FS receiver. Then I tested it with a servo and it worked. Is this how I was supposed to do it? There's still a small black plug from the switch harness that is unused. What do I do with this? Is it used for recharging the receiver battery?
Killionaire is offline Find More Posts by Killionaire
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:30 AM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
Yes the second black plug is to recharge the Rx pack without disconnecting the battery,connect to the battery when the switch in off position (dpdt switch)
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:32 AM
SF Valley RC Flyers
Joined Feb 2010
284 Posts
Do you mean I must turn the switch to off when I recharge the battery?
Killionaire is offline Find More Posts by Killionaire
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:36 PM
Sandy Springs, GA
Joined Jul 2008
505 Posts
Yes.

Bruce
landeck is online now Find More Posts by landeck
Old Sep 02, 2013, 08:29 PM
Joined Mar 2013
6 Posts
I realize this thread is a couple years old, but i find it ironic that i had the exact same question on a HiTEC switch harness i just bought THiS WEEK! I mean, it doesn’t seem to matter WHO the manufacturer is - user guide instructions do not make it clear for beginners how to do a basic set up. After I got help on this forum (thanks!) i was able to install and use my harness switch. But the question is (for me anyway) why can’t manufacturers make things easier for beginners? Trying to get my first ‘glow’ engine plane off the ground is like beating my head against the wall. There is one good thing about beating ur head against the wall though, it feels so good when u stop
CrashCourse is offline Find More Posts by CrashCourse
Old Nov 01, 2013, 10:51 AM
United States, TN, Lakeland
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashCourse View Post
I realize this thread is a couple years old, but i find it ironic that i had the exact same question on a HiTEC switch harness i just bought THiS WEEK! I mean, it doesn’t seem to matter WHO the manufacturer is - user guide instructions do not make it clear for beginners how to do a basic set up. After I got help on this forum (thanks!) i was able to install and use my harness switch. But the question is (for me anyway) why can’t manufacturers make things easier for beginners? Trying to get my first ‘glow’ engine plane off the ground is like beating my head against the wall. There is one good thing about beating ur head against the wall though, it feels so good when u stop
In the old days, people bought their stuff from local mom & pop hobby shops. They were knowledgeable and helped people get started. Most people also belong to clubs and there was always one or two people in the club that liked to help beginners. Now a days, with everything ordered from the internet and sometimes from a foreign company that doesn't have English as their first language, these kind of things happen. The manufacturers haven't caught up to it yet.
rpellicciotti is offline Find More Posts by rpellicciotti
Old Nov 01, 2013, 11:20 AM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
How true rpellicciotti!
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan